Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

About the Forums Here's where you post suggestions about the forums and the software that implements them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #26
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 31,900
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
There's right wing people in P who aren't whining asses from getting temp banned because they're not bad posters like the ones itt.
One thing that has become abundantly clear is that mildest warning from a mod are enough to cause a huge amount of whining - and it's not the preserve of the right wing at all.
chezlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #27
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 11,926
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Dude, I don't have a problem you're rules so much as you're the only person deciding what is and isn't acceptable as content. Wookie has Tom, who I believe has nailed me with a temp once or twice. Was there any whining there?
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 31,900
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

No idea and I wasn't targeting you specifically.

When you see all the whining about really quite mild warnings for breaking the rules, you must be able to see it's not about right wing or left wing. It's the nature of people and maybe particularly when it comes to politics.
chezlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #29
Paul D
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: L.H.O.O.Q.
Posts: 11,926
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

I can agree with that. I think it has to do with good posting and bad posting thing more in Politics. Like Wookie forcing citations of wild claims that are inflammatory that usually derive from shady partisan sites.
Paul D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #30
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 9,193
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw View Post
That's not at all true Noodle but it's no big surprise that those who want special treatment for themselves don't appreciate being treated as equals.
There you go again.
Noodle Wazlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #31
BrettFavre
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I am SuperUberBob
Posts: 72
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

The overwhelming majority of pro-Trump posts in P are nothing more than loling at people who are anti-Trump. People like BS are trolling and when the base calls them out for it, they ***** and complain here.

When any kind of argument is put forward that is pro-Trump, it is promptly debunked and the same occurs as above.

Perhaps work more on your arguments instead of crying.

A case could be made for some bias in favor of more upstanding members of P, but I would argue that they earned the benefit of the doubt for minor transgressions. People who exist to troll get what they deserve.
BrettFavre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:10 AM   #32
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: atlas shreeked
Posts: 4,763
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Just change the thread title to Noodles & Company for short.

(couldn't resist)
leavesofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:29 AM   #33
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Shirley
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 83,417
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Well, I came into this thread looking for some examples that would let me wield my banhammer. I am sorely disappointed.
MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:38 AM   #34
AllCowsEatGrass
grinder
 
AllCowsEatGrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 472
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

pew pew pew
AllCowsEatGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #35
lenC
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lenC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,276
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Someone needs to nuke this new guy.
lenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #36
AllCowsEatGrass
grinder
 
AllCowsEatGrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 472
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

AllCowsEatGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #37
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettFavre View Post
The overwhelming majority of pro-Trump posts in P are nothing more than loling at people who are anti-Trump. People like BS are trolling and when the base calls them out for it, they ***** and complain here.

When any kind of argument is put forward that is pro-Trump, it is promptly debunked and the same occurs as above.

Perhaps work more on your arguments instead of crying.

A case could be made for some bias in favor of more upstanding members of P, but I would argue that they earned the benefit of the doubt for minor transgressions. People who exist to troll get what they deserve.
Let's cut the crap and face reality here. If you make pro-Trump posts in P you are going to get labelled a troll no matter what. You know it, I know it. It's got nothing to do with the strength of your argument.

I'm not crying about it. It is what it is, but don't give me that crap about it being a level playing field. That's pure horse****.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #38
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Oh bull****. Show one pro-trump post that was made in good faith and got labeled a troll. You can't because there aren't any.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #39
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

OK. Here you go. One example of many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
Yeah so stop quoting him. Dude has been triolling you guys for months. Next person to quote him gets a hairy teabag. Good luck.
Just click back to my original post on the topic and note how it was made in good faith with citation and was in fact a response to a question addressed to me.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #40
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

You forgot to post the wind up to that post, probably just slipped your mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
How ironic given the fact that I had the sheer audacity to ask for conclusive evidence of Gorka being a Nazi. Of which none has been provided as yet, I might add.

You guys really are a hoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
There is nothing that could be provided which would convince you. Nothing. No level of evidence, no matter who provided it nor what level of validity it had by normal standards would convince you.

There is no value in debating someone who simply doesn't live in reality. We might as well debate the colour of the sky on Kolob or how many square meters the elephants got on the arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
Lol
Did you ever answer what you would consider "conclusive evidence?"
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #41
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 9,193
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

BS doesn't know the difference between Trump and Gorka? What, all white guys look the same to him?

Also, for the record since BS is too lazy to use google apparently:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...g-fail/519843/

Is this another case of BS trolling?
Noodle Wazlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #42
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
You forgot to post the wind up to that post, probably just slipped your mind:
"Lol" was the only appropriate response to that particular post.






Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Did you ever answer what you would consider "conclusive evidence?"
Conclusive evidence is anything that would hold up in a court of law as proof of guilt.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #43
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle Wazlib View Post
BS doesn't know the difference between Trump and Gorka? What, all white guys look the same to him?

Also, for the record since BS is too lazy to use google apparently:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...g-fail/519843/

Is this another case of BS trolling?
If you weren't so (apparently) lazy yourself you would see that I provided a citation with my original post.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #44
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
"Lol" was the only appropriate response to that particular post.







Conclusive evidence is anything that would hold up in a court of law as proof of guilt.
The testimony of relatives and members of that nazi group would hold up in any court of law.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:25 PM   #45
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

That's debatable and no-one has given testimony in a court of law as yet.

But we're getting away from the point, which was me providing you with an example of good faith posting being labelled as trolling.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #46
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

No, the point is you were provided with evidence that, if it had been in a court of law, would have shown to a reasonable person that Gorka was a Nazi. The evidence was given in good faith and you rejected it because you aren't arguing in good faith. You deserve all the trolling you get.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #47
BroadwaySushy
old hand
 
BroadwaySushy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Waiting for the man
Posts: 1,592
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Absolute garbage. Unsubstantiated hearsay from 2 members of some obscure Nazi group is not evidence.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #48
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

BAD FAITH!
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #49
Trolly McTrollson
Under your bridges
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Midwestern America
Posts: 18,975
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

Can someone give me a quick refresher on what the evidentiary rules are for posting on 2p2? I don't want my posts to be ruled inadmissible. TIA.
Trolly McTrollson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #50
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32,209
Re: Personal Attacks in Political Forums by Poobahs Mr Wookie, 5ive, goofybalef AoFrantic etc

You'll have to talk to chez and hope he is enforcing the "rules" for you the same way he enforces them for wil or foldn.
kerowo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online