On behalf of Two Plus Two ownership, the Poker Players Alliance, and your forum moderators, I welcome you to The Poker Legislation Forum, Brought to You by the PPA
This forum is the result of the merger of Poker Legislation
and Fight for Poker Rights (PPA)
. This forum continues to feature vigorous debate and is largely unchanged from the old Poker Legislation
What is ‘The Poker Legislation Forum, Brought to You by the PPA’?
The Poker Legislation Forum, Brought to You by the PPA
is the 2+2 forum for discussion of various poker-related laws and steps players can take to push for better laws. The primary difference between the old Poker Legislation
forum and ths forum is that there is more flexibility to share PPA-specific information.
Many regular posters here are experts in their fields. They write well and know the ins-and-outs of legislation and litigation like the backs of their hands. This forum has been and will continue to be an invaluable resource in the fight for our rights.
What is the PPA?
- Please be mindful of the fact that the high level at which this forum operates can make it intimidating for new users and for those with limited English proficiency. To be as welcoming as possible, I ask that we not be pedantic on grammar. We should correct proposed letters to newspapers, politicians, and others without mercy, but regular posts don't require that level of scrutiny.
- That being said, please remember that the plural of casino is casinos, not casino's; the contraction of you are is you're, not your; the possessive form of it is its, not it's; etc.
- Please minimize dismissing questions from new posters with "try the search."
- This is not the place for extensive discussion of current political events. The Politics Forum is the appropriate place for those matters and such posts will be moved there.
- Please refrain from including names of payment processors or banks in your posts.
- Do not circumvent the profanity filter by intentionally misspelling or replacing a letter or two with a symbol for an otherwise filtered word. Simply type out the whole word and let the profanity filter do its job.
- Discussion on taxes is welcomed, but please refrain from making posts arguing against the legitimacy of the U.S. income tax system and do not advocate tax evasion.
- PPA does not give tax advice. Tax-related posts here are informational only and should not be considered tax advice from the Poker Players Alliance.
The Poker Players Alliance
(PPA) is a non-profit membership organization comprised of over one million online and offline poker players and enthusiasts. Our membership consists of players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game and protect the right to play poker in all its forms.
PPA’s mission is to establish favorable laws that provide poker players with secure, safe, and regulated places to play. Through education and awareness, PPA seeks to keep this game of skill, one of America’s oldest recreational activities, free from egregious government intervention and misguided laws.
PPA is committed to defending the rights of poker players. On behalf of our broad membership, we promote and protect the game of poker through advocacy work in Washington, D.C. and throughout the nation. The Poker Players Alliance works with key lawmakers to ensure a thoughtful and productive dialogue that represents everyone who enjoys and wants to protect the game.
PPA’s most powerful resource is its membership base, the players, enthusiasts, and activists. Through PPA's website, www.theppa.org
, through direct contact with our members, and through dialog on forums such as this one, PPA is empowering poker players and enthusiasts to deliver positive messages about the game and why it should be protected to federal, state, and local elected representatives.
What can we as poker players do to advocate for poker rights?
How do I add strikethroughs and other formatting:
- You can stand up for your rights in only 60 seconds. Go to the PPA's website at http://theppa.org/letter to send prewritten, fully editable letters to your governor, your state reps, President Obama, your congressman, and both of your senators. Simply either type your info or click your AutoFill button, then click "submit". It takes literally one minute!
- You can find the phone numbers of your elected representatives there as well. Let's all call them to tell them that we demand our rights.
- You can participate in the Poker Daily Action Plan right HERE on this forum. It takes just a few minutes per day.
- Join PPA. Visit www.joinppa.org to join right now. At $15, it's the best bet in poker!
- Visit the PPA Take Action page: http://theppa.org/takeaction
- Follow PPA and me on Twitter, at http://twitter.com/ppapoker and http://twitter.com/RichMuny. Retweet our tweets and help create a groundswell of support for these actions.