Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Omaha/8 Discussions of Omaha High-Low Split (Eight or Better) Poker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
LUCIUS VARENUS
Soldier of Minbet
 
LUCIUS VARENUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 10,214
FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Tournament - t150/t300 Limit - 5 players - View hand 3030115
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t6536 43.57 BBs
SB: t4650 31 BBs
Hero (BB): t3000 20 BBs
UTG: t1781 11.87 BBs
CO: t455 3.03 BBs

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with 9 A 8 8
1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: (3 SB) 6 6 J (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, CO folds, SB calls

Turn: (2.5 BB) A (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (2.5 BB) 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls
LUCIUS VARENUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
RichGangi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RichGangi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unearned income my a**!
Posts: 7,266
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Depends on SBs tendencies. In a vacuum, I don't hate it.
RichGangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
monikrazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
monikrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 23,512
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Its thin but can be ok, villain should have virtually no aa/jj/6 unless he planned to xr turn, even then he will lead river most of the time

Kk/qq/jj/tt/99 should never fold but you will get action from worse pairs and rarely ak

If villain is very trappy just checkback raise is a disaster
monikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
NickMPK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,149
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

I feel like in a $2 tournament you'll get action from someone holding an A and thinking they have a full house.
NickMPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
Matt_PBA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 302
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Question: Would a raise post flop been terrible? Or is there no chance anyone would have folded? Thinning the field is a good thing, correct. Or is it just standard to see a flop cheaply three handed with this hand. Thanks.
Matt_PBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #6
LUCIUS VARENUS
Soldier of Minbet
 
LUCIUS VARENUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 10,214
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PBA View Post
Question: Would a raise post flop been terrible? Or is there no chance anyone would have folded? Thinning the field is a good thing, correct. Or is it just standard to see a flop cheaply three handed with this hand. Thanks.
do you mean preflop?

if so, the players in the hand had already called, so there is no chance they will fold to a raise. that almost never happens in limit poker flop games preflop.

not only that, it's a fairly bad starting hand, although there are many worse, so i don't really want to voluntarily put in any more chips than i have to.

postflop, i bet my two pair on the flop to try and take the pot down. it was kind of a bluff, but sometimes i am ahead. if i am called, it's unlikely i am ahead though. but i do protect my hand by betting.

it was a good flop to try this on because it's unlikely to have helped my opponents
LUCIUS VARENUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #7
Matt_PBA
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 302
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCIUS VARENUS View Post
do you mean preflop?

if so, the players in the hand had already called, so there is no chance they will fold to a raise. that almost never happens in limit poker flop games preflop.

not only that, it's a fairly bad starting hand, although there are many worse, so i don't really want to voluntarily put in any more chips than i have to.

postflop, i bet my two pair on the flop to try and take the pot down. it was kind of a bluff, but sometimes i am ahead. if i am called, it's unlikely i am ahead though. but i do protect my hand by betting.

it was a good flop to try this on because it's unlikely to have helped my opponents
Yes I meant post flop. I was just thinking it gives you control, but I could be wrong.
Matt_PBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #8
Hero Value
BBV Series Inaugural Champ
 
Hero Value's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,966
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PBA View Post
Yes I meant post flop. I was just thinking it gives you control, but I could be wrong.
Lol.
Hero Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:36 PM   #9
leavesofliberty
Pooh-Bah
 
leavesofliberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Without the powers of Deep Blue
Posts: 4,999
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMPK View Post
I feel like in a $2 tournament you'll get action from someone holding an A and thinking they have a full house.
+1
leavesofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:49 AM   #10
amok
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: plotown
Posts: 1,674
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Value View Post
Lol.
+1
amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #11
Truthiness24
veteran
 
Truthiness24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 3,044
Re: FLO8 - River value bet in tournament?

I like the line.
Truthiness24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online