Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Student Life Discussion on student issues and life, both in and out of the classroom.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #101
Flyingbanana
veteran
 
Flyingbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,279
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam192 View Post
Ok well to give you a clear idea on what to do some questions must be answered. 1) Does she ever talked about her bf/ex bf. 2) Did she hang out with him on halloween or go to the parties with him. If the answer to both of those questions is "no" then chances are 85% that she does not have a bf. I think her coming over and chatting with you until you leave is definitely a sign of liking you. I think the whole asking while drinking this depends on you and her. Is she the type that likes for someone to come out and say "Look I like you, your amazing, etc, date me"? If so then no go on the drinking thing, just tell her when you guys are flirting one day. But if she is the type that well it really doesn't matter then yes go for the drinking thing. Make sure you have had only a half a drink or so. You want to come off sincer and genuine, because coming off sincer and genuine is the key to making it a success. Also make sure she is not plastered, you want to make sure she remembers lol. After the stage is set, make your move. Talk to her and wait for the moment. Now the moment...well you know after I explain it. When you start flirting and you get her to laugh and she pauses to take a breathe look at her straight in the eyes and then give her a big smile, and then boooom say your thing. If all goes well you will end the night making out and with the girl you want.

Also add some smooth remarks, you know. This is a crappy example but you will get the picture.
Her: I think I am going to go on a diet
You: Uhhhh why?
Her: I am getting fat
You: *laugh* are you serious? You are to perfect to be going on a diet

A thing to remember is girls like witty, funny, smooth, and nice guys. So it seems like you got the smooth, funny, and nice down. You just need the witty.
Thanks for the response
1) Her boyfriend goes to a nearby university about 30 minutes train ride away. She saw him about once a month in semester time last year. I've met him a few times and he's a cool guy, got on well with him. I actually went to a festival with both of them over the summer, just me and them two and some of his friends from home.
2) Nope, I haven't seen him once this semester so far, but I know that she did visit him once in the first week of this semester, as she owed him money for some university stuff as her student loan hadn't come through yet, she may have seen him since, but I don't know about those times.

Of course I'm not going to do anything when I/she am plastered That would probably end up badly. She's definitely the shy type so I think having one or two drinks would loosen both of us up.

The smooth remarks, I do them already, at the halloween thing she complained about how she always pouts in pictures because she hates her smile, ended up complementing on her smile and encouraging her to do it more. etc.
Flyingbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #102
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbanana View Post
Thanks for the response
1) Her boyfriend goes to a nearby university about 30 minutes train ride away. She saw him about once a month in semester time last year. I've met him a few times and he's a cool guy, got on well with him. I actually went to a festival with both of them over the summer, just me and them two and some of his friends from home.
2) Nope, I haven't seen him once this semester so far, but I know that she did visit him once in the first week of this semester, as she owed him money for some university stuff as her student loan hadn't come through yet, she may have seen him since, but I don't know about those times.

Of course I'm not going to do anything when I/she am plastered That would probably end up badly. She's definitely the shy type so I think having one or two drinks would loosen both of us up.

The smooth remarks, I do them already, at the halloween thing she complained about how she always pouts in pictures because she hates her smile, ended up complementing on her smile and encouraging her to do it more. etc.
Ok, well if she has only seen him once this semester because she owed him money and not out of missing him then I say you are good. Also how did she react when you said that about her smile? Did she laugh? Look away and chuckle? Did she make eye contact and smile like you lit up her night? Reactions while being smooth are key for making your next move. If she smiled, laughed, or put her hand on you then I say you are definitely good to go! But if you want to be absolutely sure, just pull the "So how are you and your bf doing?"

Also I know you said you do the smooth thing, but I have a tiny grain of wisdom to add. Make sure you hint to liking her for example

Her: so how are you and the ladies?
You: We are doing good. I have my eye on this one girl. *look at her and smile*

Her reaction her will definitely be a tell of wether she likes you or not. Also I don't condone it, but there are way of stealing her from her current bf in any situation. I like to play far, but all is far in love and war lol. So if you need help on that front ask away as well. I do suggest trying other methods first though.
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #103
Le Alexandre
adept
 
Le Alexandre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SWEDEN, EVER HEARD OF IT?
Posts: 756
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam192 View Post
Well if I was you I would reply back "haha did you not get my examples, or did you think they were sucked?". Its not a big deal, she was either being serious or funny. So just ask to find out. No real secret or smooth way to get your answer for this one. Sometimes with cell phones things like this are hard, because she might have sent the text before you actually sent yours, but it got delayed due to signal or connection between her phone to the tower. So also could have just not seen it and replied, trust me I know, but sometimes woman just don't understand that when their phone rings and their is an envelope that says text message on their phone that it means they have a new text. No sarcasm by the way I know girls like that.
Great advice thanks. Just one more quick. Do you still believe this even tho' I answered her last text w/ a "Sounds goods, will hit you up"-message.

Thanks again. Students are usually not this intricate for one, and two I usually play too much poker to care..
Le Alexandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #104
Flyingbanana
veteran
 
Flyingbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,279
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

I can't really remember how she reacted but was along the lines of her laughing and generally denying it but looking at me at the same time. It definitely wasn't badly received.

Hm, interesting example, is that pretty standard? That seems a bit too obvious at first glance. Or is that what I want? To be bold and put my intentions out in the open?

I don't want to steal anyone away from a boyfriend. Thats a bit too below the belt for me.

Might have to post a trip report sometime then
Flyingbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #105
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Alexandre View Post
Great advice thanks. Just one more quick. Do you still believe this even tho' I answered her last text w/ a "Sounds goods, will hit you up"-message.

Thanks again. Students are usually not this intricate for one, and two I usually play too much poker to care..
Yes, I still do. Situations are not always clear, many different thing could possibly happen. So you have to keep yourself open to different outcomes. I say text her tomorrow and ask her to do something.
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #106
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbanana View Post
I can't really remember how she reacted but was along the lines of her laughing and generally denying it but looking at me at the same time. It definitely wasn't badly received.

Hm, interesting example, is that pretty standard? That seems a bit too obvious at first glance. Or is that what I want? To be bold and put my intentions out in the open?

I don't want to steal anyone away from a boyfriend. Thats a bit too below the belt for me.

Might have to post a trip report sometime then
Ok, well if she was laughing and generally denying that is a good sign. I do not think it is a standar play. By standard I mean the average guy. Its only obvious if you let be obvious. You can just say it, look at her and smile and then move on with the conversation. Throwing it out there like that will cause her to stop and think, whether she thinks about it for a few seconds or all day. I do not think this a very bold move, depending on how its used it can be the most subtle thing you ever do. Being bold would be to say that line and then ask her the very next sentence lol. I think by saying stuff like that, it will help you because of a few things. She will get used to laughing with you and having you say witty things and making her laugh/smile. That way when she is around other guys she will realize how much more funny, smarter, and all around better you are. Also by flirting with her little by little she will open up and flirt with you more and more and think about you more and more until wham bam thank you mam, she is all yours.

Since he is a nice guy girlfriend stealing isn't the best choice, but is some cases it is needed.
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #107
Le Alexandre
adept
 
Le Alexandre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SWEDEN, EVER HEARD OF IT?
Posts: 756
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam192 View Post
Yes, I still do. Situations are not always clear, many different thing could possibly happen. So you have to keep yourself open to different outcomes. I say text her tomorrow and ask her to do something.
Ya that sounds good. I actually initially thought about taking the day off since I don't think anyone thinks it's particularly pleasant to have anyone you just met start contacting you every day/moment w/o break etc.
Le Alexandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #108
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Alexandre View Post
Ya that sounds good. I actually initially thought about taking the day off since I don't think anyone thinks it's particularly pleasant to have anyone you just met start contacting you every day/moment w/o break etc.
Yeah you don't want to come off needy, or stalkerish
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #109
TurnUpTheSun
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TurnUpTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan FC for life
Posts: 9,757
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

update:
class today, very little eye contact, body language, etc.
i left immediately after class.
she apparently walks very fast and passed me during the walk, neither said a word.
fml.
TurnUpTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #110
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

le alex... you are good. just ask her to do something, no need to panic here.

flyingbanana... while i agree with the majority of things that bambam is saying, i dont like his line making it so obvious like that. i think that would come off a little creepy, especially if she doesnt reciprocate. a line like that (so obvious) basically puts it out there but at the same time it isnt 100% in the open and i feel like that could lead to awkwardness. if she is in to you she could misinterpret that you meant her, or if she isnt in to you she could realize what you did and then feel awkward.

i think a better line would be to try and get her isolated and 1 on 1 and playfully and casually make physical contact, whether it be putting your hand on her hip while talking, grabbing her hand while making a joke (i dont mean like holding her hand, i mean like "no you have a great smile" *grab hand while saying it and release*), etc. given your situation i find her hard to read and she may be apprehensive about the BF thing, so you need to let her know he doesnt matter and its just you now.
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #111
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheSun View Post
update:
class today, very little eye contact, body language, etc.
i left immediately after class.
she apparently walks very fast and passed me during the walk, neither said a word.
fml.
wow... that just seems weird in general, even if you were just friends. im not even sure how to read that. maybe she is having a bad day or something and just wasnt in the mood to talk?

the way i see it you have a couple choices here that i will list below:
1. ignore it. dont let it bug you, you arent dating, shrug it off. maybe she was **** testing you to see what your reaction was gonna be.
2. text her sometime this afternoon saying like "lol did you walk past me today?" and see her response to that. hopefully its something like "yeah sorry i was in a hurry i needed to do X thing" or "no i dont think so?" and you can reply accordingly
3. just ride it out through the day and then re initiate after class on wednesday as you have been doing and try to read her
4. maybe she read your leaving as you being mad at her for some reason which made her mad/frustrated

4, while it seems like a bad thing, is a good thing because that means she is into you. i think option 2 is probably the worst one as that comes off a little desperate, but i dont mind it either as long as you play your cards right. number 3 is probably the best reaction, number 1 is similar except that you would force her to initiate.

like i said, i just find it odd in general. especially if you guys are usually walking together after class. thats just a weird thing for a person to do, and it sounded like she was into you. im betting she just had an off day or didnt see you, or option 4. if you dont go the option 2 route, then definitely dont initiate anything today and see what happens tomorrow.
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #112
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheSun View Post
update:
class today, very little eye contact, body language, etc.
i left immediately after class.
she apparently walks very fast and passed me during the walk, neither said a word.
fml.
She could have been having a bad day or you are screwed. Play it by ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
le alex... you are good. just ask her to do something, no need to panic here.

flyingbanana... while i agree with the majority of things that bambam is saying, i dont like his line making it so obvious like that. i think that would come off a little creepy, especially if she doesnt reciprocate. a line like that (so obvious) basically puts it out there but at the same time it isnt 100% in the open and i feel like that could lead to awkwardness. if she is in to you she could misinterpret that you meant her, or if she isnt in to you she could realize what you did and then feel awkward.

i think a better line would be to try and get her isolated and 1 on 1 and playfully and casually make physical contact, whether it be putting your hand on her hip while talking, grabbing her hand while making a joke (i dont mean like holding her hand, i mean like "no you have a great smile" *grab hand while saying it and release*), etc. given your situation i find her hard to read and she may be apprehensive about the BF thing, so you need to let her know he doesnt matter and its just you now.
Agreed with some points. I should have pointed out. You need to know exactly what you are doing when using that line and understand the risk and gains. Good advice
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #113
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
2. text her sometime this afternoon saying like "lol did you walk past me today?"
Instead of that I would suggest saying "Hey is everything ok you seemed upset today?"

Last edited by BamBam192; 11-02-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: f you ubbc
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #114
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

^like
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #115
TurnUpTheSun
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TurnUpTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan FC for life
Posts: 9,757
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
4. maybe she read your leaving as you being mad at her for some reason which made her mad/frustrated
i want to believe its this. cause i did notice her looking over at me during class, but i just sat there with my hood up with a blank expression on my face. however, im scared i might have overdone it and made it seem like im mad about the whole bar thing, which not only isnt true, but would look like im a psycho. i did ask her a question during class to break the ice, and that went well. but besides that, didnt say a word or look over.

then after class i immediately left (and chatted a little with another girl on the way out lol).
theres no way she didnt see me, cause when we were walking back, i almost got ran over by a wheelchair. it was this tiny asian chick in a motorized wheelchair and was hilarious so naturally i looked behind me to see if anyone saw it, and i saw her, blank expression, not even sure if she noticed me to be honest.

was thinking about sending a "cute" text like "i like that class a lot more when you smile".
thoughts?
TurnUpTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #116
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

i wouldnt do that, because then you are putting yourself on the chase side again when optimally you want her to want you (if that makes sense?).

i like bambam's line if you wanna go the route where you text her. also overdoing it is not a bad thing if she thinks you are mad she is only gonna stew over it more and more and try to remedy the situation by trying to please you.
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #117
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

^^^ like

Also I would say that your mind is going to good places if you are thinking of lines like that. Just keep those in the vault and use when needed, or during specific situations. I think going the caring route is best for the moment
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #118
TurnUpTheSun
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TurnUpTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan FC for life
Posts: 9,757
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

saying "is everything ok" isnt too desperate, creepy, strong?
TurnUpTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #119
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

yeah thats a good line but doesnt fit in the context of the play you made
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #120
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

id literally say "looked like you were upset today... anything wrong/whats up/everything alright?"
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #121
TurnUpTheSun
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TurnUpTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan FC for life
Posts: 9,757
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

might go with
"just took the best nap everr. are you feeling alright today, you seemed kinda out of it in class"
using nap line so she gets the idea i was silent in class cause of tiredness.
TurnUpTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #122
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheSun View Post
saying "is everything ok" isnt too desperate, creepy, strong?
No, saying it like Yeota suggested

"looked like you were upset today... anything wrong/whats up/everything alright?"

is definitely the right play here. Plus it will score you points or your money back.
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #123
BamBam192
adept
 
BamBam192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 964
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheSun View Post
might go with
"just took the best nap everr. are you feeling alright today, you seemed kinda out of it in class"
using nap line so she gets the idea i was silent in class cause of tiredness.
If you are going to use that line change the wording

"just took the best nap ever. Were you feeling alright today, you seemed upset?"
BamBam192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #124
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 21,962
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnUpTheSun View Post
might go with
"just took the best nap everr. are you feeling alright today, you seemed kinda out of it in class"
using nap line so she gets the idea i was silent in class cause of tiredness.
id say no to the nap thing. you dont want her to think you were quiet from tiredness. you want her to think you were quiet because shes not a big deal to you even though she is.

think about what is going through your head just because she walked by you today and didnt say anything. all you can think about is why/what/how did that happen? what can i do to fix it? etc. now flip that on her she is probably wondering the same thing. thats what you want. you can get the idea across that you still care without throwing in the nap thing.
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #125
TurnUpTheSun
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TurnUpTheSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan FC for life
Posts: 9,757
Re: SL "Ask Out A Girl" Thread

good point. going to class now, will update when im back.
thanks.
TurnUpTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online