Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #101
random btn
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,431
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

#boycottretardedsites
random btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #102
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
Hello Samuel,

Thanks for sending us your account verification documents.

Unfortunately the place of birth registered on your account (Hong-Kong / Finland) does not match the one indicated by your I.D. document (Hong-Kong). While other account details may be altered, it is not possible to change your date or place of birth. Therefore we are unable to continue with finalising your account and are forced to close it as required by our regulator.

Consequently, in order for you to continue playing poker online with Winamax you will need to begin the account creation process again.

Once you have created a new account and validation has been completed, we will be able to transfer any remaining funds on your closed account to your new one.

Please note that we sent you a letter by mistake. Please do not pay attention to this letter.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Damon Schwartz
Winamax Support Team

Please explain to me what this means and why the **** my account is still frozen after I sent all the docouments? This is outrageous and if they close my account without letting me finish the tournament this is scamming no?

I really do hope they aren't closing my account cause I made a very honest TYPO MAYBE, I cannot remember cause I have no access to my account so if I stated for some reason that I'm born in Hong Kong, which is in Finland it's pretty obvious that I just misstyped and that I am born in Hong Kong, but now live in Finland. This cannot be happening.
Hello 2012,

Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation. As much as we wish that things could have been handled differently, the fact remains that French law imposes very strict rules in order to protect players from addiction, fraud and money laundering.

However, as you were qualified for Day 2 of the Winamax Series Highroller this has caused a very large problem for both you and for us. In this situation we believe that the fairest solution is to treat this in the same manner as a technical problem with our servers and issue you with a reimbursement according to our Terms and Conditions (Article 11.2a > https://www.winamax.fr/en/terms-and-conditions).

Reimbursement calculation, if paid winners have not yet been determined:

1/ all remaining players will be reimbursed the tournament commission (rake) = €50
2/ one half of the prize pool is shared out equally between the remaining players = €2,560.55
3/ one half of the prize pool is shared out prorata in function of each player’s remaining chips = €4,875
4/ You've already cashed for €2,294.25. This is therefore subtracted from the reimbursement calculation = -€2,294.25

Total prize: €7,485.54
Total due by Winamax: €5,191.30

This reimbursement corresponds to a little over the 9th place prize for this tournament and relates to your ranking at the time when your account was closed. We hope that you find this solution acceptable considering the prize earned relative to the tournament status at the time of our error.

It is my sincerest wish that at the very least that you will give us a second chance to provide you with the best online poker experience possible.

I of course remain available should you have any further questions. Please have a nice day.

The funds will be credited to your Winamax account within the next 72 hours. We will send you confirmation once the money has been transferred.
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #103
TheDegenFund
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,495
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Good Guy Winamax
TheDegenFund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #104
2012
old hand
 
2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suomi
Posts: 1,628
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winamax.Dave View Post
Hello 2012,

Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation. As much as we wish that things could have been handled differently, the fact remains that French law imposes very strict rules in order to protect players from addiction, fraud and money laundering.

However, as you were qualified for Day 2 of the Winamax Series Highroller this has caused a very large problem for both you and for us. In this situation we believe that the fairest solution is to treat this in the same manner as a technical problem with our servers and issue you with a reimbursement according to our Terms and Conditions (Article 11.2a > https://www.winamax.fr/en/terms-and-conditions).

Reimbursement calculation, if paid winners have not yet been determined:

1/ all remaining players will be reimbursed the tournament commission (rake) = €50
2/ one half of the prize pool is shared out equally between the remaining players = €2,560.55
3/ one half of the prize pool is shared out prorata in function of each player’s remaining chips = €4,875
4/ You've already cashed for €2,294.25. This is therefore subtracted from the reimbursement calculation = -€2,294.25

Total prize: €7,485.54
Total due by Winamax: €5,191.30

This reimbursement corresponds to a little over the 9th place prize for this tournament and relates to your ranking at the time when your account was closed. We hope that you find this solution acceptable considering the prize earned relative to the tournament status at the time of our error.

It is my sincerest wish that at the very least that you will give us a second chance to provide you with the best online poker experience possible.

I of course remain available should you have any further questions. Please have a nice day.

The funds will be credited to your Winamax account within the next 72 hours. We will send you confirmation once the money has been transferred.
To be honest waking up today I was still slightly annoyed about the situation even though I had calmed down yesterday. It was not really the money, but the fact you are thrown away ur rights to play such a nice structured tournament down when you've been playing your very best the day before to get the stack you had. Also the title of any tournament is any MTT players highest desire.

Anyways I didn't expect winamax to do anything about this so I'm very positively suprised and do apologize on my own part for overreacting to the situation maybe a little bit. Also I think the deal you have given me here is fair and I feel totally different emotions from what I felt yesterday. Looks like I'm going to give your site a second chance after all, thanks a lot for finally reaching out to me. Appreciate it.
2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #105
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
To be honest waking up today I was still slightly annoyed about the situation even though I had calmed down yesterday. It was not really the money, but the fact you are thrown away ur rights to play such a nice structured tournament down when you've been playing your very best the day before to get the stack you had. Also the title of any tournament is any MTT players highest desire.

Anyways I didn't expect winamax to do anything about this so I'm very positively suprised and do apologize on my own part for overreacting to the situation maybe a little bit. Also I think the deal you have given me here is fair and I feel totally different emotions from what I felt yesterday. Looks like I'm going to give your site a second chance after all, thanks a lot for finally reaching out to me. Appreciate it.
I totally understand! There is no feeling like being in a good tournament and playing well while going for the title. To have that taken away from you is of course going to be very upsetting however, our hands really are tied when it comes to the completion of identity checks. I really hope you understand that :/

I'm glad you're in a different state of mind now and we really appreciate you giving us a second chance

p.s. I personally made sure that everything was in order on your new account and can say with confidence that this will not be happening to you again!
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #106
2012
old hand
 
2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suomi
Posts: 1,628
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winamax.Dave View Post
I totally understand! There is no feeling like being in a good tournament and playing well while going for the title. To have that taken away from you is of course going to be very upsetting however, our hands really are tied when it comes to the completion of identity checks. I really hope you understand that :/

I'm glad you're in a different state of mind now and we really appreciate you giving us a second chance

p.s. I personally made sure that everything was in order on your new account and can say with confidence that this will not be happening to you again!


Thanks
2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #107
TheDegenFund
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,495
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

So I played Day 1 of the W SERIES MILLION EVENT on Sunday and made day 2. Looked at the lobby after my session, and it said Day 2 was going to be played on 16 January 2014 @ 1pm.

Today at 2pm I log-in to start a session and all of the sudden this tournament pops up with 5bbs. WTF WINAMAX .

TheDegenFund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #108
Shakzilla
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 195
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

good guy winamax!
Shakzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #109
BakinC00kies
Pooh-Bah
 
BakinC00kies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: we don't waste no precious time
Posts: 3,717
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Yeah almost fell for that too. On the website it says that the final day (which I assumed to be day 2) will start on Jan 16th at 8pm CET. Apparently the tournament consists of three days, with day 2 being today and the final table being played on the 16th.
Very misleading/confusing, I'd be surprised if you're the only player this happened to
BakinC00kies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #110
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixvdp View Post
So I played Day 1 of the W SERIES MILLION EVENT on Sunday and made day 2. Looked at the lobby after my session, and it said Day 2 was going to be played on 16 January 2014 @ 1pm.

Today at 2pm I log-in to start a session and all of the sudden this tournament pops up with 5bbs. WTF WINAMAX .

Hi felixvdp,

Really sorry to hear about this!

We've passed on your information and this is being checked into.

I'll get back to you tomorrow when we have finished investigating.

Hang tight!
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #111
IchBinEt
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 189
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakinC00kies View Post
Yeah almost fell for that too. On the website it says that the final day (which I assumed to be day 2) will start on Jan 16th at 8pm CET. Apparently the tournament consists of three days, with day 2 being today and the final table being played on the 16th.
Very misleading/confusing, I'd be surprised if you're the only player this happened to
this almost happenend to me too in another event. luckily someone told me about about day 2 being on sunday just in time.
IchBinEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #112
TheDegenFund
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,495
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winamax.Dave View Post
Hi felixvdp,

Really sorry to hear about this!

We've passed on your information and this is being checked into.

I'll get back to you tomorrow when we have finished investigating.

Hang tight!
got a refund, thx!
TheDegenFund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #113
Pocin
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

sup
is there any restriction on cashing out my roll right after deposit?
I want to try husng at winamax (10-30€, turbos), but I am afraid there wont be enough traffic.
So if I deposit and find out traffic is not good enough, can I simply cashout?
Pocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:48 AM   #114
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocin View Post
sup
is there any restriction on cashing out my roll right after deposit?
I want to try husng at winamax (10-30€, turbos), but I am afraid there wont be enough traffic.
So if I deposit and find out traffic is not good enough, can I simply cashout?
Hi Pocin,

You can cash out after depositing should you wish and not forfeit your first deposit bonus.
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #115
Knelon
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Hey, why did you change the waiting list method? is very annoying when you join to the waiting list and the table also opens. Could you guys explain what's the enhancement? By the way, when you close the table, also salts the waiting list.
Knelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #116
Shanagian
journeyman
 
Shanagian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 379
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

+1 very annoying
Shanagian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #117
Liquidd
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 65
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

massive 'unauthorized' across the screen when try to deposit or see personal info etc??????????
Liquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #118
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***



From January 23rd until February 9th 2014, Winamax offers you a chance to play the European Deepstack Poker Championship for free! Play our special contest and win your invitation to the EDPC Dublin worth €550!

This special competition will feature three qualification tournaments followed by a Grand Final with the prizes below awarded to the 39 finalists:
  • Winner: Entry to the European Deepstack Championship 2014 (worth €550)
  • 2nd: two €100 Winamax tickets
  • 3rd: €100 Winamax ticket
  • 4th to 6th: €50 Winamax ticket
  • 7th to 9th: €30 Winamax ticket
  • 10th to 18th: €20 Winamax ticket
  • 19th to 39th: €10 Winamax ticket


- Qualification tournaments –

The table size and buy-in will change for each qualifier with a different number of players qualifying for the Grand Final in each tournament:
  • EDPC Qualifier 1: January 23rd at 20:00 CET – Full-ring with a €2 buy-in.
    9 qualifiers (the final table).
    > Password: Available here
  • EDPC Qualifier 2: January 30th at 20:00 CET – Short-handed with a €3 buy-in.
    12 qualifiers (the last two tables).
    > Password: Available here
  • EDPC Qualifier 3: February 6th at 20:00 CET – Full-ring with a €5 buy-in.
    18 qualifiers (the last two tables).
    > Password: Available here
  • Grand Final: February 9th at 20:00 CET – Freeroll for the 39 qualified players.


- How to play -
  • If you do not already have one, create a Winamax account.
  • Log into the Winamax Poker software.
  • Go to the “Tournament” lobby and select “Community” from the tournament type filter.
  • Select the “EDPC Qualifier” tournaments and click on the “Register” button.
  • Enter the tournament password (see above).
  • Confirm your password in the pop-up window.
  • Finish in the qualifying places to play the Grand Final!


- Tournament structure -
  • No Limit Hold'em (freezeout).
  • 10,000 chip starting stacks with 8 minute levels.
  • The winners of each qualifier will automatically be registered for the Grand Final.
  • The winner of the entry to the European Deepstack Championship 2014 will be allowed to exchange his seat for Winamax tickets.


If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Good luck!
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #119
Liquidd
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 65
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knelon View Post
Hey, why did you change the waiting list method? is very annoying when you join to the waiting list and the table also opens. Could you guys explain what's the enhancement? By the way, when you close the table, also salts the waiting list.
+1 so frustrating what have u done to the wait list system this is terrible
Liquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 AM   #120
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knelon View Post
Hey, why did you change the waiting list method? is very annoying when you join to the waiting list and the table also opens. Could you guys explain what's the enhancement? By the way, when you close the table, also salts the waiting list.
I personally cannot say why this change has been made, but I will be passing on the comments received here to the development team so they get a view of what the players think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidd View Post
massive 'unauthorized' across the screen when try to deposit or see personal info etc??????????
Are you using the software or the website when this happens? Also, could you tell me your table name (pm if you want) and I will check out your account.
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #121
Liquidd
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 65
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winamax.Dave View Post
Are you using the software or the website when this happens? Also, could you tell me your table name (pm if you want) and I will check out your account.
sent
Liquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #122
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidd View Post
sent
So after checking with support it appears as though this is happening to a lot of players since the update yesterday.

Our dev team are working on a fix which will hopefully be ready very soon.

When I know more I will post here again.
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #123
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winamax.Dave View Post
So after checking with support it appears as though this is happening to a lot of players since the update yesterday.

Our dev team are working on a fix which will hopefully be ready very soon.

When I know more I will post here again.
Just to let you all know, the devs have now told me the problem should be fixed
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #124
Winamax.Dave
Deactivated Rep Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 352
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that the first qualifying round of our European Deepstacks Poker Championship satellite takes place tonight at 20:00 CET. €2 buy-in with 9 players qualifying for the final!

Get your password here.

Find full information in this post.
Winamax.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #125
4BetBoke
adept
 
4BetBoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: #SupportMoreRake
Posts: 1,051
Re: *** Official Winamax Series VIII Thread (Special Offers, Requests + Suggestions) ***

Hi, same UNAUTHORIZED message is showing up for me on the downloadable client.
4BetBoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online