Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTTc - Live Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #26
jonpollard
adept
 
jonpollard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 901
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces 518 View Post
Why not? That's definitely how it works in WSOP and WSOPC HORSE events. If it is by time, then you can just stall in the games you hate or are bad at.


Never played a mix tourney live I see why it's by hands now that just didn't sound right coming from an online background in mix games


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonpollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #27
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 497
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Soooo every level then?
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #28
busto23
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bucharest, San Diego, Rosarito
Posts: 2,916
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

The structure for the main wasn't in the original post. Here it is for whoever wants it

https://www.choctawcasinos.com/media...b_no_limit.pdf
busto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #29
michelle227
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 810
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiken_nick View Post
Soooo every level then?
On the mix games like HORSE, they usually keep eight chips in the rack and move one for each hand that is dealt for the game. When the eighth hand is over, stack moves and game changes.
michelle227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #30
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 497
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle227 View Post
On the mix games like HORSE, they usually keep eight chips in the rack and move one for each hand that is dealt for the game. When the eighth hand is over, stack moves and game changes.
Got ya, so eight hands then. Thank you.
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #31
blakep
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 35
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

The real question here is when is Choctaw going to get new tournament chips? Those yellows are beyond faded and the 100 and 5k are too close in color. They could splurge a little on some new ones.
blakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #32
callmejc
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Can Sommerfeld confirm the satties to the 1k main event are a no ante structure? No antes listed on the structure sheet, which I thought was strange.
callmejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #33
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,663
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejc View Post
Can Sommerfeld confirm the satties to the 1k main event are a no ante structure? No antes listed on the structure sheet, which I thought was strange.
It would be rare for Jimmy Sommerfeld to have antes in one of his sattys.
bigtex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #34
Tamakeri
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Dallas Love to Choctaw?

Ive never made the trip and wondered the easiest way(shuttle?) No sense in having a rented car sit at the casino for 10 days.
Tamakeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #35
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,033
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Not sure but I live near Love Field and it's a $95 Uber ride to the casino. At least it is right now at 7am. Perhaps it's cheaper outside of morning rush hour. I would expect it to be more expensive during afternoon rush hour.
Dream Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #36
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Anyone else playing in the Monster Stack today?

GL all.
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #37
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

351 in the Monster Stack today. 90 left. 36 paid. $15.6k up top.

Sitting with 60k. Blinds about to be 200/800/1,600

Legoooo
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #38
SJCX
adept
 
SJCX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 741
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

I made day two, 14 players left. Pretty short but so is just about everyone else. Play resumes at 2 PM
SJCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #39
poyo
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Denton TX
Posts: 335
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCX View Post
I made day two, 14 players left. Pretty short but so is just about everyone else. Play resumes at 2 PM
Good luck, take this down!
poyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #40
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCX View Post
I made day two, 14 players left. Pretty short but so is just about everyone else. Play resumes at 2 PM
Good luck!

I ran TT into KK with about 70 runners left. Sigh.

Back at it today for the 100K guar.
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #41
modfw
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 49
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKreep View Post
Good luck!



I ran TT into KK with about 70 runners left. Sigh.



Back at it today for the 100K guar.


How many runners on 100k noon flight?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
modfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:38 AM   #42
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Welp, I just busted out of the B flight due to a bull**** floor ruling.

I was on the button with AT and about 12 BBs left. Folds around to me, I shove. The SB (who has me covered) calls and winds up having TT.... Praying for an Ace.

The flop comes 2 5 A 6

Yes, the dealer accidentally flopped 4 cards. He calls the floor over and as he's explaining the situation, I'm replaying the event in my head to try and determine which one the burn card is supposed to be. The dealer had dealt down the first card, second card, and as he was dealing the third he grabbed two cards instead of one. So the burn before the turn would've been the second from the top in the stack of cards. So that would mean the 5.

As I'm thinking about this, the floor manager takes all 4 cards and turns them face down and mixes them up and announces he is going to draw for the burn card. I'm thinking to myself "this is messed up, shouldn't we be able to use logic to determine the actual burn card?". The floor guy draws a card and the dealer spreads the new flop:

2 5 6

I get so pissed I can't see straight at this point.

I didn't say anything to anyone for fear that I might lose it and get myself banned, so I just walked out... But since I'm a live noob, I really don't know - is that a standard ruling?
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #43
Phil9
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,470
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKreep View Post
Welp, I just busted out of the B flight due to a bull**** floor ruling.

I was on the button with AT and about 12 BBs left. Folds around to me, I shove. The SB (who has me covered) calls and winds up having TT.... Praying for an Ace.

The flop comes 2 5 A 6

Yes, the dealer accidentally flopped 4 cards. He calls the floor over and as he's explaining the situation, I'm replaying the event in my head to try and determine which one the burn card is supposed to be. The dealer had dealt down the first card, second card, and as he was dealing the third he grabbed two cards instead of one. So the burn before the turn would've been the second from the top in the stack of cards. So that would mean the 5.

As I'm thinking about this, the floor manager takes all 4 cards and turns them face down and mixes them up and announces he is going to draw for the burn card. I'm thinking to myself "this is messed up, shouldn't we be able to use logic to determine the actual burn card?". The floor guy draws a card and the dealer spreads the new flop:

2 5 6

I get so pissed I can't see straight at this point.

I didn't say anything to anyone for fear that I might lose it and get myself banned, so I just walked out... But since I'm a live noob, I really don't know - is that a standard ruling?


So, the floor did what they do in pretty much every major tournament series in the country? Outrageous!
Phil9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:52 AM   #44
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,663
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKreep View Post
Welp, I just busted out of the B flight due to a bull**** floor ruling.

I was on the button with AT and about 12 BBs left. Folds around to me, I shove. The SB (who has me covered) calls and winds up having TT.... Praying for an Ace.

The flop comes 2 5 A 6

Yes, the dealer accidentally flopped 4 cards. He calls the floor over and as he's explaining the situation, I'm replaying the event in my head to try and determine which one the burn card is supposed to be. The dealer had dealt down the first card, second card, and as he was dealing the third he grabbed two cards instead of one. So the burn before the turn would've been the second from the top in the stack of cards. So that would mean the 5.

As I'm thinking about this, the floor manager takes all 4 cards and turns them face down and mixes them up and announces he is going to draw for the burn card. I'm thinking to myself "this is messed up, shouldn't we be able to use logic to determine the actual burn card?". The floor guy draws a card and the dealer spreads the new flop:

2 5 6

I get so pissed I can't see straight at this point.

I didn't say anything to anyone for fear that I might lose it and get myself banned, so I just walked out... But since I'm a live noob, I really don't know - is that a standard ruling?
Pretty much SOP in all tourneys across the country.
bigtex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #45
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,033
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Sounds like the dealer is the one that screwed you..maybe.
Dream Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #46
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil9 View Post
So, the floor did what they do in pretty much every major tournament series in the country? Outrageous!
Apparently you missed the part where I said I was a live noob. I've played less than 10 live MTTs in my lifetime.

I still don't understand it. It makes no sense whatsoever when you can clearly figure out what the burn card should be.
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #47
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,663
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKreep View Post
Apparently you missed the part where I said I was a live noob. I've played less than 10 live MTTs in my lifetime.

I still don't understand it. It makes no sense whatsoever when you can clearly figure out what the burn card should be.
The floor had no exact idea of the order the cards came out as he didn't see it happen so they 99.9% of the time will spread a new flop. I've seen them not spread a new flop a few times but only when everyone at the table agrees what it should be.
bigtex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #48
CandyKreep
Pooh-Bah
 
CandyKreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Republic of Texas
Posts: 5,581
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21 View Post
The floor had no exact idea of the order the cards came out as he didn't see it happen so they 99.9% of the time will spread a new flop. I've seen them not spread a new flop a few times but only when everyone at the table agrees what it should be.
I guess what bothers me about this kind of situation is that there's not even an attempt by the dealer to explain to the floor how it happened. If I messed up when a player's tournament was on the line, I would at least try and present specifics, and not just "I dealt 4 cards". When you talk these things out it's pretty easy to determine what happened. But noooo let's take the easy way out at another player's expense.

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. I know I'm coming off like a whiny *****. Just feels like a complete waste of $125 and 6 and a half hours of my time.
CandyKreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #49
deadlysyns
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 887
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKreep View Post
I guess what bothers me about this kind of situation is that there's not even an attempt by the dealer to explain to the floor how it happened. If I messed up when a player's tournament was on the line, I would at least try and present specifics, and not just "I dealt 4 cards". When you talk these things out it's pretty easy to determine what happened. But noooo let's take the easy way out at another player's expense.

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. I know I'm coming off like a whiny *****. Just feels like a complete waste of $125 and 6 and a half hours of my time.
rule 36 of tda rules.

http://www.pokertda.com/view-poker-tda-rules/
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #50
Jimmy Sommerfeld
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,142
Re: Choctaw Poker Night in America April 6th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysyns View Post
Only rule we can make. Clearly a ruling that was right.
Jimmy Sommerfeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online