Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Tournament Poker > MTTc - Live

Notices

MTTc - Live Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #61
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: England
Posts: 556
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
Looking into it now
Any response yet?
CurryLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #62
grinder
 
birs320's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: birsland
Posts: 668
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Hi Matt,

Just heard that WPT Marrakech is going be organized this year again. I've cashed last year but lost a decent % of my winnings because the payouts were in MAD and the casino had a bad rate changing for EUR. (obv no other solution for the exchange, as the MAD has no value outside Marocco)

I would be happy to play this WPT again, so please let me know if there's any solution for not losing money on buyins / payouts.

Thanks
birs320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #63
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,880
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birs320 View Post
Hi Matt,

Just heard that WPT Marrakech is going be organized this year again. I've cashed last year but lost a decent % of my winnings because the payouts were in MAD and the casino had a bad rate changing for EUR. (obv no other solution for the exchange, as the MAD has no value outside Marocco)

I would be happy to play this WPT again, so please let me know if there's any solution for not losing money on buyins / payouts.

Thanks
I have sent an email on your behalf to the Es Saadi Casino.
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #64
grinder
 
birs320's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: birsland
Posts: 668
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
I have sent an email on your behalf to the Es Saadi Casino.
Thanks, can't wait to see their reply
birs320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #65
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 341
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryLover View Post
Any response yet?
BUMP
lildavefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #66
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,880
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronkincaid View Post
any comments about this post on Blonde saying the money withheld for the dealers wasn't given to them at London? Also tikay's post re organisation and juice?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=49621.0
Entry fees and staff/dealer tokes have never been the responsibility of the World Poker Tour and is set by the host casino. I am told that the additional 4% withheld was not ever promised to the dealers in London and that Simon has made comment in the Blonde Poker thread but I cannot seem to find it?

I was not in London and the Tournament Director was Jack McClelland.
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #67
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @Kevmath
Posts: 27,879
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
The quotes attributed to me in this post have no foundation in fact whatsoever. The OP can by all means contact me personally to discuss.

I am the person responsible for this event, including the WPT and Bellagio team contracts. The Bellagio team were responsible for 15 % attendance of the Field travelling from the US including P Ivey. No one can argue the attendances and cash action were less the disappointing, creating a significant loss to the Palm Beach. The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Lessons will be taken from this event, I made no agreements with any of my staff regarding deductions. For the benefit of any doubt this weekend the EPO buy in is 3.5k with 250 taken in fees, no other deductions.
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.p...767#msg1232767
Kevmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #68
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 39
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
Entry fees and staff/dealer tokes have never been the responsibility of the World Poker Tour and is set by the host casino. I am told that the additional 4% withheld was not ever promised to the dealers in London and that Simon has made comment in the Blonde Poker thread but I cannot seem to find it?

I was not in London and the Tournament Director was Jack McClelland.
Well, you seem far more comfortable giving opinions from the safety of this forum that acting professionally and returning phone calls made to your offices. If you wish to align yourself with the indefensible then by all means do. It clearly states on the schedule that 4% is taken for Poker Room Staff, there already stands a precedent for this type of payment.

I suggest you get a good grounding on who took the money and why as it seems that WTP staff were involved and I would think that if members of your staff were walking away from a tournament with a 34400 payment you would have a very precise understanding of why they did so. Saying that you know very little besides what you have garnered from websites shows you either have no control or understanding or that you are complicit in what may turn out to be a criminal act.

WTP has no idea why its' staff took payments? When are you next getting off a plane in England, just so I can notify the relevant authorities?
Darcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #69
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,306
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
Entry fees and staff/dealer tokes have never been the responsibility of the World Poker Tour and is set by the host casino. I am told that the additional 4% withheld was not ever promised to the dealers in London and that Simon has made comment in the Blonde Poker thread but I cannot seem to find it?

I was not in London and the Tournament Director was Jack McClelland.
The WPT has some oversight responsibility for what goes on its events. And one of the main issues regarding this situation is regarding the schedule which was hosted on the WPT website:

http://www.worldpokertour.com/Shared...r_Classic.aspx

One of the reasons I played this event and consider playing other WPT events overseas is my belief that the WPT will oversee what goes on. For example, I doubt anyone would travel to play an event in Marakkech if it didn't have the assurance of reliability that the WPT label implies.

On to the issue at hand, the first problem is the fact that 4% was taken out of the prizepool. If you look at the schedule on that link, two events had asterisks which denoted that a % of the prizepool would be withheld for staff. Those events did not have juice specifically denominated.

The WPT Main Event did not have an asterisk showing that a % of the prize pool would be withheld for staff. And juice was specifically denominated -- 5000+300, which as you know is quite high.

The only reasonable conclusion to be drawn from looking at that schedule is that additional money was not going to be taken out of the prizepool for staff. So not only was the withholding not disclosed beforehand (as far as I know, if it was I'm sure someone would have pointed that out by now), it was fairly clear that there was to be no withholding.

It really looks like the decision to withhold was made after the fact to satisfy the casino's obligation to the Bellagio tournament staff, which is totally unacceptable. Additionally, this withholding was unlike any other in that virtually none of it went to the dealers. Had this been disclosed beforehand I'm sure there would have been an uproar.

So at the very least I think this situation is in need of further explanation from Simon and everyone else involved. And I hope the WPT will be proactive in obtaining that explanation.
Todd Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #70
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,880
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcus View Post
Well, you seem far more comfortable giving opinions from the safety of this forum that acting professionally and returning phone calls made to your offices. If you wish to align yourself with the indefensible then by all means do. It clearly states on the schedule that 4% is taken for Poker Room Staff, there already stands a precedent for this type of payment.

I suggest you get a good grounding on who took the money and why as it seems that WTP staff were involved and I would think that if members of your staff were walking away from a tournament with a 34400 payment you would have a very precise understanding of why they did so. Saying that you know very little besides what you have garnered from websites shows you either have no control or understanding or that you are complicit in what may turn out to be a criminal act.

WTP has no idea why its' staff took payments? When are you next getting off a plane in England, just so I can notify the relevant authorities?
I personally had nothing to do with this event!

THE WPT staff had nothing to do with this and received no money from the prize pool at all.

Palm Beach Casino and Simon Tomsett made the decisions on what to do with the money and he made this statement on Blonde Poker.

The quotes attributed to me in this post have no foundation in fact whatsoever. The OP can by all means contact me personally to discuss.

I am the person responsible for this event, including the WPT and Bellagio team contracts. The Bellagio team were responsible for 15 % attendance of the Field travelling from the US including P Ivey. No one can argue the attendances and cash action were less the disappointing, creating a significant loss to the Palm Beach. The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Lessons will be taken from this event, I made no agreements with any of my staff regarding deductions. For the benefit of any doubt this weekend the EPO buy in is 3.5k with 250 taken in fees, no other deductions.
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #71
adept
 
lsaw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NL 6Max
Posts: 745
Thumbs down Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
I personally had nothing to do with this event!

THE WPT staff had nothing to do with this and received no money from the prize pool at all.

Palm Beach Casino and Simon Tomsett made the decisions on what to do with the money and he made this statement on Blonde Poker.

The quotes attributed to me in this post have no foundation in fact whatsoever. The OP can by all means contact me personally to discuss.

I am the person responsible for this event, including the WPT and Bellagio team contracts. The Bellagio team were responsible for 15 % attendance of the Field travelling from the US including P Ivey. No one can argue the attendances and cash action were less the disappointing, creating a significant loss to the Palm Beach. The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Lessons will be taken from this event, I made no agreements with any of my staff regarding deductions. For the benefit of any doubt this weekend the EPO buy in is 3.5k with 250 taken in fees, no other deductions.


So comparing rake elsewhere makes it ok to steal money on the sly?


30k isn't much after all......



Is it now our fault that the palm cant get good cash games going?
how are they better if the players are paying for world class players to come and play in them?!


how is any of this acceptable?



As Todd says if the WPT brand is on something it should stand for everything WPT has already done. Don't let incompetent morons run events for you and therefore lessen the name of the WPT pls.
lsaw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #72
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,880
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaw2 View Post
So comparing rake elsewhere makes it ok to steal money on the sly?


30k isn't much after all......



Is it now our fault that the palm cant get good cash games going?
how are they better if the players are paying for world class players to come and play in them?!


how is any of this acceptable?



As Todd says if the WPT brand is on something it should stand for everything WPT has already done. Don't let incompetent morons run events for you and therefore lessen the name of the WPT pls.
I agree with a lot of what you say here and am still trying to get better answers for all of you.
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #73
adept
 
lsaw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NL 6Max
Posts: 745
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say here and am still trying to get better answers for all of you.





Just come and run the tournies yourself, if not make more M Savages and spread them around the worlds casino floors pls.
lsaw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #74
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 39
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

I have just spoken to the WPT offices and after much obstruction and Angelica Hael, Director of Tour Management, decided to answer an awkward question by putting the phone down, I finally spoke to the legal department.

The WPT say they had only one representative at the event. All monies were handled by Palm Beach. Therefore it would be safe to assume that the WPT received none of the disputed monies, seeing as this is what they have said.

So where did the money go?

If the WPT haven't taken it, that only leaves Simon Tomsett.

So now you know, if you play a WPT event and money from the prizepool goes missing it's up to you to find it.

Personally, from my discussions today, it seems to me that the WPT is acting extremely naively over this matter. For them to have little or no knowledge about the events surrounding this issue is either incompetence or deceitful to say the least. As a Party Gaming shareholder, this reflects badly on the company and has a knock on effect of effecting future business that the WPT may embark upon in Europe. It now becomes a shareholder issue, especially if the WPT are seen to have dealt with this matter negligently.

As the money is officially missing, it is now a police matter.
Darcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #75
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @Kevmath
Posts: 27,879
Re: Discuss WPT details with Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage

In WPT events in the US, you know that a certain percentage of the prize pool is taken out for tournament staff/dealers/etc.
Kevmath is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive