Originally Posted by KenoVictoryLap
Yeah, "golf is boring" is something people who don't like/don't play golf say. It's the "but how much did you lose?" of golf.
things i believe i know about golf (i.e. **** that may be wrong lol)
- it is expensive to do on a regular basis
- it requires a high degree of coordination/skill/practice
- the activity itself (the workout) is walking from hole to hole. unless you have a cart in which case the activity is swinging the club and hoisting a beer from the cart
- being bad at it is far less fun than being good at it
- the time commitment for 1 round is large
- you have to do it at very specific locations (it's not like you can go to your local y and play golf)
- watching it on tv is about the most boring thing on the planet unless you are extremely into golf
- watching others play it (waiting for your turn for instance) is also quite boring unless you have $ on it or are otherwise invested in other's performance
so yea, seems very boring to me.
amazingly, SKIING has many similar qualities (expensive, can't do it in your backyard, large degree of learning, being bad is less fun than being great) but nobody would ever think to call skiing boring.