Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro Stakes Full Ring Discussion of up to .25/.50 online no-limit pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Club #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Vid Link

ran ~15/12/6.

goin thru some different bet sizing things. i kno the commentary is kinda lame...but not many great spots for awesome convo

enjoy, and as always...plz give all the feedback u wish

(need the TSCC codec...assuming you dont already have it)
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
hurt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,148
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

i like your videos a lot
hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
I vi ii V7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
I vi ii V7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aiming for 100% fold to 3b
Posts: 9,998
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

I am liking this so far.

Links to other vids?
I vi ii V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
checkmate36
Pooh-Bah
 
checkmate36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: This is not a gambling website
Posts: 5,114
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Downloading now.

Thanks for putting this together.
checkmate36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
FlushThunder
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,125
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

downloading, thanks
FlushThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by I vi ii V7 View Post
I am liking this so far.

Links to other vids?
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/video-archive-thread-1715/

this thread has most of my vids linked in it (thread that links to other threads...i kno...im lazy this morning =) ). u can comment on old vids as well if u want...im always open for criticism


http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=138159

an this is the latest vid i posted (sometime earllier this year).

enjoy!
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
FlushThunder
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,125
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Well i finished watching and in my opinion your raising amounts are very exploitable and also cbet sizes are terrible especially in a hand where you bet so smell that he called and rivered his flush. seriously why raising to 2BB in CO with 10-10? i can call with any garbage in BB and outdraw you.

I am not saying i am a perfect player myself, just a 10NL donk, but after watching Johnny Everypot's videos i see huge difference in perspective between two 100NL grinders so its really put me in question how to adjust at the higher levels.
FlushThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
speedle
2008 uFR HU4LOLZ Champ
 
speedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,941
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushThunder View Post
Well i finished watching and in my opinion your raising amounts are very exploitable and also cbet sizes are terrible especially in a hand where you bet so smell that he called and rivered his flush. seriously why raising to 2BB in CO with 10-10? i can call with any garbage in BB and outdraw you.
Range balancing?

Also, you call with "any garbage" OOP vs a decent postflop player? Yeah, you will definitely have to outdraw him in order to justify it.
speedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
AndyPandy23
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

What does running "Spot dead" mean ?

Last edited by AndyPandy23; 06-01-2008 at 02:17 PM.
AndyPandy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
I vi ii V7
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
I vi ii V7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aiming for 100% fold to 3b
Posts: 9,998
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy23 View Post
What does running "Spot dead" mean ?
I assume it means you're getting good playable hands, but the flops and action tell you you're not going to make money with it.
I vi ii V7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

runnin spot dead is one of the worst ways to run in FR...

it means ur not hittin draws in spots/hands where u wud make bigger money
ur not hittin 56s type hands v. solidified ranges where implied odds are maxxed out
ur hittin sets, but when ppl have AK on the Q72 board

that kinda stuff...
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushThunder View Post
Well i finished watching and in my opinion your raising amounts are very exploitable and also cbet sizes are terrible especially in a hand where you bet so smell that he called and rivered his flush. seriously why raising to 2BB in CO with 10-10? i can call with any garbage in BB and outdraw you.

I am not saying i am a perfect player myself, just a 10NL donk, but after watching Johnny Everypot's videos i see huge difference in perspective between two 100NL grinders so its really put me in question how to adjust at the higher levels.
1.) thnk u for makin comment on my betsizing stuff. its sumtin im puttin time into, so more than willing to talk about it
2.) in the hand where he rivered his flush, he still made a -EV call on the turn (gettin ~3:1 when he needed 4:1). so i still have my sklansky bucks in my pocket
3.) feel free to outdraw me. but heres my question...how are u gonna win a huge pot against me OOP? (i dont mean that as a cocky question...but i can hand read at least a lil, and i dont think u saw me bloat 1 pot in a spot where i didnt have full control over range and pot size)
4.) there are 101 ways to beat 100nl. JE plays very differently than i do...but we both beat the game.
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #13
MrBump
WINNING
 
MrBump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TOP DOWN CHROME SPINNING
Posts: 6,021
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Suit View Post
Vid Link

ran ~15/12/6.

goin thru some different bet sizing things. i kno the commentary is kinda lame...but not many great spots for awesome convo

enjoy, and as always...plz give all the feedback u wish

(need the TSCC codec...assuming you dont already have it)
Thanks a lot for posting this. I think you are a good player but I got the impression you are playing very scared.

In your commentary, you mention you like cold-calling in position with hands that flop well like suited connecters, connecters, suited one-gappers etc. In other words, hands that have big implied odds if you hit. I totally agree with you, but in the video, I saw you fold in these kind of situations several times .. ?! One time, there was a 3xBB raise in ep and a call. You had SC's on the button and instafolded

Also, I felt you could have stolen the blinds a bit more. I agree with not doing it every orbit, but you open folded Axo on the button in one spot saying that the hand was too weak. You have the position here, so your hand is pretty irrelevant.

I also agree with the above comments regarding your bet-sizing. I feel you're overthinking this a bit My experience with c-betting at these levels is that anything less than 2/3 pot doesn't get taken seriously and will result in an unwanted call or raise.
MrBump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
*Split*
See my coaching listing
 
*Split*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: making videos
Posts: 9,261
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

thnk u for calling me a good player...

no...i dont play scared. im not 100% sure how im giving this impression...but if u'd like to go into further detail, im all ears.

yea...i dont kno why i folded that 76s. ppl in Small-High FR are commenting on that same spot...and i still dont kno why i folded. prolly a combo of talking while recording (which is kind of distracting to say the least), and a brain spasm.

i disagree that hand value is irrelevant in blind-stealing situations. although, that is very against my reasoning of folding A3o and stealing 65o. i guess i really mean playability. of course ur hand doesnt matter when ur stealing against 2 nits that never defend light, and never give postflop issues. against them, u can steal with a joker and a napkin. however, against the rest of the 100nl average bunch, id prefer sumtin that has some postflop value if im stealing, esp if im stealing often. this means 65o, J8s, 86o...etc. also, ive said before i shy away from A3o, and hands of like, because i have a hard time postflop with them. but rly its only Ax's and Kx's that i shy away from, Qx is a very different hand, and thus ill steal with it (this prolly doesnt make much sense...but given playstyle and postflop ability, its +EV for me to fold the A3o type hands)

i figure quite a few ppl will not like my betsizing...in fact, thru doin this vid and gettin reactions on it, ive started being much more variable, even with my good hands (going 3bb-3.5bb with AA/KK last night, and so on...). also, in doin this smaller CB, u have to b prepared to do it with ur bigger hands as well. against fish of course, it doesnt matter. ur sizing is irrelevant as they dont even pay attention to bet sizing unless its a shove or minbet. on the other hand, regs tend to notice bet sizing more carefully, and being a tad more standardized against them is a better idea. ill give the experiment another 25K before i decide what i wanna do with it (altho im constantly tweaking it anyway)...the major thing about the sizing is this...it allows me to play small-ball when i want to. because im controlling the pot, i manipulate the size. of course, the argument shud b made that i cannot make "home-run pots" as often...altho this is tru, i also dont get stackd all that often. also, i consider my style very condusive to pot manipulation, both in value and size. and thats a major reason why im workin this style out for a bit.

thnk u for the comments, sry for the long post
*Split* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
MrBump
WINNING
 
MrBump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TOP DOWN CHROME SPINNING
Posts: 6,021
Re: #-# 100NL Vid - 2008 v.2 #-#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Suit View Post
thnk u for calling me a good player...

no...i dont play scared. im not 100% sure how im giving this impression...but if u'd like to go into further detail, im all ears.

yea...i dont kno why i folded that 76s. ppl in Small-High FR are commenting on that same spot...and i still dont kno why i folded. prolly a combo of talking while recording (which is kind of distracting to say the least), and a brain spasm.

i disagree that hand value is irrelevant in blind-stealing situations. although, that is very against my reasoning of folding A3o and stealing 65o. i guess i really mean playability. of course ur hand doesnt matter when ur stealing against 2 nits that never defend light, and never give postflop issues. against them, u can steal with a joker and a napkin. however, against the rest of the 100nl average bunch, id prefer sumtin that has some postflop value if im stealing, esp if im stealing often. this means 65o, J8s, 86o...etc. also, ive said before i shy away from A3o, and hands of like, because i have a hard time postflop with them. but rly its only Ax's and Kx's that i shy away from, Qx is a very different hand, and thus ill steal with it (this prolly doesnt make much sense...but given playstyle and postflop ability, its +EV for me to fold the A3o type hands)

i figure quite a few ppl will not like my betsizing...in fact, thru doin this vid and gettin reactions on it, ive started being much more variable, even with my good hands (going 3bb-3.5bb with AA/KK last night, and so on...). also, in doin this smaller CB, u have to b prepared to do it with ur bigger hands as well. against fish of course, it doesnt matter. ur sizing is irrelevant as they dont even pay attention to bet sizing unless its a shove or minbet. on the other hand, regs tend to notice bet sizing more carefully, and being a tad more standardized against them is a better idea. ill give the experiment another 25K before i decide what i wanna do with it (altho im constantly tweaking it anyway)...the major thing about the sizing is this...it allows me to play small-ball when i want to. because im controlling the pot, i manipulate the size. of course, the argument shud b made that i cannot make "home-run pots" as often...altho this is tru, i also dont get stackd all that often. also, i consider my style very condusive to pot manipulation, both in value and size. and thats a major reason why im workin this style out for a bit.

thnk u for the comments, sry for the long post
Thanks for your comments

What I *did* like about the funky bet-sizing was the smaller preflop raise vs the shortstackers, allowing you to get away from the hand if you so wish as a post to overdoing it and therefore pricing yourself in where you have to call.


I liked the way you played your AKo hand on table 2 at 34:50 I think I would have played scared there and found a fold, but your reasoning made a lot of sense.

GL
MrBump is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online