Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Other Topics > Politics

Notices

Politics political discourse

View Poll Results: Are you for or against government healthcare
I am for it 162 53.64%
I am against it 140 46.36%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #176
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

So your point is what then? He had insurance so ___________________? fill in that blank.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #177
Carpal Tunnel
 
jjshabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,174
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

lolwut? Is this how the forum works now - my opinion and point has to fit into a stupid little fill in the blank that you provide?
jjshabado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #178
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

You have a whole huge text box to write WHATEVER YOU WANT that was just a suggestion. Please, elaborate. If you want to post a youtube with you explaining your point via interpretive dance that's fine too.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #179
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: This just seems ridiculous to Mat
Posts: 36,685
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
So your point is what then? He had insurance so ___________________? fill in that blank.
Are you in favor of any government role in health care or health insurance, or do you believe that the free market is best suited to handle it?
Namath12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #180
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
[Phill]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 52,175
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
These back and forths go easier when you use less pictures and as many words as possible.

Fwiw i get your point, i just think its undermined if its not proven that the government is to blame. Cos otherwise the "health insurance is expensive yo" thread is found somewhere else, BBV i guess.
[Phill] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #181
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington View Post
Are you in favor of any government role in health care or health insurance, or do you believe that the free market is best suited to handle the matter?
My answer to this doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion.

Suzzer and jj both were implying that bk should shut up because he managed to mittigate a $70k bill. That's a bogus argument whether I think the government should be involved or not.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #182
Carpal Tunnel
 
jjshabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,174
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
You have a whole huge text box to write WHATEVER YOU WANT that was just a suggestion. Please, elaborate. If you want to post a youtube with you explaining your point via interpretive dance that's fine too.
Just learn to read. If you still can't understand the point after this, I'm not going to help you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkholdem View Post
It's pretty whack as the costs of my healthcare for my family is putting me in the poor house. Another great government program that is f ing me over....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjshabado
You're missing my point. I'm not saying he can't complain about how the government takes money out. I'm saying he can't BLAME the government for his current financial situation.
jjshabado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #183
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: This just seems ridiculous to Mat
Posts: 36,685
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
My answer to this doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion.
Well yeah, either that or it's the entire point of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Suzzer and jj both were implying that bk should shut up because he managed to mittigate a $70k bill. That's a bogus argument whether I think the government should be involved or not.
Yeah I get that you were trolling suzzer and jj and phill, that was obvious, I was just curious if you had any input on the topic beyond that.
Namath12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #184
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Double wow. OK, i'm only allowed to post on what you consider "the point of the thread"???

Pointing out stupid, ill-formed arguments is "trolling"???
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #185
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,480
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogsxyz View Post
ILOVEPOKER929, what's you point? Government insurance will just be insurance by private companies. The government won't be the actual insurer blindly processing all claims directly from individuals.
A " balanced " gouvermant insurance is far away from a private company.
They simple do the same job without profit, regulate the industry for limited profit and describe exactly what is paid and what not.

With there market power they can cut the health cost easy 30-50% and additional there is enough free space for private insurers that offer additional treatment like 3D printed teeth, single room in hospital......

OK that all would be a bad message for the employees in the insurance and health business.
solucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #186
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: This just seems ridiculous to Mat
Posts: 36,685
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Double wow. OK, i'm only allowed to post on what you consider "the point of the thread"???
Obviously you're "allowed" to post whatever LC bits of sniping you want. It's a free country and what not. I'm just curious if you have a position on the subject beyond that.
Namath12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #187
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington View Post
Obviously you're "allowed" to post whatever LC bits of sniping you want. It's a free country and what not. I'm just curious if you have a position on the subject beyond that.
Good lord. So you agree it was irrelevant to the discussion *I was engaged in*?

I like this technique.

Find thread where discussion isn't strictly adhering to OP
jump in randomly
create pointless sidejack

A+++
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #188
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 72,872
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

A+ job gunking up this thread and distracting from the complete nonsensicalness of bk's post pvn. wp

I mean there are so many things wrong with his argument and naked assertions where something something = govt bad, it hurts my head just thinking about them.

The main one being his blind rage at a system where the state tries to extend to all of it's citizens a system in which he himself was lucky enough to get $70k worth of life-saving care for his infant w/o having to go bankrupt to pay for it. How dare they! That's for certain kinds of govt and corporate workers only. The rest can pound sand.

Last edited by suzzer99; 01-18-2012 at 01:55 PM.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #189
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
A+ job gunking up this thread and distracting from the complete nonsensicalness of bk's post pvn. wp

I mean there are so many things wrong with his argument and naked assertions where something something = govt bad, it hurts my head just thinking about them.

The main one being his blind rage at a system where the state tries to extend to all of it's citizens a system in which he himself was lucky enough to get $70k worth of life-saving care for his infant w/o having to go bankrupt to pay for it. How dare they! That's for certain kinds of govt and corporate workers only. The rest can pound sand.
Lol resultsorientedaments

Imagine if he hadn't said that he incurred the $70k event. How would you dismiss his post then?
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #190
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: This just seems ridiculous to Mat
Posts: 36,685
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
A+ job gunking up this thread and distracting from the complete nonsensicalness of bk's post pvn. wp
Indeed. Maybe in another 10k posts or so we'll find out if he's for or against it, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Good lord. So you agree it was irrelevant to the discussion *I was engaged in*?

I like this technique.

Find thread where discussion isn't strictly adhering to OP
jump in randomly
create pointless sidejack

A+++
Indeed. Me asking you for your personal thoughts about the topic = "pointless sidejack"
Namath12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #191
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington View Post
Indeed. Me asking you for your personal thoughts about the topic = "pointless sidejack"
You should go back and read how you posted it in context.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #192
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 72,872
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

IE - just another variation on your favorite reply - "lol at you".

The pvn "see if you can guess why you're wrong" game is always so fun.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #193
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 72,872
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Bottom line bk's attitude itt pretty well sums up the libertarian philosophy of "what's mine is mine and if you don't like that **** you".

Just because I got my preemie treated without having to go bankrupt, and just because every other developed nation people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over something like that, doesn't mean I'm not going to be SCREAMING MAD if I perceive one penny of my money somehow going towards a system that tries to make health care more equitable for the self-employed or people who work for small businesses. (Like exists in every other advanced country - and Mass and HI.)

Mine mine mine. When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #194
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ErikTheDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: just outside your peripheral vision
Posts: 9,124
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
1492
ErikTheDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #195
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 63,294
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Bottom line bk's attitude itt pretty well sums up the libertarian philosophy of "what's mine is mine and if you don't like that **** you".

Just because I got my preemie treated without having to go bankrupt, and just because every other developed nation people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over something like that, doesn't mean I'm not going to be SCREAMING MAD if I perceive one penny of my money somehow going towards a system that tries to make health care more equitable for the self-employed or people who work for small businesses. (Like exists in every other advanced country - and Mass and HI.)

Mine mine mine. When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Imagine if he hadn't said that he incurred the $70k event. How would you dismiss his post then?


honestly suzzer this is horrible even for you. you usually at least try to show that the poster is factually incorrect but that fell apart so now you're just going to throw a tantrum?
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #196
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Bottom line bk's attitude itt pretty well sums up the libertarian philosophy of "what's mine is mine and if you don't like that **** you".

Just because I got my preemie treated without having to go bankrupt, and just because every other developed nation people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over something like that, doesn't mean I'm not going to be SCREAMING MAD if I perceive one penny of my money somehow going towards a system that tries to make health care more equitable for the self-employed or people who work for small businesses. (Like exists in every other advanced country - and Mass and HI.)

Mine mine mine. When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
Yeah, it shouldn't be based on income, it should be based on who your employer happens to be. Congrats Suzzer, your a champion for the poor!
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #197
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Lol resultsorientedaments

Imagine if he hadn't said that he incurred the $70k event. How would you dismiss his post then?
It did happen to be an anomoly that is irrelevant to my point.

I simply don't hide information about my situation or beliefs the way Suzzer does.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #198
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Bottom line bk's attitude itt pretty well sums up the libertarian philosophy of "what's mine is mine and if you don't like that **** you".

Just because I got my preemie treated without having to go bankrupt, and just because every other developed nation people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over something like that, doesn't mean I'm not going to be SCREAMING MAD if I perceive one penny of my money somehow going towards a system that tries to make health care more equitable for the self-employed or people who work for small businesses. (Like exists in every other advanced country - and Mass and HI.)

Mine mine mine. When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
You realize your attacking a formerly homeless person who pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps rather than relying on gov't to give me a living, right?
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #199
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 7,114
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Bottom line bk's attitude itt pretty well sums up the libertarian philosophy of "what's mine is mine and if you don't like that **** you".

Just because I got my preemie treated without having to go bankrupt, and just because every other developed nation people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over something like that, doesn't mean I'm not going to be SCREAMING MAD if I perceive one penny of my money somehow going towards a system that tries to make health care more equitable for the self-employed or people who work for small businesses. (Like exists in every other advanced country - and Mass and HI.)

Mine mine mine. When did pure selfishness become such a virtue in this country?
Suzzer, I know you like to discourage working, but can't you agree to a degree that what's his is his. aka- we should get off the backs of the rich/ hard working/ most efficient/ most intelligent/ what ever else you want to call them and fend for ourselves a little.
bahbahmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #200
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Are you for or against government healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Suzzer, I know you like to discourage working, but can't you agree to a degree that what's his is his. aka- we should get off the backs of the rich/ hard working/ most efficient/ most intelligent/ what ever else you want to call them and fend for ourselves a little.
The rich lol I was severly abused as a child and was homeless at age 25. The government tried to put me on govenment handouts but I worked my ass off to be an employee. Now I'm a working poor person and Suzzer, the champion of the underclass, is attacking me hahaha
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online