Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM   #8751
anuj22
old hand
 
anuj22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,907
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

@c o on - pko sats are being tested now. You might be interested in playing those Search for 'test' in text filter
anuj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #8752
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 11,584
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Because of the simple fact that the only reason the schedule is so over saturated with pkos is that Stars gets to rake and re re re rake money much more effectively if instead of 15% of the field roughly 40% of the field get money back, there a less money in final tables there a less importance in deep runs the correct strat in them is to gamble like crazy. They don't make good championship tourneys. They are good on the side but the whole premise just doesn't suit a big series imo.
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #8753
ezdonkey
veteran
 
ezdonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MAKING STEEL
Posts: 2,818
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipeez View Post
Anybody else hear about "bounty coop"? Heard rumor that's going to be the next series, not wcoop.
FCOOP Main Event last year was 50% PSKO

E: BountyCOOP would be better than TCOOP. I understand why Greedmaya is pushing PSKO formats with ever increasing % KO, but I really doubt and hope they aren't retarded enough to kill the biggest prestige tournament series of the year.

Last edited by ezdonkey; Yesterday at 11:29 AM.
ezdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #8754
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running good at chest content
Posts: 9,922
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj22 View Post
@c o on - pko sats are being tested now. You might be interested in playing those Search for 'test' in text filter
Thanks! They were available for a brief time, but now there are 2 running and none open for registration.

And I'm not sure if the PKO feature is significant enough to compensate for the bubble toughness (the turbo $0.55 sat will award 22 seats to $5.50 MM-70, the hyper $0.55 one - 9 seats). If you have one of the nine $5.50 seats almost secured, you're not going to risk your stack to grab a $1-2 bounty.
coon74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #8755
OurSurveySays
Pooh-Bah
 
OurSurveySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,111
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

hey luke, any update on wcoop please?
OurSurveySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #8756
travisohc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 332
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

man you got stamina
travisohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #8757
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
coon74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: running good at chest content
Posts: 9,922
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
Because of the simple fact that the only reason the schedule is so over saturated with pkos is that Stars gets to rake and re re re rake money much more effectively if instead of 15% of the field roughly 40% of the field get money back, there a less money in final tables there a less importance in deep runs the correct strat in them is to gamble like crazy. They don't make good championship tourneys. They are good on the side but the whole premise just doesn't suit a big series imo.
The champion stands out in a PKO even more than in a non-KO tourney (despite winning fewer BIs) because he's the only one who gets his own bounty. The 2nd-9th place finishers indeed get a lot less, but a championship is all about the 1st place

As for the correct strategy, it's not as trivial as you seem to think.

PKO God, grant me the patience to wait for a fatter value spot when I'm short,
The courage to gamble when it's worthwhile even vs tight ranges and potential overcallers,
And the wisdom to know the difference between the two scenarios.
coon74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #8758
North Squad
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 892
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
The champion stands out in a PKO even more than in a non-KO tourney (despite winning fewer BIs) because he's the only one who gets his own bounty. The 2nd-9th place finishers indeed get a lot less, but a championship is all about the 1st place

As for the correct strategy, it's not as trivial as you seem to think.

PKO God, grant me the patience to wait for a fatter value spot when I'm short,
The courage to gamble when it's worthwhile even vs tight ranges and potential overcallers,
And the wisdom to know the difference between the two scenarios.
Haha really like the prayer
North Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #8759
MikeGoLeafsGoLeah
enthusiast
 
MikeGoLeafsGoLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 94
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

How have WCOOP dates not been announced yet - I am making travel plans for September & October just guessing when WCOOP will start.
Please give us the dates!
MikeGoLeafsGoLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 AM   #8760
901
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

yeah, we really need at least dates for WCOOP. People need to make their plans if pokerstars do not want us to miss it all
901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #8761
AnFiieLd.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AnFiieLd.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 6,378
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

No doubt a pointless post but i'll proceed anyway.....

MicroMillions $5r and $3r got $233k and $109k prize pools respectively.

Bare in mind that the 3r which got 109k was at 7pm UK on a Monday night!

The regular $5r $3.5k gtd at 6pm UK time one hour before the MM generated a prize pool of around $4k.......

The current rebuy offering is essentially set up to be terrible, however it's still a format that players love and there is evidently still a huge market for a decent sized small/medium stake (3r, 5r, 7r or 11r) rebuy tournament on the schedule, whether it be a specific nightly or weekend special. All it takes is some effective labelling and jobs a gooden. It's basically a 100% guarantee to be a success. Remember the great 8r $40k gtd sunday edition as well as the 81r1a. It really is a simple addition to the schedule that would be a huge improvement.

Also: WCOOP dates please!

Last edited by AnFiieLd.; Today at 08:04 AM.
AnFiieLd. is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online