Inspired by a few excellent efforts prior to me I have created one of my own.
Credit goes to Jabonator for creating the game
So, the idea of the game is really simple. I'll post a bunch of categories. You PM me a list that has one song that fulfills each category (as you would in a sheep, except that the point isn't to guess the most popular answer. When I've received enough PMs, I'll rank the suggested songs from best to worst, in my personal opinion. Scoring is simple, say I have 10 players, the best song gets 10 points, the worst one gets 1. If your answer isn't actually a song that fits the category, i will pm you to allow a resubmission. if none is given, you get a 0. Research is allowed. I reserve the right to give completely arbitrary negative scores for absolutely awful answers.
Thread will tentatively close Saturday at noon with a reveal as soon as I can make a decision. Need 10 to run it. If entries are lacking I will spam the hell out of this until I get there. Please pm me an unnumbered list and post "in" somewhere in the thread so I can be sure I didn't miss your entry. Good luck!
One addendum: If I can't find your answer on youtube it's not a good answer. Some of the answers will require a youtube (or equivalent) link for my reference.
On to the categories!
1) entirely instrumental cover of a song that normally contains lyrics (link required)
2) song featuring a fiddle (devil went down to georgia = 0)
3) song released prior to 1955
4) song by an artist from australia
5) song by an artist from manchester
6) song by an artist from texas
7) song parody
8) live performance of any national anthem (link required)
9) drinking song (you submit a song AND a drink and I judge how I would enjoy the combination)
10) best musical moment from a reality competition television show (link required)