Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance Here's where you put your whines and wins.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #76
taaffey
adept
 
taaffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 834
Re: Degen Stories....

I have a friend who's a pretty huge degen. I've seen him win/lose some 10k pots, taking 2k rolls to 25/50 and spin it up to 30k (and subsequently lose it)

He works and prolly ~50k a year.

I lol'd one morning when I saw him as one of the biggest winners on Stars the previous night on Tableratings.
taaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #77
D3v0id
adept
 
D3v0id's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Down Under
Posts: 819
Re: Degen Stories....

A mate and I got totally wiped ages back and decided we were gunna crash the Mahogany room at Crown. I'm not a member because I'm degen and my bankroll couldn't buy me a poptart much less let me lay down smackers at Mahogany steaks.

So we go to sneak in using one of our other mates membership (who was overseas and more or less gives us his blessing cos we were pretty sure when he texted 'fk u I'll kill you if I get banned' he was only joking). We didn't realize we needed his card to get in, so we stumbled back to the cab line, went all the way back to my mates joint, got the card and went to the cassius again (degen, should have just gone to the strippers).

The second time they wouldn't let us in when some uppity fkr wouldn't let us through because a) we were crap in our pants drunk and b) my mate had to say he had left his ID at home when asked (because obv he couldn't show his real ID).

So we starting hitting up this old bag who was coming in and had heard us talking to the door man and she actually wound up vouching for us, which was cool because it meant we got in and if she was only about a mirrion years younger you'da bagged her but she wasn't so we said later and hit the bar.

So we get in to the Mahogany room and it's exciting for about two minutes. I chug a half dozen bourbons and realize that there's only two hot chiks in the whole room, and one of them it draped over some bloke that looks like he cooked last nights curry but he has a wrist watch as big as my head and a suit that looks like it's worth a month of paydays. Most of the other women are either over 40 or as attractive as a 12 y/o schoolboy.

I go talk to the other hot chik and realize I can't stop slurring so I figure fug this chit I'm gunna go watch some chucks loosing their manies on the tables. My mate brings me some ass wipe cocktail so I feel like a total muppet standing there with something that looks like three day old urine in a martini glass. GTFO.

I'm watching some folk playing BJ which gets me about as excited as paper cut to my left nut sack and I'm wishing something interesting would happen and am thinking I'd be better off in jeans and a t-shirt and a pot of beer in my hand with the common man degens downstairs.

Finally I stumble on a table where this Japanese bloke and his pug faced wife are playing. This guy's burning a couple of K per hand and playing two seats, which I know isn't really that high but I'm a degen with a three figure bankroll so for me it was kinda exciting. I decided to lean on the end of the table partly because I wanted to watch but mainly because I was gunna fall over if I didn't.

So I watch this bloke drop maybe 5o or 6o grand in about ten minutes. This guy is losing big time and shows absolutely no emotion no matter how many times he sees his 21 pushed or his 20 overtaken. The dealer can't seem to bust and his stupid wife keeps moaning hawwwwwwwww, eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaar, and chit in annoyance when her lesser $200 bet gets swiped and she seems totally oblivious to the fact that her fella is getting systematically raped by the dealer.

After watching this dude blow off more than my yearly salary I finally can't stand it anymore and go totally degen, point at his chips and say

'Throw me one of those so at least one of us can walk out of here a winner'.

This bloke doesn't even flinch, stops his play...and flicks a 1k chip at me. BAM.

Beyond that one action he didn't acknowledge what I'd said. He didn't even look at me once.

I feel totally degen and am embarrassed and the dealer is watching me and the chip is sitting near the edge of the table. I go to say I was only joking but this guy and his wife have gone back to racking up another round, so I nab the chip, say thanks to you sir, and move away from the table.

Beat - I begged and am a degen.
Brag - I got a grand.
Variance - I lost it on poker n strippers.
Double Variance - I played poker and went to the strippers.
D3v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #78
mrdasefx
old hand
 
mrdasefx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,640
Re: Degen Stories....

Well my poker degen stories that I can think of are not too interesting. I ran my small roll up went higher and usually lost. Sometimes cashed out lost the rest and went deeper. LOL. Lucky for me the highest I ever played was 15/30 limit stud back in the day and online the highest I ever sat was 5/10. I never really had a problem with poker just bettin sports....

The largest wager I ever made was on a college hoop game. I took VA Tech vs. Duke plus 20 at Duke . That friggin game sucked. A lot of people would say my bet of 8800 was a drop in the bucket but not when you got 4k to your name. Well I lost and friggin paid it. I think it was 2003 and VA Tech was friggin good and lost the game by about 30 and beat DUKE(yep Duke) outright a week and half later. I know this aint bad beats sorry.

BR management for the win...

You know it's funny the flexiblility your life has when your income is >greater than 50k a year.
mrdasefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 AM   #79
TJI_1234
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Detroit/Dominican Republic
Posts: 104
Re: Degen Stories....

bumpage in sick thread
TJI_1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #80
grind4life
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
did Niche actually have to post a story? A simple "in" would have done
pure gold. wp sir.
grind4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #81
loknar
grinder
 
loknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 565
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsym View Post
my life is 1 big degen story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
FYL
or convert to buddhism and go on to the next one;
there is always a life running somehow somewhere
loknar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #82
frtz
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 474
Re: Degen Stories....

how can u guys even try after niche posted the best ****ing story he ever did?
frtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #83
Steven Segal's Dad
old hand
 
Steven Segal's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Location:Location
Posts: 1,314
Re: Degen Stories....

Fat smelly dude walks into a small local cardroom and starts telling everyone that he had been gambling for 14 hours, and that "he just can't stop gambling." He said that phrase 5 times...he smelled like old church socks that you'd keep putting back in your drawer on Sundays because you only wore them to church, but after the 3rd month they smelled ridiculous. He was unshaven and had a oversized white t-shirt that had significant yellow arm-pit stains. He proceeded to start running over the table. He laughed that nobody would look him up. He added about half a buy-in to his stack in 15-20 minutes by running over the table. He then requested to play PLO and when he got denied he had the host call another local cardroom to see if they were running. Obv the dude wasn't busto, or collecting money on the streets to play, but folks like this remind me of why I get good sleep at night, shave regularly, wash myself and my clothes, etc....Fat smelly degen WOW
Steven Segal's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #84
hustl
adept
 
hustl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: i guess we chop
Posts: 1,082
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v0id View Post
Finally I stumble on a table where this Japanese bloke and his pug faced wife are playing. This guy's burning a couple of K per hand and playing two seats, which I know isn't really that high but I'm a degen with a three figure bankroll so for me it was kinda exciting. I decided to lean on the end of the table partly because I wanted to watch but mainly because I was gunna fall over if I didn't.

So I watch this bloke drop maybe 5o or 6o grand in about ten minutes. This guy is losing big time and shows absolutely no emotion no matter how many times he sees his 21 pushed or his 20 overtaken. The dealer can't seem to bust and his stupid wife keeps moaning hawwwwwwwww, eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaar, and chit in annoyance when her lesser $200 bet gets swiped and she seems totally oblivious to the fact that her fella is getting systematically raped by the dealer.

After watching this dude blow off more than my yearly salary I finally can't stand it anymore and go totally degen, point at his chips and say

'Throw me one of those so at least one of us can walk out of here a winner'.

This bloke doesn't even flinch, stops his play...and flicks a 1k chip at me. BAM.

Beyond that one action he didn't acknowledge what I'd said. He didn't even look at me once.

I feel totally degen and am embarrassed and the dealer is watching me and the chip is sitting near the edge of the table. I go to say I was only joking but this guy and his wife have gone back to racking up another round, so I nab the chip, say thanks to you sir, and move away from the table.

Beat - I begged and am a degen.
Brag - I got a grand.
Variance - I lost it on poker n strippers.
Double Variance - I played poker and went to the strippers.
[x] asian baller
hustl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #85
ch3ckraise
adept
 
ch3ckraise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BING BLANG BLAOW
Posts: 975
Re: Degen Stories....

2yrs ago i had $650 on bodog and needed $1020 to pay rent in 4 days but didnt have the courage 2 keep grindin $20 SNGs because i had been on 5 week break even stretch. the $650 was all i had to my name at the time

i didnt kno wtf to do and i had to double my money asap so i loaded up roullette and put it all my money on black. i fired up winamp and put on some enya while i sat with my finger on the mouse button and the mouse cursor over the spin button. and stared at the screen for like a min or 2 before i could apply enough pressure to click it.

as soon as i clicked it powerd off my 20" lcd, spun around 180 degrees on my computer chair and threw myself facedown on the floor with my hands over my face yelling "please please please please please" while kicking my feet into the carpet. i laid there with a tear streaming down my face and enya in the background and felt more gay then degen

at the end of the enya song i lit up a camel light and powered my monitor back on to see $1300 in my account. i cashed it all out and 2 days later i called my parents n told them i was movin back in and gonna find a job.

My life is a lot better now lol.
ch3ckraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #86
Eggson
adept
 
Eggson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta cape cod, tonight
Posts: 1,040
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Niche View Post
Story
Replace all poker references with horse racing and this is a Charles Bukowski story.
Bukowski=ultimate degen.
Eggson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #87
IamPro
one time Plz???
 
IamPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OUT YOUR POCKET MOOOTTTHAAA ****AAA
Posts: 17,597
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3ckraise View Post
2yrs ago i had $650 on bodog and needed $1020 to pay rent in 4 days but didnt have the courage 2 keep grindin $20 SNGs because i had been on 5 week break even stretch. the $650 was all i had to my name at the time

i didnt kno wtf to do and i had to double my money asap so i loaded up roullette and put it all my money on black. i fired up winamp and put on some enya while i sat with my finger on the mouse button and the mouse cursor over the spin button. and stared at the screen for like a min or 2 before i could apply enough pressure to click it.

as soon as i clicked it powerd off my 20" lcd, spun around 180 degrees on my computer chair and threw myself facedown on the floor with my hands over my face yelling "please please please please please" while kicking my feet into the carpet. i laid there with a tear streaming down my face and enya in the background and felt more gay then degen

at the end of the enya song i lit up a camel light and powered my monitor back on to see $1300 in my account. i cashed it all out and 2 days later i called my parents n told them i was movin back in and gonna find a job.

My life is a lot better now lol.
Wow
IamPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #88
MikalSjekson
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 533
Re: Degen Stories....

Lost 43k Euro's in 30 minutes of very drunken blackjack online.. still rebuilding my roll ever since...

Ran up 500$ to 16k in 1 month back to 0$ in the next 2 weeks..

****** sick coming to think of it.
MikalSjekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #89
CHRONICFEVER
Goes hard in the paint
 
CHRONICFEVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 12,731
Re: Degen Stories....

this is my degen story, many more but this is the best one i can remember. one time i deposited 50$ on bodog and ran it to 3300 play PLO with good br managment . one night i was studying for a midterm and i was on aderall and i had promised myself i wouldnn't play poker, because i had went bust before when playing on aderall, it gets too pumped and makes me go on monkey tilt, but somehow the degen in me forced me to jump in the games, i ended up playing, i sat with 300 at omaha 3-6 and the rest i figured hey, lets try some blackjack, i started betting like 5$ a hand, 2$ a hand 5$ etc.. before ya know it i was doubling down with 46 when dealer shows a 7 for 300$, before ya know it i was bust in my casino account($3000) in 10 mins, yes bodog blakjack is super turbo, i still remember the last hand i had aa and still had about 800 left and my bet was 400, i split aa with dealer showing q and i lost both hands and it was over, but on the other hand i was still playing omaha and i had turned my 300 into 1400 at the 3-6 PLO and i still remember this hand it was against some guy "superstank" on bodog, he raised i reraised with ajkk aj clubs =, flop was k75 two clubs, he had 98XX he turned nuts str8 and we got it all in and i missed and i was busto. that was probably one of tiltiest monents every, after that i was just shocked and my heart beating so fast from effect of the aderall, i jus basically stared at the wall for about 15 mins thinking of what if i didn't
CHRONICFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #90
Skwisgar
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 529
Re: Degen Stories....

Niche really is a story telling genius. He has a way with his words that is unlike anything else.
Skwisgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #91
RelaxedPrecision
Jared Huggins
 
RelaxedPrecision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,185
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
ultimatum: either wife and upcoming child or poker

The situation is more complicated for the following reasons:

1) we've been married for almost 2 years now.
2) we have our own condo
3) she's pregnant and is expecting in 6 months. The last thing I want is to not be there for my child.
4) I do love her and do know where she's coming from, since I did lie to her on repeated occasions.

I am torn as to what to do. I know that if I choose to quit poker that I will have the urges to continue playing. If I choose this option, what steps can I take to ensure I follow through with no longer playing?

If I do choose to play poker and give up this relationship, what's the best way to go forward?

Thanks in advance
That guys is the winner imo.

----------------------------------------
Here R some of my degen highlights.

-addicted 2 poker while in college, almost killed myself from sleep deprivation, missed countless classes to play, played while in class through Wifi...couldn't get myself to stop playing to study for finals/doing term papers so resorted to 4 tabling .5NL while doing ALL of my homework for my entire senior year. Alienated myself from the world to play poker for 1 year straight, lost countless friendships and relationships and work opportunities. ALL THIS WHILE BEING A BREAKEVEN PLAYER.

-Played so many hands without taking a break got carpal tunnel and my vision has suffered.

-Went pro after college on a $500 bankroll and for 6 months straight started month with $100 ended month with $700 to pay all my bills by 1st of the month, only to start all over again. Played 12-16 hours sessions mass multitable microstakes the last week of each of these months.

-Got addicted to poker forums... only way I could stop posting was to have a nervous break down and post porno pics in thread to get my account locked.

-27 years old, been lying to my family for 10 months that I'm looking for a job...stil haven't sent out 1 job application.

-While typing this post busto'd the last $87 in my account getting coolered three times in a HU match...

Last edited by RelaxedPrecision; 04-03-2009 at 05:58 PM.
RelaxedPrecision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #92
MrAmazing
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80
Re: Degen Stories....

I was sharing a house with 3 friends.

1 of these friends was working on a saturday and wanted me to take his $1800 "TAG" watch to get a new battery, cuz he wanted for that night doing on a date.

He left for work at 7am and would be home before 5pm.

At 9am I took his watch to a local pawn shop and hawked it for $300.00

I took the $300 to local casino and won $900.00 in 1 hr.

Went back to pawn shop and got watch back for the $300.00 plus $70 juice.

Took the watch to get fixed at took back home.

Come 5pm friend comes home with a 12back of beers to share for the favor I did for him.

good day.
MrAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #93
IamPro
one time Plz???
 
IamPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OUT YOUR POCKET MOOOTTTHAAA ****AAA
Posts: 17,597
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAmazing View Post
I was sharing a house with 3 friends.

1 of these friends was working on a saturday and wanted me to take his $1800 "TAG" watch to get a new battery, cuz he wanted for that night doing on a date.

He left for work at 7am and would be home before 5pm.

At 9am I took his watch to a local pawn shop and hawked it for $300.00

I took the $300 to local casino and won $900.00 in 1 hr.

Went back to pawn shop and got watch back for the $300.00 plus $70 juice.

Took the watch to get fixed at took back home.

Come 5pm friend comes home with a 12back of beers to share for the favor I did for him.

good day.
OMG
IamPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #94
MrAmazing
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 80
Re: Degen Stories....

I thought I would post another........

Hopefully this will make everyone feel better about themselves.
This is 100% true story.

5 years ago I stated playing home games with a group of approx 6 friends.
We were all donks but enjoyed our $10 buy-in games.

I deposited $20 on "pokerroom"
1 week before xmas I ran my $20 to $3600 in a few hours.
I cashed out full amount and bought a nice couch.

After that I started depositing $20 - $50 at a time to various sites.
Zero bankroll mngt and deposited approx 50 + diff times, zero cashouts.
I worked full time, so I just used my money to play, no real savings.
Over a 1 year period I stopped talking to ALL my friends, stopped seeing a nice girl and really had zero money except my $1000 check every 2 weeks.

I played a "freeroll" tourney I qualified in and won $45k.

Over a period of 2 years I blew the $45k on eating out, poker deposits, and lost 10k in stock market. I took 6k to vegas and played 1.5k wsop tourney.
I got sucked out on in the tourney, got tilted and took 4k to caesers and put on roulette black...red hit. I only had 10 bucks to my name in vegas for 3 more days....then flew home.

I would go play 2/5nl at local poker room....take a bad beat, then take all my money to blackjack and lose....happened 20+ times.

Various times I would rush my $300 stack to 2k plus and then go to blackjack table to blow it....then go to bank machine and take out all my money for blackjack.....i would lose....then I would go home, get a payday advance...go to blackjack....i would lose....i would go home and count my change....i would live on $20-$60 in change til my next paydate....
rinse/repeat.

Then I stated depositing via "echeck" would lose and bounce my echeck.
I did this on 4 different sites and obv got banned.
I owed apporx $1500.00 and never paid, went on my credit report.

After blowing thur my 10k savings with pokerdeposits I only really had a few hundred bucks with no savings and zero credit. Only my 1k every 2 weeks from work.

My mother got sick, so I moved to my parents upper level apartment they could not rent out and now help out with $$$ by paying them rent for there mortage

So...as of today......

I am 33yrs old, I have exactly $200 cash to my name, I owe a payday loan place $500.00, zero online money, I live with my parents, I have ZERO friends, I put on 100lbs in 2 years and am up to 300lbs, I eat like crazy, I'm starting to get chest pains daily so I think I have another major problem.

Over the last few weeks, I will sometimes take a 10min break from work and go to the bathroom to cry about my life and my situation.

But I get paid next week so I can make another deposit online...ship it!
MrAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #95
deathorglory0
Pooh-Bah
 
deathorglory0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,078
Re: Degen Stories....

This time last year started with £60 deposit, over the next 7 or so months run that up to ~£35,000 playing with at least 50 buy ins from £50nl up. Finally tell parents about what has been going on and that Im not going to Uni. A WEEK telling them this i go out and get very drunk- come home and bust my whole account balance of £23,000, 20k of which was on roulette. Lied to parents and everyone else about how much £££ i had for months - happy ending though - won it all back and recently roll reached over £200,000.
deathorglory0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #96
IamPro
one time Plz???
 
IamPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OUT YOUR POCKET MOOOTTTHAAA ****AAA
Posts: 17,597
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathorglory0 View Post
This time last year started with £60 deposit, over the next 7 or so months run that up to ~£35,000 playing with at least 50 buy ins from £50nl up. Finally tell parents about what has been going on and that Im not going to Uni. A WEEK telling them this i go out and get very drunk- come home and bust my whole account balance of £23,000, 20k of which was on roulette. Lied to parents and everyone else about how much £££ i had for months - happy ending though - won it all back and recently roll reached over £200,000.
Well done


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAmazing View Post
I thought I would post another........

Hopefully this will make everyone feel better about themselves.
This is 100% true story.

5 years ago I stated playing home games with a group of approx 6 friends.
We were all donks but enjoyed our $10 buy-in games.

I deposited $20 on "pokerroom"
1 week before xmas I ran my $20 to $3600 in a few hours.
I cashed out full amount and bought a nice couch.

After that I started depositing $20 - $50 at a time to various sites.
Zero bankroll mngt and deposited approx 50 + diff times, zero cashouts.
I worked full time, so I just used my money to play, no real savings.
Over a 1 year period I stopped talking to ALL my friends, stopped seeing a nice girl and really had zero money except my $1000 check every 2 weeks.

I played a "freeroll" tourney I qualified in and won $45k.

Over a period of 2 years I blew the $45k on eating out, poker deposits, and lost 10k in stock market. I took 6k to vegas and played 1.5k wsop tourney.
I got sucked out on in the tourney, got tilted and took 4k to caesers and put on roulette black...red hit. I only had 10 bucks to my name in vegas for 3 more days....then flew home.

I would go play 2/5nl at local poker room....take a bad beat, then take all my money to blackjack and lose....happened 20+ times.

Various times I would rush my $300 stack to 2k plus and then go to blackjack table to blow it....then go to bank machine and take out all my money for blackjack.....i would lose....then I would go home, get a payday advance...go to blackjack....i would lose....i would go home and count my change....i would live on $20-$60 in change til my next paydate....
rinse/repeat.

Then I stated depositing via "echeck" would lose and bounce my echeck.
I did this on 4 different sites and obv got banned.
I owed apporx $1500.00 and never paid, went on my credit report.

After blowing thur my 10k savings with pokerdeposits I only really had a few hundred bucks with no savings and zero credit. Only my 1k every 2 weeks from work.

My mother got sick, so I moved to my parents upper level apartment they could not rent out and now help out with $$$ by paying them rent for there mortage

So...as of today......

I am 33yrs old, I have exactly $200 cash to my name, I owe a payday loan place $500.00, zero online money, I live with my parents, I have ZERO friends, I put on 100lbs in 2 years and am up to 300lbs, I eat like crazy, I'm starting to get chest pains daily so I think I have another major problem.

Over the last few weeks, I will sometimes take a 10min break from work and go to the bathroom to cry about my life and my situation.

But I get paid next week so I can make another deposit online...ship it!
This makes me sad
IamPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #97
deathorglory0
Pooh-Bah
 
deathorglory0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,078
Re: Degen Stories....

Its not my story btw, but someone I know very well.
deathorglory0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #98
Ihatelosing
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 526
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathorglory0 View Post
This time last year started with £60 deposit, over the next 7 or so months run that up to ~£35,000 playing with at least 50 buy ins from £50nl up. Finally tell parents about what has been going on and that Im not going to Uni. A WEEK telling them this i go out and get very drunk- come home and bust my whole account balance of £23,000, 20k of which was on roulette. Lied to parents and everyone else about how much £££ i had for months - happy ending though - won it all back and recently roll reached over £200,000.
sounds like a fish
Ihatelosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #99
holdemvin
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 202
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAmazing View Post
I thought I would post another........

Hopefully this will make everyone feel better about themselves.
This is 100% true story.

5 years ago I stated playing home games with a group of approx 6 friends.
We were all donks but enjoyed our $10 buy-in games.

I deposited $20 on "pokerroom"
1 week before xmas I ran my $20 to $3600 in a few hours.
I cashed out full amount and bought a nice couch.

After that I started depositing $20 - $50 at a time to various sites.
Zero bankroll mngt and deposited approx 50 + diff times, zero cashouts.
I worked full time, so I just used my money to play, no real savings.
Over a 1 year period I stopped talking to ALL my friends, stopped seeing a nice girl and really had zero money except my $1000 check every 2 weeks.

I played a "freeroll" tourney I qualified in and won $45k.

Over a period of 2 years I blew the $45k on eating out, poker deposits, and lost 10k in stock market. I took 6k to vegas and played 1.5k wsop tourney.
I got sucked out on in the tourney, got tilted and took 4k to caesers and put on roulette black...red hit. I only had 10 bucks to my name in vegas for 3 more days....then flew home.

I would go play 2/5nl at local poker room....take a bad beat, then take all my money to blackjack and lose....happened 20+ times.

Various times I would rush my $300 stack to 2k plus and then go to blackjack table to blow it....then go to bank machine and take out all my money for blackjack.....i would lose....then I would go home, get a payday advance...go to blackjack....i would lose....i would go home and count my change....i would live on $20-$60 in change til my next paydate....
rinse/repeat.

Then I stated depositing via "echeck" would lose and bounce my echeck.
I did this on 4 different sites and obv got banned.
I owed apporx $1500.00 and never paid, went on my credit report.

After blowing thur my 10k savings with pokerdeposits I only really had a few hundred bucks with no savings and zero credit. Only my 1k every 2 weeks from work.

My mother got sick, so I moved to my parents upper level apartment they could not rent out and now help out with $$$ by paying them rent for there mortage

So...as of today......

I am 33yrs old, I have exactly $200 cash to my name, I owe a payday loan place $500.00, zero online money, I live with my parents, I have ZERO friends, I put on 100lbs in 2 years and am up to 300lbs, I eat like crazy, I'm starting to get chest pains daily so I think I have another major problem.

Over the last few weeks, I will sometimes take a 10min break from work and go to the bathroom to cry about my life and my situation.

But I get paid next week so I can make another deposit online...ship it!
go buy some Tony Robbins audiobooks and sort ourself out. you clearly dont have the desire to commit to a real change in your health, finances, social situation. Instead you look at the wrong and do nothing to change yourself.

If you really feel it is that bad - that you must privately cry and publicly post about this, then maybe you do enjoy the degenerousity of it all. Which is clearly an addiction.

But if you really want to change, be a man and commit to something. or else it will all crumble one day. sooner rather than later, based on what you have said.

i would say good luck, but thats not true.
MAN UP is a bit more appropriate.
holdemvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #100
Iron Tamer
veteran
 
Iron Tamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 2,948
Re: Degen Stories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAmazing View Post
I thought I would post another........

Hopefully this will make everyone feel better about themselves.
This is 100% true story.

5 years ago I stated playing home games with a group of approx 6 friends.
We were all donks but enjoyed our $10 buy-in games.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Iron Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online