Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #8776
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running good at chest content
Posts: 9,937
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-glory View Post
"they change to 10 minutes once late registration closes" - mark them as bubble rush then or turbo.
By your logic, Sunday Million would have to be marked as Bubble Rush too. However, there's a technical difference between Bubble Rush, tournaments where the moment of the switch to longer blind levels is not predetermined but happens exactly when the bubble bursts, and the format that used to be called Bubble Dash, where the the switches happen after a predetermined number of minutes passes since the start, but even in what was labeled as Bubble Dash, the first jump between blind level lengths was 1.6x or more (iirc), so Sun Mill is not really BD either.

As for the turbo label - the tempo of life is changing, the number of hours that a median rec can dedicate to a tourney is getting shorter, so is the average blind level length, so pretty everything with blind levels longer than 5 minutes can be considered 'regular speed' nowadays.

Last edited by coon74; Yesterday at 06:18 PM.
coon74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #8777
DBerglin
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 669
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moo View Post
wasnt bigger / hotter bigger gtd and slightly longer blind levels hence the diff name?
Yes they were, we had so many great tourneys on Sundays in the previous schedule, like many already Said; we find ourselves 2 tabling on stars and the rest on other sites in peaktime because of the current offerings on stars.

Just by having 12 min blinds in the bigs on Sundays like we had before allows you to play poker deep for huge am÷unts like everyone wants. I never saw someone complain about the lenght of them.

Regarding Sunday 530, just use identical structure from before and no re entry please. It was a very successful and fun tournament.

Sunday 6max tournament (109-215$) around 21.00 CET are missing and would be huge if you add it.
DBerglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #8778
squire1888
old hand
 
squire1888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: scotland
Posts: 1,625
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mick00 View Post
I appreciate you posting in hereLuke, but have any suggestions been implemented? Seems you just ask more questions and that's the end of it.

Like the bigger hotter thing. Do you really need to collate all the data to make that change? You say is disingenuous to change the name without adding value. So just add the value. Personally the hots plays out fine but adding couple mins to bigs would be great. Even marketing them as special would increase participation, remember the Sunday edition mtts? They were huge just because of a label.


luke its as simple as this

make the hotters and biggers with 100k or 80k guarantees and the bounty builder 10k guarantee, which one do you think people will play. its 100% that easy bud, put big guarantees and nice structures on a ****ing badugie deuces wild mtt and people will learn it

if u build it they will come
squire1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #8779
Colin_Piddle
Pooh-Bah
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: on the squash court
Posts: 3,643
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
By your logic, Sunday Million would have to be marked as Bubble Rush too. However, there's a technical difference between Bubble Rush, tournaments where the moment of the switch to longer blind levels is not predetermined but happens exactly when the bubble bursts, and the format that used to be called Bubble Dash, where the the switches happen after a predetermined number of minutes passes since the start, but even in what was labeled as Bubble Dash, the first jump between blind level lengths was 1.6x or more (iirc), so Sun Mill is not really BD either.

As for the turbo label - the tempo of life is changing, the number of hours that a median rec can dedicate to a tourney is getting shorter, so is the average blind level length, so pretty everything with blind levels longer than 5 minutes can be considered 'regular speed' nowadays.



There's still heaps of recs that want decent structures longer then 5 minutes. Also what is your definition of a median rec?
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #8780
Snake-glory
grinder
 
Snake-glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 557
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
By your logic, Sunday Million would have to be marked as Bubble Rush too. However, there's a technical difference between Bubble Rush, tournaments where the moment of the switch to longer blind levels is not predetermined but happens exactly when the bubble bursts, and the format that used to be called Bubble Dash, where the the switches happen after a predetermined number of minutes passes since the start, but even in what was labeled as Bubble Dash, the first jump between blind level lengths was 1.6x or more (iirc), so Sun Mill is not really BD either.

As for the turbo label - the tempo of life is changing, the number of hours that a median rec can dedicate to a tourney is getting shorter, so is the average blind level length, so pretty everything with blind levels longer than 5 minutes can be considered 'regular speed' nowadays.
No, my logic is fine. I don't really know why are you talking about sunday million which has 12 min levels at start and 15 min a bit later... I said that the micro millions had a 10 min structure and now they are 8 min which is turbo (is this a reg speed? Oh yeah, it is! Because we have a 10 min deep stacks lmao). And by your logic, let's make everything turbo.
Not sure what is your post about. Just don't get it, what are you trying to say? That the turbo and hyper is ok for everyone? As I said before, people who like to play turbo/hyper has a lot of them, left some 10, 12, 15 min for others.

P.S.: About bubble rush: I meant it's starting with a fast structure and then switches to the lower. I thought it's clearly to understand.
Snake-glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #8781
Colin_Piddle
Pooh-Bah
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: on the squash court
Posts: 3,643
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Those 3 Max mtts are quite table dependable. Got put on a table today with a well-known good reg and got owned.
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #8782
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running good at chest content
Posts: 9,937
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Piddle View Post
There's still heaps of recs that want decent structures longer then 5 minutes. Also what is your definition of a median rec?
I meant that, if you sort recs by their preferred level length, those in the middle will want turbo, i.e. the majority (incl. those silent ones who don't posts on 2+2) want turbos or hypers.

Even if the above is not true, a for-profit gambling operator like Amaya puts more weight on the opinions of those who net deposit more (I don't belong into that category, though), and gamblers who part with their money easier tend to prefer faster structures.

When PKR had just migrated onto the MPN, the then Head of Poker at Microgaming Alex Scott held an AMA on the PKR forums, and when he was asked by a number of PKR recs to slow down the MTT structures on the network (because 3D poker fans obviously tend to be attached to a slower pace of play allowing to see all the animations), Alex told that the majority of MPN customers preferred superturbos and rebuys and that's why fast structures are dominant in the MPN's MTT lobby.

I suspect that Amaya's recent marketing strategy has increased the proportion of hyper gamblers in the player base, especially because it's easier to eventually convert such gamblers into the casino section where the house doesn't have to forfeit a share of net deposits to longterm winning players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-glory View Post
And by your logic, let's make everything turbo.
Not everything should be turbo, but the proportion of turbo tourneys will be matching the demographic data on net depositors' preferences, and I believe the share of slow structure lovers in the player base will be more and more minor in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-glory View Post
P.S.: About bubble rush: I meant it's starting with a fast structure and then switches to the lower. I thought it's clearly to understand.
The term 'Bubble Rush' has a concrete technical meaning - a tourney where the level length changes depend on when the money zone / a certain number of last tables / the FT are reached.

Also, Alex Weldon once wrote a detailed article on PTP about why Bubble Dash was good for the game, and Bubble Rush is a direct descendant and a technical refinement of Bubble Dash.

In essence, the reason why Bubble Rush is more addictive than usual MTTs is that 'winning moments' (the ITM phase) last longer than 'losing' ones, and this exploits the human cognitive bias that makes us remember positive experiences better than negative ones and feel as if we've won if our 'winning moments' were memorable even if we've suffered a net loss.

I don't mind terrible players at my tables, no matter the blind structure. They're usually not less terrible at high blind levels in terms of chips (not bb!) lost on average per hand than at low blind levels. Paradoxically, they tend to fold too much when the stacks are extra-short. Their key property is that they don't study, whereas a slow structure lover is more likely to eventually become good at poker and thus net deposit less lifetime.

Last edited by coon74; Today at 08:34 AM.
coon74 is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online