Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Heads Up NL Discussion of heads up NL Texas Hold'em cash games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #54751
Bongfellow
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 373
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

PD keeping the HUNL forum alive, show those plebes your power.
Bongfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #54752
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,252
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Ignition just rolled out an update that will most likely kill HU on site imo
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:12 AM   #54753
onemoretimes
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,314
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher789 View Post
Ignition just rolled out an update that will most likely kill HU on site imo
I'm undecided at the moment. What are your reasons for thinking that?
onemoretimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #54754
Nick_AA
old hand
 
Nick_AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,348
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher789 View Post
Ignition just rolled out an update that will most likely kill HU on site imo


What is the update?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick_AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #54755
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,252
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoretimes View Post
I'm undecided at the moment. What are your reasons for thinking that?
Just from a low stakes perspective HU players that generally start tables are the regs who don't want to battle each other anyway and the fish come and sit. In this new setup you are almost certainly going to be sitting another reg who you either won't want to play or won't want to play you. I tried it yesterday and got quit after 10 hands and I understand why, unless you are really lucky then you are rarely going to have the rec player.

AA_Nick, the update is that you can no longer table select. You choose what stakes you want to play and click a button that says "Sit Me" and it sits you at a table with another player.

I hope I'm wrong and as I said I havn't played any sort of sample yet but I can't imagine getting nearly as many recs as regs in this setup.
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #54756
outfit
adept
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,019
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

No more bum hunting. Wow. What a horrible thing.
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #54757
lolregs
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 104
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfit View Post
No more bum hunting. Wow. What a horrible thing.
said the microstakes donk with a $123 bankroll, in debt to his parents 3k coz hes a degen gambler....

ain't it funny that its always donks at the micros that are happy with all these stupid changes.

Keep studying PIOsolver for the micros, thats how you get rich at poker.
lolregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 PM   #54758
onemoretimes
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,314
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

It may kill a lot of fish action at HU because a lot of times if a fish gets beat, they leave to go play another player. Well what are they going to do if they know they can only play the same player over and over? It's definitely not going to help matters.
onemoretimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #54759
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,252
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfit View Post
No more bum hunting. Wow. What a horrible thing.
Table selection is essentially HU 101. Obv there is a difference between bum hunting and legitimate table selection. Go try and beat ignitions rake structure for a large sample without being able to table select and let us know how it goes.
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #54760
peterpjames
Pooh-Bah
 
peterpjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,806
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Were any of you guys playing HU regularly on Ignition? I was. Haven't had a chance to play since the new layout but I'm wondering if this is enough where you would cash out roll, etc. It'll be interesting to see how weekend action is, I guess.
peterpjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #54761
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,252
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjames View Post
Were any of you guys playing HU regularly on Ignition? I was. Haven't had a chance to play since the new layout but I'm wondering if this is enough where you would cash out roll, etc. It'll be interesting to see how weekend action is, I guess.
I had about 10k hands at 50nl HU over last couple months, mostly been playing 6max. I played 6max last night and the games were still very soft so not cashing anything out yet but will be interesting to see HU situation.
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #54762
outfit
adept
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,019
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

It was pretty pathetic before. Across low and mid stakes heads up tables there would be 10 tables of the same stake all with one person sitting waiting for someone to sit. If you sat and played them after about 20 hands or so they would leave. Not that this will make the leaving part any different.

For 6-max this change does kinda suck. I have been having a hard time finding full tables. And/or the full table breaks fast.
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #54763
JudgeHoldem1848
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,417
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongfellow View Post
PD keeping the HUNL forum alive, show those plebes your power.
Poetic.
JudgeHoldem1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #54764
DrHouseMD
uNL HU crown
 
DrHouseMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 316
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Hey guys Erik1337 here,

I dont post here very often and this forum is pretty dead, just want to out Kalapoujos or whatever his name is for being complete scum. For constant thrash talking calling me a bumhunter (lol, everyone is), and min betting when disconnecting in bigger 3bet pots at 500NL. This dude has no class whatsoever, his argument was because i am a 'bad reg' and he doesnt respect me he feels like he can minbet when i disconnect. He also said that he is on good terms with all better regs so my opinion doesnt matter, i think that says enough about that guy already.

So yeah pretty much be careful playing that guy dont expect any courtesy.

Last edited by DrHouseMD; 05-03-2017 at 03:50 PM.
DrHouseMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #54765
Boiled Camel
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHouseMD View Post
Hey guys Erik1337 here,

I dont post here very often and this forum is pretty dead, just want to out Kalapoujos or whatever his name is for being complete scum. For constant thrash talking calling me a bumhunter (lol, everyone is), and min betting when disconnecting in bigger 3bet pots at 500NL. This dude has no class whatsoever, his argument was because i am a 'bad reg' and he doesnt respect me he feels like he can minbet when i disconnect. He also said that he is on good terms with all better regs so my opinion doesnt matter, i think that says enough about that guy already.

So yeah pretty much be careful playing that guy dont expect any courtesy.

I didn't even say that but yes you are bumhunting worm and im not even quite sure who talks more trash me or you, i dont like you. Yes if you dc i will bet 1bb, wouldn't do it again most ppl dont care if you beliave me or not.

Seems to me ur a bit upset and u should quit poker, thx.
Boiled Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #54766
mrno1324
old hand
 
mrno1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,823
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

You're outting him for being scum because he trash talks while playing HU? Can't make this up.
mrno1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #54767
lolregs
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 104
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

DRHOUSEMD stfu u crybaby loser nerd tard. SJW weakness.

if you don't like getting pots taken off you when u d/c, then buy a 2nd internet connection. its your own fault, he broke no rules and noone gives a **** about poker ethics and morals, its a hustlers game ffs you stupid moran.

send 100$ to my neteller account for schooling your dumbass.
lolregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #54768
Codecci
veteran
 
Codecci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Estonia
Posts: 2,614
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Is it even scummy to minbet when someone disconnects? I always expect it to happen to me and do it myself vs randoms, there are ways to get angleshot if someone disconnects on purpose.
Codecci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #54769
Pokerman1992
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 320
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

People getting angry when they are called being bumhunter, is this year 2010 again?
Pokerman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #54770
DrHouseMD
uNL HU crown
 
DrHouseMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 316
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Nice reading skills guys, i dont care being called a bumhunter THE POINT is he is minbetting vs a disconnected reg he has probably played like 2-3k hands against, since most of you guys are too broke or too bad to join zoom anyway you wouldnt know how it works there. In my and probably alot of zoom regulars opinions you would or check down or atleast use standard sizing. Obviously now if he disconnects he is gonna receive the same.
DrHouseMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #54771
GerryBoulet
journeyman
 
GerryBoulet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 282
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHouseMD View Post
Nice reading skills guys, i dont care being called a bumhunter THE POINT is he is minbetting vs a disconnected reg he has probably played like 2-3k hands against, since most of you guys are too broke or too bad to join zoom anyway you wouldnt know how it works there. In my and probably alot of zoom regulars opinions you would or check down or atleast use standard sizing. Obviously now if he disconnects he is gonna receive the same.
Mostly agree with this. I think standard should be delaying your decisions the most time possible (not using timebank tho if you want to keep your deep stack for example) but not changing the way you would play the hand.
GerryBoulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #54772
Warder
adept
 
Warder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,006
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

It seems naive to expect any reg to act contrary to self interest in these spots.
Warder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #54773
Duncelanas
Pooh-Bah
 
Duncelanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Losing money at husngs
Posts: 4,794
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

To be good at internet poker, you have to be good at internet and good at poker.

Whining about losing a pot when you dc? It's 2017 homie. If you're playing 500nl, get a second connection ffs.
Duncelanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #54774
Bongfellow
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 373
Heart Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncelanas View Post
To be good at internet poker, you have to be good at internet and good at poker.

Whining about losing a pot when you dc? It's 2017 homie. If you're playing 500nl, get a second connection ffs.
Nice hand, well played.
Bongfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #54775
Beasting
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 62
Re: *******HU CASH Regs thread*******

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher789 View Post
AA_Nick, the update is that you can no longer table select. You choose what stakes you want to play and click a button that says "Sit Me" and it sits you at a table with another player.
How about sitting at a 6 or 9max table as a loophole? I've tried this before with some success, but all too often it becomes 3, 4, 5 handed too quickly.

I hate Ignition. First they segregate their sports book from poker, now this. Not to mention scores of other tactics used to restrict things.
Boycott them til they give us more freedoms!
Beasting is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online