I'd like some input on things to do, places to eat and so forth in SF. My and two friends are coming to SF June 29th and staying until July 3rd (part of a road trip - Google Maps route
if anyone's interested). Me and one of the other guys have been to SF previously. We're all 37 years old (from Norway) and staying at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental. Interests include:
- Music (covered in post #748)
- Foodie type eating and all other good foods
- Cultural stuff (we liked SF museum of modern arts e.g.)
- Theme parks (went to Great America last time)
- Cool bars (no night clubs)
- Other random cool stuff - no touristy things
Things we've looked at already:
- Going back to Kiss Seafood. Absolutely loved the food last time we were here. I could be convinced to try another place though. Price shouldn't be above $200-$250 per person including drinks.
- Alcatraz. Breaks with the "no touristy things" rule, I'm willing to make an exception in this instance though
- We're going to the Mayhem Festival on July 1st
- Going to a music place one of the nights
We'd love to get input on places to eat (preferably close by, except for foodie stuff), cool places to go and whatever else you'd deem interesting based on the above. Will also browse the thread for ideas.
Additionally, we're spending 2 days in the Sonoma/Napa Valley area. Probably gonna do the Hill Estate tour
based on DF II's suggestion earlier in the thread. Been to Sonoma previously, visited 7-8 wineries (only remember the name of Kaz and Seghesio) and really loved the place. If anyone's got suggestions for wineries, places to stay and so forth I'd very much appreciate that too.
Will be making a similar thread for LA, where we'll be staying for 3 days. Thanks guys.
ETA: oh, if anyone knows good beer breweries in the Sonoma/Napa Valley area that'd be cool as well. One of the guys aren't too hot on wine, while me and another guys are pretty huge wine freaks.