Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #701
MindFckr
Classic Arsenal GHW
 
MindFckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,169
Re: English Football 2017-2018

I so want to do arsenal bets, but I have a feeling that our prices will be a whole lot different once Sanchez ****s off to City :/
MindFckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #702
8bus
veteran
 
8bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,265
Re: English Football 2017-2018

If that does happen prolly offset by no CL

Plus LACA
8bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #703
joejoe1337
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
joejoe1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Posts: 10,497
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bus View Post
I would do something like that but think it would be a bit challenging to come up with a number/odds. You all were gifted a point last year too - actually gifted. Literally two points were given to the spuds in the second match

I would do 4 in of the spirit of betting but again think it's a little more challenging than that

Also don't remember if you're a yank. If you have venmo I'm sure we could figure something out tho
You could just agree to do betfair odds at time of kick off in each game.
joejoe1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #704
thedinergetsby
veteran
 
thedinergetsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: the between
Posts: 2,720
Re: English Football 2017-2018

I'd be happy to do city 4+ in the two PL games agaisnt spurs at evens eltbus.
thedinergetsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #705
TheHip41
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheHip41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 24,980
Re: English Football 2017-2018

In. Spurs time
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #706
mic_check12
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,510
Re: English Football 2017-2018

I've got a new last man standing going too. If you've played before then you've had an email. If you haven't then Pm me for payment info. Anywhere from 100-150 players expected
mic_check12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #707
8bus
veteran
 
8bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,265
Re: English Football 2017-2018

i'll ponder and get back with you

in the meantime i'm watching LOL LA GALAXY run around like a bunch of jackasses
8bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #708
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 49,495
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
Saw he scored for Canada the other night. Has he impressed apart from the goal?
yeah, definitely. he also assisted in that 1st game, then assisted on the lone goal in the 2nd game as well. he's our best active midfielder by a mile, seems like a quality player in this region.

shame that Atiba Hutchinson has taken a hiatus / retired or else we might really be on to something here.
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #709
lukethefluke
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,687
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOstrich View Post
Here are Sporting Index's points spreads:


I'm sure I'll have a couple more bets nearer the time, but for now I'd like Chelsea -1 vs Man U if any United fans want the other side of that for £50? Or would do £5 per point if anyone would prefer it that way
lukethefluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #710
TheStuntman
Pooh-Bah
 
TheStuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,237
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Hey guys, not sure if this is a stupid question or not but thought I ask. So I know right now it's the "offseason" for the major soccer leagues where big transfers are happening. I just read this article with regards to Tottenham possibly selling their young star soccer players ie. Walker and Dier. I know it's customary for the Mid-Tier teams to sell their stars for godly sums of money to the rich teams, but why can't the teams decline and keep the players to challenge for the Champions Cup and league? When a team sells a player, what do they do with the money? Pocket it? How does the rich teams keep getting all this money to buy players? Sponsors? Fans? Governments?
TheStuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #711
bazooka87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bazooka87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mickmacking
Posts: 14,727
Re: English Football 2017-2018

TV deals and sponsorships mostly
bazooka87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:54 AM   #712
joejoe1337
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
joejoe1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Posts: 10,497
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuntman View Post
Hey guys, not sure if this is a stupid question or not but thought I ask. So I know right now it's the "offseason" for the major soccer leagues where big transfers are happening. I just read this article with regards to Tottenham possibly selling their young star soccer players ie. Walker and Dier. I know it's customary for the Mid-Tier teams to sell their stars for godly sums of money to the rich teams, but why can't the teams decline and keep the players to challenge for the Champions Cup and league? When a team sells a player, what do they do with the money? Pocket it? How does the rich teams keep getting all this money to buy players? Sponsors? Fans? Governments?
Spurs still have a midtable mentality so can't help themselves.
joejoe1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:17 AM   #713
martymc1
mcbanned
 
martymc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26,589
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Ready for killing dead things here lads.

I bought a suite 4 months ago, it came with numerous defects (**** support for back - cushion/stuffing not in right place - extra bit of material on it lol). Called the shop straight away and they gave me a replacement (that I've been waiting 4 months on and no discount) which arrived today with 2 big scrapes in the leather.

Just off phone again and they're sending someone to look tomorrow. Will be qualified upholsterer who can repair the scrape wtf?!?!?! This is brand new.

I'm fully within my rights to refuse any alterations to the suite and able to demand a replacement?

Best play to get decent discount for time wasted and **** service?

Last edited by martymc1; 07-18-2017 at 04:22 AM.
martymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #714
martymc1
mcbanned
 
martymc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26,589
Re: English Football 2017-2018

****s also sold me titanium feet (£75) that turned out to be ****ty little rubber things worth a fiver lol. Called sales rep and told him to send someone to collect them or I was bringing the whole thing back.

Of course I misheard when he was explaining they were ****ty bits of rubber. ****ing chancers.
martymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:38 AM   #715
BOIDS
adept
 
BOIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 957
Re: English Football 2017-2018

return the goods, get a refund and dont shop at trotters furniture emporium again

maybe you can squeeze a few quid out of them if you agree to give them another go but they've already mucked it up twice. the next one will prolly be delivered on fire or something
BOIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #716
JoeDiego
Pooh-Bah
 
JoeDiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,687
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Decisions Against United 17-18

Antonio Valencia, the captain of Manchester United, mistimes a challenge and lightly taps some Yank on the calf.
The referee approaches Sir Jose Mourinho, and onvents a new FIFA rule whereby referees can insist on telling managers who to substitute.
Sir Jose tells the referree to get stuffed, in a pique of anger, the referee sends off Valencia.

JoeDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:46 AM   #717
martymc1
mcbanned
 
martymc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26,589
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Then I'm left with no suite to sit on while I wait for new one from new shop to arrive. Can take months ffs.

Hoping I can get a nice discount and the one defective part replaced. I'll be demanding this tbh.
martymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 AM   #718
BOIDS
adept
 
BOIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 957
Re: English Football 2017-2018

k but be prepared to demand a refund and walk away if they offer you a discount of £0 and act like they're doing you a massive favour by putting it right
BOIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #719
martymc1
mcbanned
 
martymc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26,589
Re: English Football 2017-2018

martymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #720
BOIDS
adept
 
BOIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 957
Re: English Football 2017-2018

jd have we ever had your thoughts on the mourinho appointment
BOIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:13 AM   #721
JoeDiego
Pooh-Bah
 
JoeDiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,687
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIDS View Post
jd have we ever had your thoughts on the mourinho appointment
Was inevitable once Moyes imploded. I wanted Moyes because I wanted us to remain a club where the manager aims to stay for 10+ seasons but Fergie/the board made a huge error by not imposing Phelan and/or Meulensteen on him in an attempt at continuity. Also he/Ed fcked up the transfer market, not just by only signing big Marouane but by not immediately getting rid of all the dead wood - Rio, Vidic, Rafael, Anderson, Fletcher, Kagawa, Buttner, Rooney etc.

It's so strange - Moyes shunned continuity by axing all backroom staff, but decided to have maximum dressing room continuity, keeping Fergie's squad in totality and only adding one player from his old club.

After that LVG was only ever going to be 2-3 seasons max because of his age.

Half of our fanbase wanted Mourinho, and never stopped wanting Mourinho, I feel like this is something we just can't avoid. It's gratifying that Chelsea's greatest ever manager was desperate not to have to re-join Chelsea in 13-14 because he wanted to go to United. He finally got his wish.

And to be fair to him he has been sensational. We had the 2nd best season of all English clubs last season, and hopefully this season we can go one better and have the best.
JoeDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:17 AM   #722
Cinarocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Cinarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ruining spuds dreams
Posts: 9,698
Re: English Football 2017-2018



ROMELU

Last edited by Cinarocket; 07-18-2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: that touch of a rapist doing work on both goals
Cinarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:19 AM   #723
BOIDS
adept
 
BOIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 957
Re: English Football 2017-2018

are you at all worried that he might end up getting sacked for being in 16th place during december again
BOIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:19 AM   #724
joejoe1337
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
joejoe1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Posts: 10,497
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiego View Post
Was inevitable once Moyes imploded. I wanted Moyes because I wanted us to remain a club where the manager aims to stay for 10+ seasons but Fergie/the board made a huge error by not imposing Phelan and/or Meulensteen on him in an attempt at continuity. Also he/Ed fcked up the transfer market, not just by only signing big Marouane but by not immediately getting rid of all the dead wood - Rio, Vidic, Rafael, Anderson, Fletcher, Kagawa, Buttner, Rooney etc.

It's so strange - Moyes shunned continuity by axing all backroom staff, but decided to have maximum dressing room continuity, keeping Fergie's squad in totality and only adding one player from his old club.

After that LVG was only ever going to be 2-3 seasons max because of his age.

Half of our fanbase wanted Mourinho, and never stopped wanting Mourinho, I feel like this is something we just can't avoid. It's gratifying that Chelsea's greatest ever manager was desperate not to have to re-join Chelsea in 13-14 because he wanted to go to United. He finally got his wish.

And to be fair to him he has been sensational. We had the 2nd best season of all English clubs last season, and hopefully this season we can go one better and have the best.
This is easy to say in hindsight but, having just won the league, can you imagine the reaction had Moyes cleared out all the fan favourites and things hadn't gone perfectly? It also wasn't obvious at the time that players like Rooney, Kagawa, and Rafael were dead wood. Hell, considering the mileage you got from Scholes/Giggs, most fans probably wouldn't have thought Rio/Vidic were done.

Do agree wrt backroom staff though.

LOL at the bolded
joejoe1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:27 AM   #725
JoeDiego
Pooh-Bah
 
JoeDiego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 4,687
Re: English Football 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe1337 View Post
This is easy to say in hindsight but, having just won the league, can you imagine the reaction had Moyes cleared out all the fan favourites and things hadn't gone perfectly? It also wasn't obvious at the time that players like Rooney, Kagawa, and Rafael were dead wood. Hell, considering the mileage you got from Scholes/Giggs, most fans probably wouldn't have thought Rio/Vidic were done.

Do agree wrt backroom staff though.

LOL at the bolded
1) I was probably harsh on Rafa. Actually I was. 12-13 was his best season, genius Moyesey started Phil Jones ahead of him. Rooney, Rio and Vidic were the most obvious sales/releases. Moyes sent Evans, Smalling and Jones backwards by thinking RIO/VIDIC was his first choice pairing. Fergie had already laid the groundwork for moving big Wayne on - he knew he was past his prime and was taking up space that was restricting our forward play. Moyes took it upon himself to be the hero that kept Roon.

2) "LOL at the bolded". Man you've been conditioned by Sky Sports to think that 4th and nothing is somehow an achievement. What a shame.

Best Season:

1 - Chelsea obvz - Premier League, Champions League Qualfiers
2 - Man Utd - Europa League, League Cup, Champions League Qualifiers
3 - Arsenal - FA Cup, Europa League Qualifiers
4 - Spurs - Champions League Qualifiers
5 - Liverpool - Champions League Qualifiers
6 - Man City - Champions League Qualifiers

Liverpool above City because of level of expectations coming in. LOLPEP
JoeDiego is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online