Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

EDF Interesting discussion of any and all topics, including Current Events, Entertainment, Politics, Art & Literature, Career, Hobbies, Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, and Gambling. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful.

View Poll Results: Who wins??
Tyron Lanket Woodley 7 26.92%
Stephen Randall Thompson 17 65.38%
Khabib Abdulmanapovich Nurmagomedov 21 80.77%
Anthony Armand Ferguson 4 15.38%
Mark Richard Hunt 16 61.54%
Alistair Cees Overeem 8 30.77%
Daniel Ryan Cormier 16 61.54%
Anthony Kewoa Johnson 8 30.77%
Christopher James Weidman 16 61.54%
Geghard Movsesian 8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #126
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 37,982
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

How does the UFC blow this? You have WB/Woodley fighting this weekend. Bring GSP there, have him come in the ring after the fight and hype his fight against the winner. Such a lay up it's not shocking Dana bungled it
RT is offline  
Old 03-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #127
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Panic Wrestling
Posts: 7,148
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Maybe they look at it like, hey its a big fight and even if he loses we can give him the WW title fight after which is another guarenteed big fight. Why have 1 guarenteed big fight when you can have 2, maybe 3 with Conor. If he wins they'll do another 2 belt super fight with GSP vs Woodley vs Wonderboy winner or Silva. What a circus that would be lol

I haven't seen anyone say they like this fight though. Reddit, Sherdog, underground all have a pretty big disliking for it. Hell even my casual friends on facebook don't like it. It'll still probably do good numbers though.
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #128
ReliableSource
old hand
 
ReliableSource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 6/24/12 Youkilis..ship the divsion
Posts: 1,554
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

El D,

When cage close....


also,

Wooooonderboy!
ReliableSource is offline  
Old 03-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #129
cbboy
Pooh-Bah
 
cbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 4,622
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phresh View Post
Oh man, saw the Web MD link and thought cancer for sure. Damn that sucks, so he's just in pain all the time. Wonder if his style of footwork accentuated/catalyzed that?
IIRC during the podcast he said that it was from taking all the time off and not doing anything, just doing physio and then going to training twice a day to get ready for a 5 round fight.
cbboy is offline  
Old 03-01-2017, 11:14 PM   #130
CharlieDontSurf
Blessed by Pope
 
CharlieDontSurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lost at sea
Posts: 14,242
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phresh View Post
Oh man, saw the Web MD link and thought cancer for sure. Damn that sucks, so he's just in pain all the time. Wonder if his style of footwork accentuated/catalyzed that?
for the TJ fight (i think) he described how first thing in the morning he would crawl from his bed on his hands and knees to soak his feet in epsom salts and warm water before massaging them.

I had a buddy who did marathons etc and he got it bad in one foot and said it suuuucked.

I think he fights a couple more times after Cody/TJ in late 2017 and then hangs it up.
CharlieDontSurf is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #131
Used2Play
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 514
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimAbuser View Post
Maybe they look at it like, hey its a big fight and even if he loses we can give him the WW title fight after which is another guarenteed big fight. Why have 1 guarenteed big fight when you can have 2, maybe 3 with Conor. If he wins they'll do another 2 belt super fight with GSP vs Woodley vs Wonderboy winner or Silva. What a circus that would be lol

I haven't seen anyone say they like this fight though. Reddit, Sherdog, underground all have a pretty big disliking for it. Hell even my casual friends on facebook don't like it. It'll still probably do good numbers though.
i think this is why Maia takes a fight now. He knows he is not next. If he wins vs. Bisping he may defend vs. 50 yr old anderson silva. other wise he vacates or loses to bisping and fights at 170 title next. hence maia not waiting anymore.
Used2Play is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #132
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Panic Wrestling
Posts: 7,148
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2Play View Post
i think this is why Maia takes a fight now. He knows he is not next. If he wins vs. Bisping he may defend vs. 50 yr old anderson silva. other wise he vacates or loses to bisping and fights at 170 title next. hence maia not waiting anymore.
With how things look to be heading in the UFC, seeing exciting guys like Romero, Ferguson, and Holloway go on more impressive runs and still not get title shots, I really doubt Maia is anywhere near a title shot honestly.
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #133
Snoop Todd
old hand
 
Snoop Todd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Justiceville, KY
Posts: 1,572
MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Geez is this sport trying to jump the shark? Let's just never build up any new fighters and we can have all the old guys fight each other! Seems sustainable...

Last edited by Snoop Todd; 03-02-2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: My bad forgot about the Karate Hottie, Paige, and Sage!!!
Snoop Todd is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #134
cbboy
Pooh-Bah
 
cbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 4,622
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

I agree in that I really can't see GSP defending the title against Romero, Jacare, etc. The guys in that division are a lot bigger than him and I feel like he would have a ton of trouble against the top 5 or so in that division. I feel like he has an OK chance against Bisping. I wish that he would have just stayed retired. It is extremely rare to have the best go out on top especially in combat sports...
cbboy is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #135
Thug Bubbles
Pooh-Bah
 
Thug Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,094
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Bisping is arguably the best version of himself right now. GSP was noticeably slower in the Conduit/Hendricks fights and that was 4 years and one ACL surgery ago. I'd feel a lot better about his chances if he was a submission or KO artist, but his last finish was 8 damn years ago.
Thug Bubbles is online now  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #136
cbboy
Pooh-Bah
 
cbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 4,622
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Very true. Bisping is the only top guy at 185 that GSP has a chance against imo. I believe that GSP has a slight reach advantage as well so that can't hurt. I am not sure if he will be able to take him down. Bisping has pretty good TDD and gets up really quickly. I feel like the ground game has evolved a lot since GSP fought last. A few years ago a lot of guys were content with laying on their back and losing a round. In the last few years, people are getting better wrestling, fighting to their feet better, getting to the cage to get up a lot more. I feel that is going to be a big difference for GSP as well even though he has been consistently training for the last few years.
cbboy is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #137
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,658
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Todd View Post
Geez is this sport trying to jump the shark? Let's just never build up any new fighters and we can have all the old guys fight each other! Seems sustainable...
Who knew the UFC would be the one to adopt the Bellator model!
Daddy Warbucks is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #138
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,658
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

UFC gets murked in their own replies for the fight announcement

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/837018077791305728
Daddy Warbucks is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #139
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Panic Wrestling
Posts: 7,148
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbboy View Post
Very true. Bisping is the only top guy at 185 that GSP has a chance against imo. I believe that GSP has a slight reach advantage as well so that can't hurt. I am not sure if he will be able to take him down. Bisping has pretty good TDD and gets up really quickly. I feel like the ground game has evolved a lot since GSP fought last. A few years ago a lot of guys were content with laying on their back and losing a round. In the last few years, people are getting better wrestling, fighting to their feet better, getting to the cage to get up a lot more. I feel that is going to be a big difference for GSP as well even though he has been consistently training for the last few years.
Well GSP will lose some of that reach, having to punch up about 4 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
UFC gets murked in their own replies for the fight announcement

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/837018077791305728

lmao fantastic.
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #140
cbboy
Pooh-Bah
 
cbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 4,622
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Touche. Good point. I am surprised it is even close since Bisping is a lot taller.
cbboy is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #141
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Panic Wrestling
Posts: 7,148
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

GSP is one of them weirdly built dudes who just has gorrila arms. His reach is 6 inches longer than his height. Similar to Conor.
StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #142
Used2Play
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 514
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

If this is the fight for MW Title I can see Conor's first fight back fighting Nate for 155 title. Why not? He promised a trilogy completed at this weight class. Will sell a lot more than anyone else at 155.

Khabib/Tony & Romero/Jacare are likely the best in their divisions, how none have had a title shot yet is pretty crazy.
Used2Play is offline  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #143
PartyGirlUK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PartyGirlUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Self banned
Posts: 20,676
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGirlUK View Post
Keith Thurman v. Danny Garcia on Showtime next Saturday
Thurman v. Garcia is on CBS. Most of y'all be watching UFC but worth DVRing the boxing. Best boxing fight on network TV in probably > 20 years. Undercard sucks unfortunately.

Pumped for Saturday's fights. There's a British boxing PPV too although the card kinda sucks.
PartyGirlUK is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #144
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 37,982
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Yeah Keith and Danny are going to put on a show. Well worth the watch.
RT is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 03:22 AM   #145
augie_
satanically inspired

 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 20,619
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

i got free tickets to 209!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
augie_ is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #146
FloppyJ
adept
 
FloppyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,029
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_ View Post
i got free tickets to 209!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sick. Enjoy!!
FloppyJ is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #147
StimAbuser
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StimAbuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Panic Wrestling
Posts: 7,148
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

StimAbuser is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #148
Faluzure
veteran
 
Faluzure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In Your Mind
Posts: 2,973
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

**** everything
Faluzure is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #149
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,743
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

The weight ins are at 10 pst correct?
wesrwood is offline  
Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #150
PartyGirlUK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PartyGirlUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Self banned
Posts: 20,676
Re: MMA/Fightin' Thread - Now with actual good fights!!

If Khabib can't fight I hope Vannata v. Ferguson II is made for the interim title.
PartyGirlUK is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online