Originally Posted by Percival
Have been searching for the thread / posts about this event - think it was about a week ago. Can those that attended chime in? Interested in knowing;
1. was it what you expected, why or why not?
2. did you gain a thorough understanding of how the PPA works for you?
3. were you made aware of a schedule / opportunities the PPA has for the remainder of this year?
4. any pics of the crowd would be cool
I attended about 90% of the session. I believe that QuadJacks may have a link to a broadcast of video of the entire session, they were broadcasting live.
1.To be honest, the session was much better than I had feared/expected. My concern was more with the presentation than the likely content. I knew joe Barton was attending, but was favorably impressed by both his candid assesments and his openness to Q&As, even one-on-one. (I did a Hill lobbying stint some years back, this was much more open than 90% of Hill receptions I attended.) ... plus lunch was provided. John encouraged folks to wrap up the left-overs.
2. There was a bit of backslapping of course, as at any such session where the sponsor has directors (three + John), a Congressman (Barton), paid lobbyists (Porter and another fellow) and a sugar daddy (Caesars) in attendance. That said, the session was quite frank and informative and very nicely done.
3. The remainder of this year is pretty short in legislative terms, but both TE and John spoke to that. Also, BOTH of them were readily available to discuss topics with anyone attending. No one there who was interested in working on matters during the remainder of the year would have left there in the dark on how he or she could do so.
4. I am pretty sure there is a video, check QuadJacks.