Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

EDF Interesting discussion of any and all topics, including Current Events, Entertainment, Politics, Art & Literature, Career, Hobbies, Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, and Gambling. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #3026
burkoboy
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ENN WHYY SEE
Posts: 2,160
Re: Let's Talk Watches

that collection is pretty damn sick...

this guy also has a nice one:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=315283
burkoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #3027
Daddy Warbucks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Daddy Warbucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,464
Re: Let's Talk Watches

WTF?
Daddy Warbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #3028
dmkai3
veteran
 
dmkai3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,613
Re: Let's Talk Watches

That's some hardcore watch porn.
dmkai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #3029
crdjeep
old hand
 
crdjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,381
Re: Let's Talk Watches

I have this one!

Last edited by crdjeep; 05-23-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: another pic
crdjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #3030
trplthrt
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RunHotSports
Posts: 1,317
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplease View Post
Just back from service (full overhaul)..
Mind me asking what you paid for a servicing? Have owned my Sub for 8 years, never serviced, thinking about bringing her in...
trplthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #3031
trplthrt
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RunHotSports
Posts: 1,317
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnipes28 View Post
I know a little while ago I posted asking about selling a watch and there were some people here who said they had done a fair amount of business on tz or wus. I am actively looking to get rid of my IWC Portofino Chronograph (I want to buy that Sinn U1 I believe) and if anyone could help me w that it would be much appreciated.

-John
John, there is a forum dedicated to selling watches on WUS. Take a look through and you can see typical format/details people would be looking for including pictures. I bought a watch that way recently (that B&M Capeland I posted a while back). It's definitely legit and has a lot of hits.

With regards to the Sinn U1... I'll give you this info since I am trying to get my hands on one as well. Just about EVERYONE is sold out of this thing. www.watchbuys.com is the only AD in the US and are overpriced with comparison to the European guys. www.sinnwatches.com was the best price I could find but they will not ship to the US. If you can figure out a way to ship in Europe and then have someone ship to you, you'll save a few hundred bucks especially with the falling Euro.

I can't wait to get this watch.. I've got a hold on it w/ bracelet and rubber strap for next batch coming in. My wife may kill me considering I've bought more watches the past 6 months than in my life, but at least my wrist will look bad-a$$

I recently just bought this (poor pic and glare from lights, but...);



Sinn U1 (SICK watch);


Last edited by trplthrt; 05-23-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added the Sinn U1 pic
trplthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #3032
jsnipes28
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jsnipes28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,695
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by trplthrt View Post
John, there is a forum dedicated to selling watches on WUS. Take a look through and you can see typical format/details people would be looking for including pictures. I bought a watch that way recently (that B&M Capeland I posted a while back). It's definitely legit and has a lot of hits.

With regards to the Sinn U1... I'll give you this info since I am trying to get my hands on one as well. Just about EVERYONE is sold out of this thing. www.watchbuys.com is the only AD in the US and are overpriced with comparison to the European guys. www.sinnwatches.com was the best price I could find but they will not ship to the US. If you can figure out a way to ship in Europe and then have someone ship to you, you'll save a few hundred bucks especially with the falling Euro.

I can't wait to get this watch.. I've got a hold on it w/ bracelet and rubber strap for next batch coming in. My wife may kill me considering I've bought more watches the past 6 months than in my life, but at least my wrist will look bad-a$$

I recently just bought this (poor pic and glare from lights, but...);



Sinn U1 (SICK watch);

i e-mailed watchbuys and they told me they should have more in 3-5 days. i'm torn between that one and the black one which is rpetty sick too:

jsnipes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #3033
starchyy
adept
 
starchyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,168
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Not a huge fan of those Sinn watches. Too chunky imo
starchyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #3034
trplthrt
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RunHotSports
Posts: 1,317
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnipes28 View Post
i e-mailed watchbuys and they told me they should have more in 3-5 days. i'm torn between that one and the black one which is rpetty sick too:

I only like the original really. I recently got one watch PVD, like it a lot, but I think for this model the original is the cleanest look.

Good luck! Post some pics when you get whichever you choose!

Edit: Hmmm.. crown not matching bezel is a little quirky for me here?
trplthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #3035
amoeba
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,845
Re: Let's Talk Watches

I like the black one more. seems more pure.
amoeba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #3036
jsnipes28
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jsnipes28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,695
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by trplthrt View Post
I only like the original really. I recently got one watch PVD, like it a lot, but I think for this model the original is the cleanest look.

Good luck! Post some pics when you get whichever you choose!

Edit: Hmmm.. crown not matching bezel is a little quirky for me here?
yea i've never had an all black watch. i really like the way they look in pictures but don't know if i would get sick of it. the original is nice since you can have the option of strap or bracelet tho i have no idea how difficult they are to change.
jsnipes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #3037
dibbs
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,341
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Feel like the black bezel stainless case on that U1 is something you'd really want to see in person before you'd buy, but could just be me.

Divers are also something I really want rubber and a bracelet for, but again, just my preference.
dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #3038
trplthrt
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: RunHotSports
Posts: 1,317
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnipes28 View Post
yea i've never had an all black watch. i really like the way they look in pictures but don't know if i would get sick of it. the original is nice since you can have the option of strap or bracelet tho i have no idea how difficult they are to change.
Strap change is easy.. I would get the Sinn rubber strap w/ large deployment (there is a small option as well) to compliment the bracelet. I think it's about $120.

I've also found rubber being super comfortable... could be my favorite.
trplthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #3039
pokerplease
adept
 
pokerplease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by trplthrt View Post
Mind me asking what you paid for a servicing? Have owned my Sub for 8 years, never serviced, thinking about bringing her in...
I'm in Canada so it might be diff for you. It was just over 700 and took 3 weeks.

She basically looks like a brand new watch. I also got an updated replacement value on my invoice so hopefully I can use that to update my insurance (yay, higher premiums)
pokerplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #3040
GoMukYaSelf
veteran
 
GoMukYaSelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: @SparksRemarks
Posts: 2,093
Re: Let's Talk Watches

I decided I finally wanted to get a watch but I know absolutely nothing about them. Came across this watch today:



Cartier Ballon Bleu Stainless Steel and 18K Gold Automatic Watch


Does anyone have any recommendations in this two-tone style that will look sufficiently baller but won't set me back 6k?

Is there a good "watch buying FAQ" out there so a fish like me won't screw this up? i.e. things to look for, how does sizing work, etc

Thanks for the help.
GoMukYaSelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #3041
burkoboy
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ENN WHYY SEE
Posts: 2,160
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Hey guys, I opened up a commercial marketplace account in the new forum

I hope to help some people find some watches and do anything I can to help.

I already have some watches up for sale.

Check out the new forum and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/17...l-marketplace/
burkoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #3042
JessterCPA
grinder
 
JessterCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 649
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjustin View Post
Disclaimer: I know full well this is not the type of watch that appeals to the majority of this board.

Just got in my new Stowa Antea KS. Here's the watch (with deployment clasp):
That is really nice. I am in the market for something similarly simple....Seiko SARB065 is probably what I will get.
JessterCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #3043
Ricky1231
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ricky1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,586
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Huge shipping problem.

Hey guys I really need some quick help on this one. I have a Carl F. Bucherer Patravi and it's been running fast by a bout 2 minutes per hour. I've contacted their NA office in Dayton, Ohio (I'm in Canada) and am planning on sending it in to them for repair.

The problem is that literally no one will insure shipping on the damn thing.

I'm sure that this has to be possible but I can't figure out how to do it. I leave for the WSOP on June 15th and I'd really like to get the watch back by then so time is sort of of the essence.

Any help is greatly appreciated.


Rick
Ricky1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #3044
burkoboy
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ENN WHYY SEE
Posts: 2,160
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky1231 View Post
Huge shipping problem.

Hey guys I really need some quick help on this one. I have a Carl F. Bucherer Patravi and it's been running fast by a bout 2 minutes per hour. I've contacted their NA office in Dayton, Ohio (I'm in Canada) and am planning on sending it in to them for repair.

The problem is that literally no one will insure shipping on the damn thing.

I'm sure that this has to be possible but I can't figure out how to do it. I leave for the WSOP on June 15th and I'd really like to get the watch back by then so time is sort of of the essence.

Any help is greatly appreciated.


Rick
No way you will get it back by then.

I sold a CFB and one of the push buttons fell off. I'm about 20 minutes from the place in Dayton Ohio AND my uncle freakin works there and its been in for about 3 weeks. They did have to order a part from Switzerland but they take their sweet ass time.

You are probably much better off just paying a local watchmaker to take a look at it.

For insurance, look into http://www.parcelpro.com/
burkoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #3045
cxbxax
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 284
Re: Let's Talk Watches

did the watch just do this recently? if it's fairly new and this problem just popped up it could be magnetized...simple fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky1231 View Post
Huge shipping problem.

Hey guys I really need some quick help on this one. I have a Carl F. Bucherer Patravi and it's been running fast by a bout 2 minutes per hour. I've contacted their NA office in Dayton, Ohio (I'm in Canada) and am planning on sending it in to them for repair.

The problem is that literally no one will insure shipping on the damn thing.

I'm sure that this has to be possible but I can't figure out how to do it. I leave for the WSOP on June 15th and I'd really like to get the watch back by then so time is sort of of the essence.

Any help is greatly appreciated.


Rick
cxbxax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #3046
Ricky1231
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ricky1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,586
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxbxax View Post
did the watch just do this recently? if it's fairly new and this problem just popped up it could be magnetized...simple fix.
The watch is about 4 months old. The problem started happening about 2 months ago and I just left it sitting in its box as I've been in Europe since then.

When the problem first started happening I googled it and magnetized turned up as a possible problem. It also occurred after flying into LA and I'm told that the scanners can sometimes cause this.

I'm googling as we speak but how is this a quick fix?
Ricky1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #3047
Ricky1231
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ricky1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,586
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkoboy View Post
No way you will get it back by then.

I sold a CFB and one of the push buttons fell off. I'm about 20 minutes from the place in Dayton Ohio AND my uncle freakin works there and its been in for about 3 weeks. They did have to order a part from Switzerland but they take their sweet ass time.

You are probably much better off just paying a local watchmaker to take a look at it.

For insurance, look into http://www.parcelpro.com/
ty for the link, I'll have a look.

I was told that I would void the warranty by taking it in to someone else. Maybe I'll take it down to someone to check for magnetism.
Ricky1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #3048
burkoboy
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ENN WHYY SEE
Posts: 2,160
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky1231 View Post
ty for the link, I'll have a look.

I was told that I would void the warranty by taking it in to someone else. Maybe I'll take it down to someone to check for magnetism.
How much longer is it under warranty? Like if theres only a few months left it might be worth it for you to just get it fixed by someone else.

They will still fix it after that it just wont be free of charge.

Plus, since nothing is actually wrong with it mechanically and they won't be messing with the insides then they might not even know it was messed with
burkoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #3049
cxbxax
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 284
Re: Let's Talk Watches

if the AD or jeweler has the tool it's a simple procedure that takes about 15-20 seconds. watch is not going to be opened so warranty is not going to be voided. i wouldn't send it away for 3-4 weeks if it's just the magnetized problem.

1. check for local watchmakers around your area
2. tell them you think ur watch is magnetized
3. ...
4. profit
cxbxax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #3050
icepick
old hand
 
icepick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,746
Re: Let's Talk Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick View Post
Picked up one of these the other day with birthday gift certificates:



Nothing special, but I need a digital for running and the gym.
Returned. Can't stand the hands blocking the digital readout. ****s with me reading my split times.

Might get a Mudman atomic instead.
icepick is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online