Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > No Limit Hold'em > Micro Stakes Full Ring

Notices

Micro Stakes Full Ring Discussion of up to .25/.50 online no-limit pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #841
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 333
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Moved up to 25NL in mid November and here are my stats. Overall, I feel that I've played ok though I do definitely want to improve and move up to 50NL asap. Played some 50NL last night so that I can make platinum on time and still be able to watch Dexter and had a decent session making 3buyins. Im still a little underolled for NL50 so I think I will grind 25NL for December.

I realize that my stats are a little bit on the nitty side but I am 20 tabling.
Any suggestions on what I should be focusing on to improve here would be great. I'd really like to run at 10BB/100 for december - I think it's doable.

JediMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #842
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 76
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpocalypse View Post

Post your positional stats and we'll have a look at those too.
Thanks for the review, I have been attempting to steal with almost ATC, so i probably need to slow that down. By looking at these position stats it is probably is why my Button is not my most profitable position. Also by looking at these stats below i can tell my CCPF is too high.

Limperschmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 AM   #843
adept
 
Fishpocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Teresa
Posts: 949
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limperschmit View Post
Thanks for the review, I have been attempting to steal with almost ATC, so i probably need to slow that down. By looking at these position stats it is probably is why my Button is not my most profitable position. Also by looking at these stats below i can tell my CCPF is too high.

You are correct in thinking that attempting to steal with any two isn't correct in nearly all circumstances at these limits. The BTN and CO should be the most profitable for someone playing your style. But, because of the sample size not being a decent size, that might not be showing up yet.
Fishpocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #844
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMethod View Post
Moved up to 25NL in mid November and here are my stats. Overall, I feel that I've played ok though I do definitely want to improve and move up to 50NL asap. Played some 50NL last night so that I can make platinum on time and still be able to watch Dexter and had a decent session making 3buyins. Im still a little underolled for NL50 so I think I will grind 25NL for December.

I realize that my stats are a little bit on the nitty side but I am 20 tabling.
Any suggestions on what I should be focusing on to improve here would be great. I'd really like to run at 10BB/100 for december - I think it's doable.
Looks good. The one problem you have is play out of the BB; you're hemorrhaging money. You should review these hands. Maybe you've been dealt alot of coolers/bad beats and the stats aren't representative. The standards are around -.2/-.1 losses out of the BB/SB.

You can loosen up a bit in LP as well and get your ATS up. Most of the money we win is from the cutoff/HJ/BTN. You want to playing as many hands as you can from these positions.

Be careful about setting winrate goals. Many players get frustrated when they don't reach their goals and start tilting/playing bad. Short term wr's are greatly affected by luck.
Rusty Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #845
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limperschmit View Post
Thanks for the review, I have been attempting to steal with almost ATC, so i probably need to slow that down. By looking at these position stats it is probably is why my Button is not my most profitable position. Also by looking at these stats below i can tell my CCPF is too high.

Your CCPF is definitely too high from EP. When playing from EP you're giving your opponents the advantage of position, which is huge. Charge them for that advantage by raising rather than limping. You limp/call too much.
Rusty Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #846
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 333
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
Looks good. The one problem you have is play out of the BB; you're hemorrhaging money. You should review these hands. Maybe you've been dealt alot of coolers/bad beats and the stats aren't representative. The standards are around -.2/-.1 losses out of the BB/SB.

You can loosen up a bit in LP as well and get your ATS up. Most of the money we win is from the cutoff/HJ/BTN. You want to playing as many hands as you can from these positions.

Be careful about setting winrate goals. Many players get frustrated when they don't reach their goals and start tilting/playing bad. Short term wr's are greatly affected by luck.

Thanks for the input. I thought my play from the blinds wasnt too bad, I had no idea that -.2 was the norm. That's a lot to make up for considering you're forced to put a full blind in every hand which means you'd have to making up an average of .8 per hand no? I'm not going to argue that there's room for improvement there but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I am always looking for good situations to resteal from SB and BB preflop, and I do punish the SB for limping in to me a lot. A lot of times in multiway unraised pots i find myself staring down at something like T7o with top pair no kicker on a drawy board and I just feel like c/f is often the best line to take because people peel so much on the flop since a pot sized bet is so small which induces everybody to come along as well so T7 usually doesnt hold up much in those situations.

I do want to get my vpip up in LP and am trying to steal and iso more with weaker hands but right sometimes it's hard to do that because of so much other action on other tables. Dropping tables might increase my winrate but I dunno about my hourly rate, not to mention less tables means less Fpp's.

Another thing I've noticed is my aggression factor seems a little high especially on the flop. Over the last month I've improved on the turn a lot by cbetting less flops and therefore showing aggression more often on the turn, but I think I need to fit more floating in on the flop as that seems to be working for me.

I also cold call very little and was wondering if it's ok to be cold calling more in position with suited aces. I already cold call a lot with suited connectors and pp's but small suited aces are so easily dominated.
JediMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #847
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Jedi, Mpeth wrote an excellent piece on blind play ITT (somewhere around post #470(?)). In it he outlines how to improve your results from the blinds.

Cold calling is a matter of style. Some players prefer to play pots in position and try to outplay players postflop. Others prefer to keep the pressure on and 3bet more. You certainly don't c-call very much and may want to experiment with it a bit.

I would encourage you to ignore your hourly rate right now and instead focus on improving. I'm assuming that you're planning on moving up. You have alot more to gain by getting to the next level than fpps or a few extra tables can offer you.
Rusty Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #848
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 333
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
Jedi, Mpeth wrote an excellent piece on blind play ITT (somewhere around post #470(?)). In it he outlines how to improve your results from the blinds.

Cold calling is a matter of style. Some players prefer to play pots in position and try to outplay players postflop. Others prefer to keep the pressure on and 3bet more. You certainly don't c-call very much and may want to experiment with it a bit.

I would encourage you to ignore your hourly rate right now and instead focus on improving. I'm assuming that you're planning on moving up. You have alot more to gain by getting to the next level than fpps or a few extra tables can offer you.
Sorry I dont know what ITT is, can you please unabbreviate that for me? Sounds like a good read.

I want to 3bet more and cold call more I guess, but I think these things take time to work into your game. I know what you're saying about focusing on quality of play over hourly rate but most of my income this year has been from poker so I'm trying to get in as many hands as I can and doing session reviews, reading 2+2 when I'm too tired to play. It might slow me down from moving up but its getting my bills paid and keeping the risk low.
JediMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #849
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

ITT= In This Thread
Rusty Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #850
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 333
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
ITT= In This Thread
Gotcha. So many acronyms to learn around here.

While you're at it can you translate LDO and QFT?
I seem them a lot and have no idea lol.
JediMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #851
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusty Nails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Enjoying diaryofapokerlplayer.net
Posts: 6,373
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

ldo = like, duh obviously
QFT = quote for truth

This site may help you out. http://www.urbandictionary.com/
Rusty Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #852
Pooh-Bah
 
pele02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Folding the nuts to a raise
Posts: 4,531
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMethod View Post
Gotcha. So many acronyms to learn around here.

While you're at it can you translate LDO and QFT?
I seem them a lot and have no idea lol.
http://www.twoplustwo.com/acronyms.php

http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...Number=5988672

Quote:
Jedi, Mpeth wrote an excellent piece on blind play ITT (somewhere around post #470(?)). In it he outlines how to improve your results from the blinds.
Is this the post you are looking for Rusty?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=489

Edit: The FAQ is your friend Jedi
pele02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #853
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1st world obv
Posts: 2,961
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Dont know if there is already stuff on this but what are good cbet and steal success rates at 50NL?
alex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #854
adept
 
Fishpocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Teresa
Posts: 949
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex23 View Post
Dont know if there is already stuff on this but what are good cbet and steal success rates at 50NL?
Look at how often you cbet vs. your average % of the pot that you cbet vs. your success to see if you are showing an immediate profit.

So something like you cbet 1/2 pot...if you are successful 33% of the time you break even.


Steal success is a little different. I think you need to set up some filters to see where stealing is and isnt profitable for you. You might not be seeing an immediate profit, but you could be making money later on in the hand. It also helps you get paid when you do show up with a monster.
Fishpocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #855
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 65
Re: **** Official Stats and Graphs Analysis Thread ****

trying to post actual charts, but seems like I can only post links.

I'd appreciate any feedback on my terrible month...

http://http://cid-f6dd6f7363115a55.s...Statistics.csv

http://http://cid-f6dd6f7363115a55.s...%20Summary.csv
Davy Light is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive