If we have PEEHS for football, baseball, hockey, and even German soccer, I thought it was certainly time for NBA PEEHS to exist!
What is PEEHS?
If you’ve never played PEEHS, it is basically a fun, free futures contest to be revealed as the season goes along. You submit answers that you think will be correct, but also answered by the LEAST number of other contestants.
Being the 1 person to choose your correct >
Being one of many to choose the same correct >>>
Being incorrect, whether you went obscure or obvious
The objective is to have the LOWEST score possible after all 25 questions are revealed. As always, incorrect scoring will be the (SHEEP score) + (# of different correct answers).
How do I enter?
Research is allowed, and you can enter or change your entry up until when the games tip off Wednesday, October 26th.
Anyone can enter by sending me a
SINGLE-SPACED, non-numbered pm
with your answers.
Please correctly spell first and last names for players (“Antetokounmpo” lol), and just use team mascots for team questions. All stats are for the 2016-17 regular season, inclusive of the date specified.
You may only use the same player as an answer for up to TWO
questions. You may use teams as many times as you want.
Special thanks to JMurder3 with help on the questions!
1. Name a team to win their game on Wednesday, October 26th.
2. Name a player with a 10+ assist game in the month of October.
3. Name a player with a 30+ point game by November 12th.
4. Name a team with a top 8 ORtg (points scored per 100 possessions) by November 26th.
5. Name a team with a top 8 DRtg (fewest points allowed per 100 possessions) by December 3rd.
6. Name a player with 36+ steals (~1.5/g) by December 10th.
7. Name a player with a 15+ rebound game by December 17th.
8. Name a player to score 20+ points in a game on Christmas Day
9. Name a player with a True Shooting % of .600+ (min. 300 MP) on January 7th.
10. Name a player in the top 20 in turnovers on January 21st.
11. Name a team to win 10+ games in the month of January (HAWKS Perfect January Memoriam)
12. Name a player with a 28%+ Usage rate (min. 500 MP) by February 11th.
13. Name a team in last place in their division (or tied for last) by the All-Star Break February 16th.
14. Name a player to PLAY in the All-Star Game February 17th.
15. Name a player with .180+ Win Shares per 48 mins (min 10 GP) by March 4th.
16. Name a team in the best 8 for fewest points allowed by March 18th.
17. Name a team that would be a playoff 1-4 seed (either conference) if the season ended on April 1st.
***End of Season Questions***
18. Name a team that makes the playoffs as a 5-8 seed (either conference).
19. Name a team to defeat the Golden State Warriors during the regular season.
20. Name a player who scores 1,640 points (20.0/g) during the regular season.
21. Name a player who has 738 rebounds (9.0/g) during the regular season.
22. Name a player who has 492 assists (6.0/g) during the regular season.
23. Name a player who has 110 blocks (1.34/g) during the regular season.
24. Name a player to make 164 3-pointers (2.0/g) during the regular season.
25. Name a team with a negative point differential (0 = incorrect).
With the popularity of PEEHS on this forum and all the regular TZ posters/lurkers, I think we can get to 75 entrants!
If you plan to eventually enter, post that you're in ITT and I'll remind you as we get closer to the season's start.
Wednesday October 26th schedule:
Christmas Day schedule: