Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Legislation & PPA Discussion hosted by Rich Muny Discussions of various poker-related laws and steps players can take to push for better laws.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #76
DrewOnTilt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DrewOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 106 miles to Chicago
Posts: 7,734
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Wednesday, May 18th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Any chance we can make it a forum-wide sticky, or at least a sticky in NVG? It will get a lot more traffic that way.

Good work Rich.
DrewOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #77
PBJaxx
2010 WSOP November 9er
 
PBJaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,330
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Wednesday, May 18th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewOnTilt View Post
Any chance we can make it a forum-wide sticky, or at least a sticky in NVG? It will get a lot more traffic that way.

Good work Rich.
+1 and +1
PBJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #78
tbremer
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 509
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Wednesday, May 18th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
I'm surprised to read that it's this hard to find the plan. I wish to ensure everyone can find the plan, so I made a sticky.
The problem is not that it isn't clear but rather people like me are "lazy" in a sense. I don't have the time to spend hours reading everything in every post, so my first reaction is to quickly look at OP and then skip through the last few pages. If it doesn't bite me in the ass I may miss it.

Obviously I miss a lot of stuff, but like I said Im limited on time, as are many people who lurk I'm sure and I try to use the time I do spend in this forum as relevantly as possible.

Anyways, beyond that, I want to say that you have a fan over here in California. Appreciate everything you do as well as the rest of the PPA. I know I've said that before, but considering I see some trolls bashing practically everyday I felt the need to say thanks again.
tbremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #79
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Wednesday, May 18th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Thanks for your kind words Tbremer.
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #80
DonkeyQuixote
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: setting strawman arguments ablaze
Posts: 3,283
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Wednesday, May 18th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
I'm surprised to read that it's this hard to find the plan. I wish to ensure everyone can find the plan, so I made a sticky.
Good adaptation to your audience's needs.
DonkeyQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #81
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Thanks DQ. I try to minimize stickies to reduce forum clutter, but it seems it's the right thing to do here.
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #82
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th
  • Let's own the House Financial Services Committee's Facebook page all day today (here)
    • Post the fact that you have a meetings scheduled with your Congressman (no need to post his/her name if you prefer not to).
    • Mention that you are proud to live in a country where we the right to petition government for redress of grievances is protected by the First Amendment.
    • Lots of posts on the issue of poker and lots of "liking" of pro-poker comments will help this effort as well.
  • Those not able to attend the May 24th D.C. Fly-In can participate locally. If you didn't yesterday, please schedule an appointment with your senator or Congressman at the district office nearest your home for (or around) May 24th. You'll probably be able to set this up so you can attend before or after work or during lunch. Today's action plan is to make the appointment.
  • Visit www.theppa.org/takeaction and finish that up.
  • Join the Skype Poker Advocacy Group by PMing me with your username.
Thanks!
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #83
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th (see post #1 for today's plan)

There are several posts and comments that could use some likes. I hope we'll all blast through them. One of many: http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancial...50595955995136
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #84
DrewOnTilt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DrewOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 106 miles to Chicago
Posts: 7,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th
  • Let's own the House Financial Services Committee's Facebook page all day today (here)
    • Post the fact that you have a meetings scheduled with your Congressman (no need to post his/her name if you prefer not to).
    • Mention that you are proud to live in a country where we the right to petition government for redress of grievances is protected by the First Amendment.
    • Lots of posts on the issue of poker and lots of "liking" of pro-poker comments will help this effort as well.
  • Those not able to attend the May 24th D.C. Fly-In can participate locally. If you didn't yesterday, please schedule an appointment with your senator or Congressman at the district office nearest your home for (or around) May 24th. You'll probably be able to set this up so you can attend before or after work or during lunch. Today's action plan is to make the appointment.
  • Visit www.theppa.org/takeaction and finish that up.
  • Join the Skype Poker Advocacy Group by PMing me with your username.
Thanks!
Done, done, and done. Combined time = 5 minutes.
DrewOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #85
efficacy
veteran
 
efficacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: bloggin
Posts: 3,477
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th (see post #1 for today's plan)

I *like* RP:

efficacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #86
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Thursday, May 19th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Very nice efficacy!
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #87
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th

Today's plan:
  • The Fly-In is in just a few days, so let's all visit www.theppa.org/takeaction and finish those items up. That effort will give us the ammo we need for a successful trip to the Hill.
    • If the rumored poker-only bill comes into fruition, the current PPA letters (Congress, President Obama, etc.) will be replaced. Anyone who hasn't sent it in May should go ahead and resend it today.
    • Please have your spouse, significant other, family, and friends send the letter as well.
  • Let's continue to own the House Financial Services Committee's Facebook page (here)
    • Post the fact that you have a meetings scheduled with your Congressman (no need to post his/her name if you prefer not to).
    • Mention that you are proud to live in a country where we the right to petition government for redress of grievances is protected by the First Amendment.
    • Lots of posts on the issue of poker and lots of "liking" of pro-poker comments will help this effort as well.
    • Don't use the actual word "poker". The site will not display these posts to anyone but you and your FB friends. IMO it's not nefarious. Rather, it's an overzealous spam filter.
Thanks!

Last edited by Rich Muny; 05-20-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added bullet about not using "poker" in HFSC FB posts
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 AM   #88
gymrat22
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mint Hill,NC
Posts: 318
Re: Fight for poker rights: Friday, May 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
My plan is to update this daily with actions we can take. I'll change the thread title daily, of course, as it's updated.
Good job,as usual.I just got back online after surgery,I'll put in as much time as I can.Great idea!
gymrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #89
Thew92
Lone Star Advocate
 
Thew92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 498
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

If you posted on the GOP financial services wall yesterday and used the word "poker" in the post re-post today without the word "poker". They have censored the page to filter out key works like "poker" you and your facebook friends can see the post but your non-facebook friends will not be able to see the post. So if you think your "like" count is low and used the word poker in you post its because you non-FB friends can not see the post. Kind of sad the they did this IMO. They tried to censor you with out you knowing.

http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancialServices
Thew92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #90
DrewOnTilt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DrewOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 106 miles to Chicago
Posts: 7,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thew92 View Post
If you posted on the GOP financial services wall yesterday and used the word "poker" in the post re-post today without the word "poker". They have censored the page to filter out key works like "poker" you and your facebook friends can see the post but your non-facebook friends will not be able to see the post. So if you think your "like" count is low and used the word poker in you post its because you non-FB friends can not see the post. Kind of sad the they did this IMO. They tried to censor you with out you knowing.

http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancialServices
What a huge bag of jizz. Who should we ***** to about that? That is pure and utter bull****.
DrewOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #91
Thew92
Lone Star Advocate
 
Thew92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 498
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewOnTilt View Post
What a huge bag of jizz. Who should we ***** to about that? That is pure and utter bull****.
I would say here is a good place to ***** just don't use "poker"
http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancialServices
Thew92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #92
DrewOnTilt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DrewOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 106 miles to Chicago
Posts: 7,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thew92 View Post
I would say here is a good place to ***** just don't use "poker"
http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancialServices
Thanks. My dumb arse posted a warning on the wrong Facebook page.

EDIT: no, I posted on the right page. Are you sure it is being censored? I can see posts that contain the word "poker" from non-friends.
DrewOnTilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #93
newschool2
banned
 
newschool2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Not important: Text wall response
Posts: 5,293
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Everytime someone censors us, I make facebook post about it!
newschool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #94
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewOnTilt View Post
What a huge bag of ****. Who should we ***** to about that? That is pure and utter bull****.
It's probably just the spam filter. I reposted and got through by calling it an "online card game", at http://www.facebook.com/GOPFinancial...50597329095136.
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #95
Rich Muny
Poker Players Alliance VP
 
Rich Muny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ***Only a PPA post if so stated***
Posts: 26,316
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
Everytime someone censors us, I make facebook post about it!
Definitely. We should all post requests for them to stop censoring "poker".
Rich Muny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #96
tbrick412
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 247
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

The censorship is pretty ridiculous. Thanks for all the hard work TE and the PPA. Feels like we're getting closer
tbrick412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #97
schlucky1
veteran
 
schlucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Daily Action Plan
Posts: 2,840
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

We are totally killing their whole page. This is great. Keep going. Tell all your friends!!
schlucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #98
Thew92
Lone Star Advocate
 
Thew92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 498
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewOnTilt View Post
Thanks. My dumb arse posted a warning on the wrong Facebook page.

EDIT: no, I posted on the right page. Are you sure it is being censored? I can see posts that contain the word "poker" from non-friends.
I believe that started the censorship yesterday and stop it once they where caught/called out on doing it. Remember this is the same FB page that kept resetting the poll every 15 mins because "regulate poker" was always the top vote getter.

I believe it started sometime yesterday morning and ended this morning. If you go back though yesterdays post you will now see some with the word poker in it. But you will also notice that their "like" count is lower than the ones around it.
Thew92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #99
blutarski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blutarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: confirmed adonis DNA
Posts: 6,436
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Today's plan:

[*]If the rumored poker-only bill comes into fruition, the current PPA letters (Congress, President Obama, etc.) will be replaced. Anyone who hasn't sent it in May should go ahead and resend it today.[*]Please have your spouse, significant other, family, and friends send the letter as well.
:
wait, wat? there's a poker bill that's getting close enough to vote on that this might be affected soon? where can i get info on it?
blutarski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #100
Thew92
Lone Star Advocate
 
Thew92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 498
Re: Fight for Poker Rights: Friday, May 20th (see post #1 for today's plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutarski View Post
wait, wat? there's a poker bill that's getting close enough to vote on that this might be affected soon? where can i get info on it?
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...70&postcount=5
Thew92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online