Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #4801
Mystic
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 151
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
I guess it would 38p for 530s, 30p for 109s, some 23p for 22s and 16p for 5,5s for most usual buy-ins. They after all award somewhat different points.

Still not sure if this would be enough to eliminate big bink Uppercut/Title Fight-result -> LB win. Especially in Sundays when Title Fight winner gets A LOT OF points. Maybe just award around 50% of points for anyone not cashing what you would get from last cash place instead, if you can program it to leaderboard.
Yes I was just thinking of 30 points for 109s. Maybe 40 points for all non-itm finishes (109s) would work better, like you suggest

The current system is a bit silly where players are somewhat incentivised to max late reg, just needs a bit of a tweak
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #4802
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,068
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Yes I was just thinking of 30 points for 109s. Maybe 40 points for all non-itm finishes (109s) would work better, like you suggest

The current system is a bit silly where players are somewhat incentivised to max late reg, just needs a bit of a tweak
I see your point about late reg, but there's major secondary reason for max late reg and it is to keep playing condition up. With first tournament starting at 10:00 CET and last one 2:00 CET with 2-3 hours of late registration at least I won't be able to play 18+ hours in a row without major loss of concentration. Maybe there's more capable grinders around to do that though, 16 hours seems to be my breaking point

Might very well help with stalling part + promote better play + earlier registration at least for PSKOs.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #4803
The Moo
veteran
 
The Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,166
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

+1 and add some 8fo 10fo maybe some 3r 4r deepstacks?

and a search bar for the lobby
The Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #4804
Dearman2
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Posts: 58
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
I see your point about late reg, but there's major secondary reason for max late reg and it is to keep playing condition up. With first tournament starting at 10:00 CET and last one 2:00 CET with 2-3 hours of late registration at least I won't be able to play 18+ hours in a row without major loss of concentration. Maybe there's more capable grinders around to do that though, 16 hours seems to be my breaking point

Might very well help with stalling part + promote better play + earlier registration at least for PSKOs.
I will never know how players can play 8+ tables for 12 hours a day on a consistent basis and not suffer some mental burnout.
5 tables for 7 hours for 3 days and I am jaded.
But then I suppose many gamers play far longer than even this.
at 28 years of age i suppose I am considered "over the hill" in the online poker world
Dearman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #4805
Poker Clif
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Posts: 5,141
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
Fwiw I think their 100$+ MTTs are pretty awesome. Just a really obvious rake grab with this particular switch with no other reason
That may be, but changing a $50 to $100 is a pretty big deal, especially to someone who is practicing good bankroll management. I don't play at $100 because I'm not bankrolled for it.

Of course a lot of people who aren't bankrolled for $100 play at that level anyway, but that's a discussion for another time.
Poker Clif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #4806
Mystic
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 151
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

MTT Leaderboard promo:

How is it possible for a deal to be made where the person awarded first place wins $1,410 and second place $1,696.

So the person receiving the least money has received first place leaderboard points.

This has just happened in the $109 Kangaroo.

Is this collusion or cheating?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #4807
Dearman2
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Posts: 58
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
MTT Leaderboard promo:

How is it possible for a deal to be made where the person awarded first place wins $1,410 and second place $1,696.

So the person receiving the least money has received first place leaderboard points.

This has just happened in the $109 Kangaroo.

Is this collusion or cheating?
You've been playing poker since 2004 and you don't know how deals work? It seems that the deal was made when player A had more chips than player B but player B went ahead and won the tourney in the end
Dearman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #4808
Mystic
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 151
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearman2 View Post
You've been playing poker since 2004 and you don't know how deals work? It seems that the deal was made when player A had more chips than player B but player B went ahead and won the tourney in the end
Dearman2, Abraham Lincoln has some advice for you -

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

The player in question has clearly angled the Leaderboard promo.

I'm hoping Party will look at the chat transcripts from the heads up.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #4809
LittleGoliath
veteran
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,278
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Yeah, also when you make a deal guy with most chips automatically wins
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #4810
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,068
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGoliath View Post
Yeah, also when you make a deal guy with most chips automatically wins
Only if players don't leave any money to pot. There's an option to leave portion of prize pool to winner and then tournament resumes. Also it's not possible to make a deal where 1st place in chips gets more than 2nd place in chips (we tried this once with about even stacks).
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #4811
Mystic
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 151
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Only if players don't leave any money to pot. There's an option to leave portion of prize pool to winner and then tournament resumes. Also it's not possible to make a deal where 1st place in chips gets more than 2nd place in chips (we tried this once with about even stacks).
So will you tell us what actually happened heads up in the Kangaroo today?

Do you think it's ok to give your opponent a good deal when you are second in chips and ask him to sitout/ chipdump to you after deal so you win first place leaderboard points?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #4812
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,068
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
So will you tell us what actually happened heads up in the Kangaroo today?

Do you think it's ok to give your opponent a good deal when you are second in chips and ask him to sitout/ chipdump to you after deal so you win first place leaderboard points?
I have nothing to say against your false accusations, and I don't even know who you are. But we chopped 2 left about all of the prize pool when he was about 2:1 lead as he requested for a deal and played to the end. Of course I wasn't willingly to fold to 2nd place without a fight. End of case for me.

About the real misusage of the deal system, is there any time limit for deals to be finished? I saw two leaderboard players spending lots of time during highroller heads-up deal window open while waiting what happens on other tournament where both players were playing with a chance to strike at leaderboard and when one busted he made a deal that made him finish 2nd for 400$ or so extra. Didn't bring it up as it didn't change outcome that day, but you really should limit deal making like to 10 minutes.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #4813
LittleGoliath
veteran
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,278
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Only if players don't leave any money to pot. There's an option to leave portion of prize pool to winner and then tournament resumes. Also it's not possible to make a deal where 1st place in chips gets more than 2nd place in chips (we tried this once with about even stacks).
Oh ok, my bad. Didnt know this was possible too.
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #4814
mico93
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 30
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
I have nothing to say against your false accusations, and I don't even know who you are. But we chopped 2 left about all of the prize pool when he was about 2:1 lead as he requested for a deal and played to the end. Of course I wasn't willingly to fold to 2nd place without a fight. End of case for me.

About the real misusage of the deal system, is there any time limit for deals to be finished? I saw two leaderboard players spending lots of time during highroller heads-up deal window open while waiting what happens on other tournament where both players were playing with a chance to strike at leaderboard and when one busted he made a deal that made him finish 2nd for 400$ or so extra. Didn't bring it up as it didn't change outcome that day, but you really should limit deal making like to 10 minutes.
not sure if its just a poor try to distract, but in your example was no misuse. The deal window was open for maybe about a minute, before the other player busted (as the 2nd player said he didnīt want a deal, because he still has chances for lb). Then normal game resumed and after the player busted there was a deal which took slightly longer, because submitting didnīt worked (you may have seen in chat), but still didnīt took longer than 10 minutes lol
Better observe right next time

And if you really requested the other player to sitout or chipdump to you after deal like mystic said, it would obv be against the rules.
(Donīt know if that happend, as I havenīt observed)

Last edited by mico93; 06-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.
mico93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:46 AM   #4815
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,068
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mico93 View Post
not sure if its just a poor try to distract, but in your example was no misuse. The deal window was open for maybe about a minute, before the other player busted (as the 2nd player said he didnīt want a deal, because he still has chances for lb). Then normal game resumed and after the player busted there was a deal which took slightly longer, because submitting didnīt worked (you may have seen in chat), but still didnīt took longer than 10 minutes lol
Better observe right next time
)
Mmm might be that I didn't look it long enough time, was playing my own tables as well at that time. But I wasn't asking them to change anything @results and didn't mention people involved, just wanted to bring this up that Party_Rep and pads can check it out and put some kind of time limit for deals if there's not to avoid such possibilities. That evening was so tired after long night grind that didn't remember to bring it up earlier.

Anyways, just finished grinding second long session in a row. Have a great time grinding for next few days, I will spend rest of the week celebrating Midsummer Fest. I'll be back next week, beware!
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #4816
squire1888
old hand
 
squire1888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: scotland
Posts: 1,564
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

hey party, good work in listening to the players and trying to improve the phases MTTs are great, the 11 brawl and 55 brawl also great, there is a huge gap in these buy ins tho, and your shed is littered with $22 and $5.50 mtts that would be a must play due to the times they are at but they are skipped by everyone almost cos there such small guarantees, idk if they are aimed at a certain player, but your goal is to generate rake? and no one NO ONE wants to play for 500 bucks in a 22$ mtt for EG

the $22 4k at 1600 UK time would get huge if you put a $10k gurantee on it and make it the early brawl it would pillage, and your $22 6m turbo $1.5k at 1830 if u made that $5k guarantee it would also be popular, IMO if you listen to a few regs and some recs and fill in the gaps in the schedule for the 55 and below demographic then most of us could play alot less tables elsewere and alot more on your site, at the momment i can only play 4 mtts a day on party and 2 of them are usualy phase attempts we dont all have $530 for the daily HS you offer however every singe reg from all stakes would play these mtts, anything that qualifies for a tripple crown from P5s is popular lol

over 100 runners 10k prizepool or more MAKE IT GREAT AND WE WILL FLOCk
squire1888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #4817
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,144
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Damn lost out on 2 1k packages now because my client was 100s of points off on learderboard scores. Really annoying.

Does anyone know if tournaments that end after 10am ET count even though the leaderboard has already reset by then?
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #4818
suk12
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 126
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4bettingmonk View Post
Damn lost out on 2 1k packages now because my client was 100s of points off on learderboard scores. Really annoying.

Does anyone know if tournaments that end after 10am ET count even though the leaderboard has already reset by then?
That was exactly my case in Medium version of Leaderboard. I played two 24h sessions and I was going (more likely crowling :-)) into bed with assumption that I won first 1k prize. Later when i woke up I find out that I ended up in second place. I was trying to reach a support, send a screenshot where I was 700 points ahead and there was no more tournaments where to gain points. However I didnt received a reply yet and probably never will. So I gave it up and rather enjoying summer :-)

Here is what I think that happened. There are two leaderboard rankings (one in the client and one on website). The website rankings is counting tournaments that starts from 10:00 CET to 10:00 CET, however it is not updated immediately and takes a few hours. The client rankings counts the points at time when you bust out the tournament.

For example if you are playing Monday leaderboard and you will register $22 tournament at 9:00 CET in the morning and you bust that tournament at 10:35 CET. The points are added to Tuesday leaderboard in client immediately and also to Monday leaderboard on website a few hours later. Website ranking is one that matters for giving prizes. That is of course super confusing and as I can see it wasnt repaired yet. So GL in these if you give it another try
suk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #4819
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,144
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by suk12 View Post
That was exactly my case in Medium version of Leaderboard. I played two 24h sessions and I was going (more likely crowling :-)) into bed with assumption that I won first 1k prize. Later when i woke up I find out that I ended up in second place. I was trying to reach a support, send a screenshot where I was 700 points ahead and there was no more tournaments where to gain points. However I didnt received a reply yet and probably never will. So I gave it up and rather enjoying summer :-)

Here is what I think that happened. There are two leaderboard rankings (one in the client and one on website). The website rankings is counting tournaments that starts from 10:00 CET to 10:00 CET, however it is not updated immediately and takes a few hours. The client rankings counts the points at time when you bust out the tournament.

For example if you are playing Monday leaderboard and you will register $22 tournament at 9:00 CET in the morning and you bust that tournament at 10:35 CET. The points are added to Tuesday leaderboard in client immediately and also to Monday leaderboard on website a few hours later. Website ranking is one that matters for giving prizes. That is of course super confusing and as I can see it wasnt repaired yet. So GL in these if you give it another try
That is just ridiculous like. Double-entry points for certain tournaments- it was the only explanation for how I lost because I was winning according to my client.

This system gives extra incentive for 2 players to one account. There have been a number of cases where players have put up over 3000 points back to back and it's obvious what's going on.
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #4820
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,144
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

I actually did suspect the double-entry glitch - has to be a mistake. Wonder what party does now with previous winners. The leaderboard resets at 9.59 ET so any person would reasonably assume that no more points can go up.
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #4821
suk12
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 126
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4bettingmonk View Post
That is just ridiculous like. Double-entry points for certain tournaments- it was the only explanation for how I lost because I was winning according to my client.

This system gives extra incentive for 2 players to one account. There have been a number of cases where players have put up over 3000 points back to back and it's obvious what's going on.
Well, it is not that one tournament is counted twice to leaderboard points. It is more about that client leaderboard rankings is useless for medium version (high version is fine, because first tournament starts at 10:00 and last tournament starts at 2:00). You have to follow website rankings which is pretty hard becasuse of late updates. But those are only my assumptions, could be a totally different mistake. Anyway, just doesnt worth the effort with this conditions.

Back to back win in these with 3000 points is impossible unless you are going to mix a really strong Bombay energy drink :-). Party should probably change the time for medium leaderboard (and probably also for the low one) from 10:00 CET to 2:00 CET or something. 24h leaderboard is crazy and also contraproductive from party point of view. There would be certainly a medium stakes grinders to play more days in a row if the time range would be more reasonable.
suk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #4822
the4bettingmonk
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,144
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by suk12 View Post
Well, it is not that one tournament is counted twice to leaderboard points. It is more about that client leaderboard rankings is useless for medium version (high version is fine, because first tournament starts at 10:00 and last tournament starts at 2:00). You have to follow website rankings which is pretty hard becasuse of late updates. But those are only my assumptions, could be a totally different mistake. Anyway, just doesnt worth the effort with this conditions.

Back to back win in these with 3000 points is impossible unless you are going to mix a really strong Bombay energy drink :-). Party should probably change the time for medium leaderboard (and probably also for the low one) from 10:00 CET to 2:00 CET or something. 24h leaderboard is crazy and also contraproductive from party point of view. There would be certainly a medium stakes grinders to play more days in a row if the time range would be more reasonable.
Agreed that 24h is crazy. Was onto customer support and the person claimed that the leaderboard is updated MANUALLY so that's why the scores can be off for both the website and the client itself. Had no idea that was the case - it's possible the scores are updated well after the day finishes.
the4bettingmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 PM   #4823
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,309
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

A 24 hour leaderboard is just dumb regardless.

This 100% only benefits pro's/teams of pros whom share accounts.
This 100% gives no recreational a chance in hell of ever winning anything.
This 100% is not sustainable.
Anyone that thinks Party is doing a great job with this promo isn't considering that soon enough CEO/Shareholders are going to start asking questions why giving away 1.3 million strictly to pros didn't manage to bring in many recreational players. At that point this management team will either do a full fledged Amaya or it will be fired.

How does Party offset these new expenditures that go 100% to the pro?

1) Take Party points from naïve players that didn't get the memo that their points were soon worth nothing.

2) Offer 0% rb to the truly casual player.

3) Put expiries on tickets that recreational players are 5:1 more likely to get screwed on rather than a pro.

When you couple these changes above with the lax security when it comes to illegal software/bots it's harder for the recreational (the lifeblood of poker) than ever to compete.

Balance is needed.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #4824
Party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
Party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,087
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Hi all

Following player feedback we have opted to change our Caribbean leader boards to a weekly format starting Monday 26th

The CPP leader boards will run from Monday – Sunday
Top 50 places in each leaderboard will get paid, prizes range from a $5.50 ticket to the $10K packages
High 5X CPP packages
Medium 2X CPP packages
Low 1X CPP package
To earn LB points players must place in the money in relevant tourneys

All details can be found on the promo page>

https://www.partypoker.com/whats-goi...derboards.html

As always feedback is welcome

Good luck at the tables

Colette

Party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #4825
mico93
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 30
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Rep View Post
As always feedback is welcome
I think for a weekly low and medium version a much flatter payout structure would be good. The tournaments running 24h at those stakes, which will mislead poeple to share their accounts, because it is impossible to play every tounament of the week.
Second reason is, that it would be just brutal after a one week grind for the 2nd place, if it will be close.

In my opinion it would be much better to exchange the 10k package at lowstakes to 10x 1k ticket for example.

Other soultion for low and medium would be to split it into two 12h "day" and "night" leaderboard versions (with lower prices then obv).

Last edited by mico93; 06-23-2017 at 11:42 AM.
mico93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Đ 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online