Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Full Ring Discussion of up to 1/2 online no-limit pot-limit Texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
Puma1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 211
50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Do I ever consider betting the turn here and what do I do when he bets pretty big here, calling seams questionable c/r too...?

PokerStars - €0.50 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 135.24 BB (VPIP: 22.85, PFR: 15.54, 3Bet Preflop: 5.90, Hands: 2,166)
MP: 124.46 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
Hero (MP+1): 100.88 BB
CO: 102.76 BB (VPIP: 26.44, PFR: 18.89, 3Bet Preflop: 5.95, Hands: 456)
BTN: 112.28 BB (VPIP: 17.52, PFR: 12.06, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 819)
SB: 101.26 BB (VPIP: 49.25, PFR: 22.39, 3Bet Preflop: 11.54, Hands: 69)
BB: 29.5 BB (VPIP: 22.20, PFR: 16.82, 3Bet Preflop: 7.56, Hands: 2,084)
UTG: 164.56 BB (VPIP: 17.11, PFR: 10.09, 3Bet Preflop: 4.31, Hands: 5,053)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (13 BB, 4 players) 8 7 5
SB checks, Hero bets 6.5 BB, CO calls 6.5 BB, BTN calls 6.5 BB, fold

Turn: (32.5 BB, 3 players) 3
Hero checks, CO bets 22 BB, fold, Hero?
Puma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
PoBoy321
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoBoy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 9,911
50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

So you're worried about 6/9, 6/4 or a set. First of all, I raise to 4 BB pf but that's small. Definitely bet pot on the flop instead of half and it makes your decisions elsewhere easier, but you're looking at 99+ here often enough that I come over the top on this turn.

I also lead out on this turn because this still has a lot of incomplete draws. If villain comes over the top we can drop, and if not we get more value.

I assume that because you are posting this your villain has 77/88, but if you had played it differently, you may have been in a better spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoBoy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
PoBoy321
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoBoy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 9,911
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

So let's assume that your villain has you on AK. With a continuation bet on the flop, and getting looked up, aren't you checking the turn? Wouldn't TT bet for value?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoBoy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
TonnaMunz
 
TonnaMunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Outdoors
Posts: 2,642
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

bet bigger or smaller on the flop with your ranges here imo. Play turns, possiblly fold many rivers, oop more likely to XC turns
TonnaMunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
Puma1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 211
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoBoy321 View Post
So you're worried about 6/9, 6/4 or a set. First of all, I raise to 4 BB pf but that's small. Definitely bet pot on the flop instead of half and it makes your decisions elsewhere easier, but you're looking at 99+ here often enough that I come over the top on this turn.

I also lead out on this turn because this still has a lot of incomplete draws. If villain comes over the top we can drop, and if not we get more value.

I assume that because you are posting this your villain has 77/88, but if you had played it differently, you may have been in a better spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do I do if i lead the turn board pairs on the river and i C and he leads for 1/2 the pot? I actually ended up folding the turn as this villain seamed too tight to be doing this with one pair/draw maybe a mistake.
Puma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
PoBoy321
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoBoy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 9,911
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma1 View Post
What do I do if i lead the turn board pairs on the river and i C and he leads for 1/2 the pot? I actually ended up folding the turn as this villain seamed too tight to be doing this with one pair/draw maybe a mistake.


I would have no reason to believe that the board pairing on the river would decrease our equity. If it paired, I would x, hoping to induce a bluff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoBoy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
Puma1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 211
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoBoy321 View Post
I would have no reason to believe that the board pairing on the river would decrease our equity. If it paired, I would x, hoping to induce a bluff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but its a 4way pot strong hand are very likely than again do you feel villains will three barell when its obvious u rep an overpair? Is this just a mandatory call on the river if board pairs?
Puma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
PoBoy321
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoBoy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 9,911
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma1 View Post
True but its a 4way pot strong hand are very likely than again do you feel villains will three barell when its obvious u rep an overpair? Is this just a mandatory call on the river if board pairs?


If the board pairs, it only changes the hand in that it he goes from a better hand to a much better hand. In fact, depending on the card that pairs, it could counterfeit some of his two pair hands, strengthening your position.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoBoy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
Puma1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 211
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoBoy321 View Post
If the board pairs, it only changes the hand in that it he goes from a better hand to a much better hand. In fact, depending on the card that pairs, it could counterfeit some of his two pair hands, strengthening your position.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I understand this but more metagame wise, do you feel he is bluffing enough here if he bets the river?
Puma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #10
PoBoy321
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoBoy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 9,911
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma1 View Post
Yes I understand this but more metagame wise, do you feel he is bluffing enough here if he bets the river?


It's situation dependent. Does the 3 pair? Or does the 8? Again, he could be overvaluing lesser overpairs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoBoy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
Puma1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 211
Re: 50NL AA on a draw heavy board turn decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoBoy321 View Post
It's situation dependent. Does the 3 pair? Or does the 8? Again, he could be overvaluing lesser overpairs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see thank you.
Puma1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online