Probably a geological formation, but hardly a UFO. It says the diver Stefan Hogeborn that on four occasions been down to the peculiar formation of the Baltic Sea.
11 June 2011 there appeared an unusual formation of the sonar to a ship looking for sunken wrecks. The image has since come to be published in newspapers and on Internet sites worldwide.
Speculation has been wild. Everything from secret weapons of World War II to the crashed spaceship or meteorites. Only now are facts that can skringra mystique.
Diving were down to 87 meters deep has been difficult. The cold water has meant that divers could not stay down on the ground more than 20 minutes at a time. The area that they would seek to have also been great, almost 60 times 60 meters, and the water was turbid with a term of between one to two meters. In addition, the divers had to wait 24 hours between each dive before they could go down again.
- But what we saw down there was like nothing we've seen before. In fact, we left there with more questions than answers, says diver Stefan Hogeborn to DN.se.
Stefan Hogeborn describes the place as the top of a small hill where the circular formation on the edge. Up to the mountain leads a multi-mile long cleft reminiscent of a fault line. As if two mountains has settled on lot.
- The first thing I was struck by when we came down was that this area is not comprised of ordinary granite, it looked more like molded cement. When we examined it more closely and began to take in the stone was black as lava, Stefan Hogeborn.
- A bit strange was also an area of rocks that lay in circular formations on the edge of the circle, it was like four or five pearl necklace with stones, each a few inches in diameter. They did not seem to be there by chance.
The very edge of the formation describes Stefan Hogeborn that round with a nice edge but with sharper projections on the inside. These committees, which he compares the burrs that are left after you cast tin soldiers, was about four inches long and very hard. In order to release some of them forced the divers to use a sledgehammer.
In total, fifteen samples with up to be sent for analysis.
On this screen appears somewhat similar rectangular shapes. When the divers came up to them, they appeared to be several meters long stone blocks with channels between them.
- They seemed made of sandstone, but they broke off a piece, they appeared to be black inside.
According to Stefan Hogeborn chances are it is some kind of geological formation. Anything made by humans, or aliens, he does not believe in:
- We were looking for any signs that there could be an object made by man, but there was nothing to suggest it. And absolutely no metal.
- I know that many have speculated that there would be a UFO, but then those who placed it there hid it well or else "they" good at deforming the matter, said Stefan Hogeborn.
What would you guess that this is about?
- When we have looked at the area so is the circle at the end of a several-mile long ravine resembling a kontintalplatta put away. And perhaps it may be the result of a movement in the soil for a long time ago. When we were leaving the place we saw a small hole into the rock to the robot that has been down before us had ever seen. The hole was 1.5 to 2.5 decimeters in diameter (6-10 inches) but we never got to stay to explore it. Perhaps this might indicate some kind of volcanic activity, although it should not have been any where.
- But now it's up to geologists to give us a hint about what we should look for next time.