Originally Posted by FreakDaddy
Hypothetically, let's say privatized schools "outperform" public schools in math, reading...
Do we want to be teaching people things like this:
3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."
5. Slave masters were nice guys
6. The KKK was A-OK:
11. Abstract algebra is too dang complicated:
And before you argue, just to argue, can you really give it some honest thought?
"We" aren't involved. It's none of our business.
I definitely don't like teaching children those things, but I don't think that gives me the right to force others to do things my way. If I did, I would make it illegal for you to teach your children:
1. That there's a jolly fat man dressed in red who breaks into your home and gives you free stuff.
2. That there's a fairy that gives you money if you leave your teeth under your pillow.
Do you propose outlawing religion? That's the logical conclusion of your position.
Do you agree with forcibly taking Christian children and making them go to Muslim schools? That's entirely equivalent to forcing them to go to secular schools in my book.
The only reason you started this thread is because you're an arrogant jackass who is so certain that your beliefs are "right" and "better" than everyone else's that you think you're justified in using force to impose your beliefs on others....
... and that makes your behavior equivalent to that of a Spanish Inquisitor.
Feel free to preach your beliefs to the world all you want, but when you decide that you're going to use force to make people follow them, GTFO.