POG Werewolf Draft - 2012
This is an idea for an actual draft game where the participants will be drafting werewolf players for a team and doing write-ups on these after which POG will then vote on the best team. It is not a werewolf draft game where people sign up to play in a werewolf game and are then drafted as villas/wolves/seers!
This draft already took place in 2009 where it was run by Zurvan: link
Almost 3 years later I think it would be appropriate and fun to do this once again since we've had a big influx of new players, have run several ww power rankings and ww draft games, plus we now have the werewolf database to use as a tool.
This isn't set in stone for me, so feel free to discuss what it should be. These are the 2 natural options in my mind:
1) Drafting a 13'er vanilla game where you assign roles to players + draft a mod for the game. This is how they did it last time. You argue why you have the best vanilla game.
2) Drafting the best overall ww players. You don't draft a mod and you don't assign roles. You just draft an x number of ww players and argue why you have the best overall team of ww players.
I'm personally leaning towards option 2, but if people prefer option 1, then I can go with that.
1) You can draft anyone who has ever played werewolf on 2+2 (exception listed below). Keep in mind that you are drafting the individual and not the specific account, meaning that you naturally get all gimmicks associated with the main account that you're drafting.
2) Exception to the above: You can't draft yourself.
3) You are expected to do a write-up with each pick. You won't get kicked out of the draft for not complying with this, but I imagine this draft more so than most drafts will generate a lot of discussion (last time a rail thread was created which had a great deal of posts) and so it's no fun if people are just posting their picks without at least a short explanation. The werewolf database may be a great tool for arguing why you've made a good pick. Or simply a quick little anecdote about the player might do the trick. If you feel that you won't have the time or energy to be doing write-ups, then please don't sign up.
4) I will not allow co-owners / co-drafters. I'm sorry if people are bothered by this rule, but in my experience they have only slowed down drafts because the 2 people need to agree on the pick.
5) It is a STRICT RULE
that you MUST PM THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE
. Do NOT sign up if you are not prepared to spend the 10 seconds that this takes. There WILL be consequences for not following this rule.
I have to leave now. But other than the above, the rest of the rules are just the standard draft rules.
What I'd like to do for this draft, unlike the last one, is to have drafters from each ww era. So I'm imagining like this with 3 people from each era (some people have already expressed interest in being a drafter, so they are on the player list):
The era setup has been changed to the below!
2009: Thingyman, Birdman10687, TimeLady (full - for the time being)
2011+2012: Krayz, captain binkles
Just post in
to join and please add that you've read the rules and that you WILL follow them.
I hope I didn't forget anything.