Monday: fluffing! I think I spent like 2-3 hours mucking around at the gym. Tomorrow will be an epic DOMS day.
Press: 120x4, 115x5, 115x4
- I've been doing 102x5s at home on the reg for the past few weeks, I can do up to x8 comfortably. So I thought I could hit 120 right away, especially since I've been doing pullups too and was able to hit +45x6 easily the other day. False.
BP technique: 105x5xlots
- Basically, I've always sucked at the bench because I just focus on hitting my work sets and get it over with. I'm losing tightness on last reps, and when I bring the weight up, my shoulders lose tightness. So today I focused mainly on keeping shoulders tight all the way, and engaging lats. Then I was able to keep core and legs tight. I'll just do a bunch of form work on non-bench days and see if I'll be able to finally hit 200 that way.
Face Pulls: 110x10, x20, 120x12
Cable pulldown crunches: 60x8x3
- Feels weird, and if I go to 70 my legs lift a little during the pulldown. But 60 feels pretty easy. Maybe a couple of 45 plates would help.
Pallof Press: 60x5x3
- Only held these for maybe 5 seconds. Rewatched the vid and they advocate 10, so I'll do that next time.
Squat: 275x5x2, x8
- Just to remember what it feels like to skwat. I'm guessing my 3x5 max is like ~300, but these just always feel like death.
Split Jerk technique 6x10
- rep of 10 with a hop. rep of 10 from standstill. I was hitting my foot markers very well, which felt nice since I haven't done it in like a week. 3 reps of 10 with a stick for the first time, and my landing turned to poo
Then back to 10 reps from standstill to practice technique again.