Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Notices

Science, Math, and Philosophy Discussions regarding science, math, and/or philosophy.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
einstein humiliating atheist teacher

University professor at a well known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil."

The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?"

The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color.

You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's Inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name - Albert Einstein 7




damn
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 662
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Interesting. Where did you find that story?
PacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
furyshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 10,138
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

how can we prove god isn't evil and goodness is the lack of god? we can measure light but not dark, we can measure heat but not cold, we can't measure god or lack of god unfortunately.
furyshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Stuck in a While loop
 
Jibninjas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bluff-Calling
Posts: 11,476
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoPaco View Post
Interesting. Where did you find that story?
paco,

here is a longer version of this story.

CLICK HERE

this is also a very good extensive site. enjoy
Jibninjas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 662
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Humans can't see without the light and most small children are afraid of the dark. Funny how we grow up and stop being afraid of the dark. Jesus said the little children knew better.
PacoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,044
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoPaco View Post
Interesting. Where did you find that story?
This is a well known story, but what OP forgot to include was the part right after, where Einstein invented a time machine, took his professor back in time and place to a tomb. It was empty! The professor sat down in silence. The tomb's name was...Holy Sepulchre!
IronUnkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher(may not be him really need valid proof)

I got it off online quotes by him or supposed by him. But i am searching for other valid sources. This might not be a true incident. But look at the argument that was put up in the case thats why i posted it.
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Our House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East of Westeros, West of Essos
Posts: 23,401
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

If you found it on the internet, you know it's true...unless it has "lol" written after it.

-- Bill Mayer
Our House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

If God stripped man of all his capabilities and solved all their problems they would be so angry to be treated like a "baby" or a robot. But man gets angry at God for not solving his problems or fixing the evils in the world. Which is it? Man doesnt even know what he wants. Mans confused.

The scientist challenged God to a creativity duel.

So God picked up some sand, blew into it and created man.

The scientist said, "Not bad. Now watch me do the same thing a little differently," Whereupon the scientist picked up some sand.

God stopped him and said, "Wait a minute. Before you start, get your own sand."

We all tell God we are capable of his achievements yet we use his achievements to create ours. Mans confused.
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

To ourhouse:

I did say i didnt know if it was him. Your so fixated on einsteins nuts you didnt look at what was being said. Look at the argument..and stop wondering if that was reallys einsteins nuts or not. There was a point to the story..not the character. Man will always try to find a way to beat around the bush or escape a truth. Its so sick. And bill maher is not a credible source for anything but television propaganda. Hes huge on television propaganda. Ive seen him on propaganda harddddddddddddd. He will tell you something is false just to persuade you meanwhile he knows its true. There is good stuff on the internet just look where your reading and spending your time. I am not saying that quote is really by him it said it was and I dont know. I copied and pasted. I thougth this thread was about the argument in the story not the supposed guy who said it. Its really irrelevant.

Last edited by inhisprime; 10-31-2008 at 03:11 PM.
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,010
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Lol at this being Einstein. It's a made up story.
Justin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kurto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: in your heart
Posts: 17,635
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisprime View Post
If God stripped man of all his capabilities and solved all their problems they would be so angry to be treated like a "baby" or a robot. But man gets angry at God for not solving his problems or fixing the evils in the world. Which is it? Man doesnt even know what he wants. Mans confused.

The scientist challenged God to a creativity duel.

So God picked up some sand, blew into it and created man.

The scientist said, "Not bad. Now watch me do the same thing a little differently," Whereupon the scientist picked up some sand.

God stopped him and said, "Wait a minute. Before you start, get your own sand."

We all tell God we are capable of his achievements yet we use his achievements to create ours. Mans confused.
Why is the scientist duelling an imaginary creature?
kurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmcdmck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: being less of a nit than you
Posts: 6,497
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

wtf is this crap

www.snopes.com showed this to be made up ages ago.

plus its a crap argument anyway. gah im slightly tilted now.

*edit*http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

the actual link
tmcdmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
grinder
 
bigmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 649
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
"In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat."
So it does exist then.
bigmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmcdmck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: being less of a nit than you
Posts: 6,497
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmonkey View Post
So it does exist then.
haha awesome. plus even given the premise that it doesnt, isnt god meant to be omnipresent?
tmcdmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #16
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12,715
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Inspiring to see how the theists flock to a fabricated story.

It's...ironic.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

first of all im no a "theist".

But im done on this post because

A wise man once told me dont argue with fools, because from a distance, they cant tell who is who
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tame_deuces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12,715
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

I wasn't really talking about you. No need to be offended.
tame_deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,029
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisprime View Post
first of all im no a "theist".

But im done on this post because

A wise man once told me dont argue with fools, because from a distance, they cant tell who is who
typical theist troll
thylacine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

No im not talking about you. Im not offended. I am talking about other comments from people in the thread. I just wanted to mention im no theist but do Belive in Yah or a single creator. Einstein might of said it might not. He did chase a false illusion god because he as heavy into the kabballah. His god could be a different one. That was a major reason for his mathematics in the first place. He was into mysticism and thought mathematics was a gateway for communication. But what i posted here was to observe the argument not the guy.


And to thylacine why dont you stop throwing insults and throw facts kid or throw educated opinions that can fuel a talented discussion? come on now insults are for children this is grown man talk on this thread. Leave all the other bs for kiddies and gossip websites. You would be great for a news reporter. Especially for teen magazines.Go report on paris hilton or britany spears.(i couldnt help myself with that insult im done now..lets talk facts)


And to the atheist you keep saying prove God exist, when it should be flipped around, prove God doesnt exist?
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Stuck in a While loop
 
Jibninjas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bluff-Calling
Posts: 11,476
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisprime View Post
If God stripped man of all his capabilities and solved all their problems they would be so angry to be treated like a "baby" or a robot. But man gets angry at God for not solving his problems or fixing the evils in the world. Which is it? Man doesnt even know what he wants. Mans confused.

The scientist challenged God to a creativity duel.

So God picked up some sand, blew into it and created man.

The scientist said, "Not bad. Now watch me do the same thing a little differently," Whereupon the scientist picked up some sand.

God stopped him and said, "Wait a minute. Before you start, get your own sand."

We all tell God we are capable of his achievements yet we use his achievements to create ours. Mans confused.
very funny stuff. where did you get this one? is there like a site of these, or are you just searching yahoo.
Jibninjas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kurto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: in your heart
Posts: 17,635
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisprime View Post
And to the atheist you keep saying prove God exist, when it should be flipped around, prove God doesnt exist?
Can we have one believer come to the forum and not immediately ask people to prove a negative?!?! so many make their introduction to the forum with this crap.

Prove the Greek Gods don't exist.

Prove that we aren't all being manipulated by invisible rabbits right now.

If you can't prove that invisible rabbits aren't controlling you like a puppet then obviously it must be true.
kurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #23
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

And no cold doesnt exist nor does evil. Its your mind in absence to make to believe its "cold" or thats "evil". Your mind is being illusioned to think of unrealistic terms in response to deal with a situation you cannot cope with or do not understand. Mind over matter. If you dont mind it doesnt matter. Its like the word hate. Hate is an unrealistic feeling and irrational perception of a situation or person because you are an absence of love. You are looking to feel a void and its missing so you feel it with something thats not really there to cope with the situation at this moment. Its like getting high. But hey these are the feelings you get when youve been programmed how to think and feel like a matrix programmed from a computer screen by elites.
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #24
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kurto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: in your heart
Posts: 17,635
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurto View Post
Can we have one believer come to the forum and not immediately ask people to prove a negative?!?! so many make their introduction to the forum with this crap.

Prove the Greek Gods don't exist.

Prove that we aren't all being manipulated by invisible rabbits right now.

If you can't prove that invisible rabbits aren't controlling you like a puppet then obviously it must be true.
I wanted to add--
Quote:
just wanted to mention im no theist but do Belive in Yah or a single creator.
In other words, I'm not a theist but I am a theist.
kurto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #25
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 152
Re: einstein humiliating atheist teacher

dude you dont know what truth is. Man tends to not understand something and get so mad they dont know everything so it must be false. Thats mans downfall. Instead of trying to find truth they try to prove negatives. These guys are committing slip up 1's and slip up 2's like in statistics. Just because you dont understand something doesnt mean its true or fals. I believe it to be true. You can beleive it to be false. But thats just anger because your mind is to simple to understand. You dont understand it so anyone else who believes in it is irrational. Man is mad they cant know Gods thoughts. Its like when you first learn a math concept and dont understand it so u go f*** this i hate im done. We have all done this. Instead of tryign to prove negatives try to prove truths because the false will get weaved out. Like before einstein or any of these math guys proved something they thought it could be true and worked hard to find out. Never gave on the concept.

Last edited by inhisprime; 10-31-2008 at 03:27 PM.
inhisprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online