Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #76
Anais
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Anais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,666
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizona View Post
The tards work for TSA and whichever government agency started this whole BS. I blame dual US-Israeli citizen Michael Chertoff, but this is where I stop posting because I know what comes next.

God Bless the good old USA... hopefully we can save her from this nightmare, but based on the reactions of others... there is little hope anymore. Brainwashdodo's.
And they post in this thread? Or does 'itt' mean something else?
Anais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #77
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,264
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizona View Post
The tards work for TSA and whichever government agency started this whole BS. I blame dual US-Israeli citizen Michael Chertoff, but this is where I stop posting because I know what comes next.

God Bless the good old USA... hopefully we can save her from this nightmare, but based on the reactions of others... there is little hope anymore. Brainwashdodo's.
Blame the Jews
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #78
General Tsao
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
General Tsao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: trembling in fear of tomdemaine
Posts: 30,480
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais View Post
Yes, thanks.

A majority of republicans in office were against the scanners even when Bush was president.
General Tsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #79
tomdemaine
Just tries harder
 
tomdemaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Social Justice Rogue
Posts: 17,043
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

I think that the correct play is to opt for the patdown and just start moaning halfway through.
tomdemaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #80
cres
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,340
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

A When Harry met Sally moment.
cres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #81
Luckbox Inc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Luckbox Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28,268
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

How is this about partisan politics?

The scanners started under Bush and they're continuing under Obama. It'll certainly be interesting to see if any of the more mainline Republicans try and make political hay as a result of this— but I doubt they will. Clearly, subjugating the American people is a bipartisan effort.
Luckbox Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #82
cres
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,340
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc View Post
How is this about partisan politics?
Its not, the entrenched bureaucracy is the driver of these "inspections"
cres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #83
Slowroll The Nuts
banned
 
Slowroll The Nuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Constantly 3-Bet Folding
Posts: 159
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

How come everyone on this forum here seems to hate on conservatives?
Slowroll The Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #84
tomdemaine
Just tries harder
 
tomdemaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Social Justice Rogue
Posts: 17,043
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowroll The Nuts View Post
How come everyone on this forum here seems to hate on conservatives?
They don't. They hate on reactionary bigoted morons. The two are not necessarily equivalent.
tomdemaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #85
Luckbox Inc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Luckbox Inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28,268
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by cres View Post
Its not, the entrenched bureaucracy is the driver of these "inspections"
I disagree with this. Its not like this has been the status quo that is only just now getting media play. This is all new. There are still only 200-300 something machines at airports in the U.S., and they are planning on installing hundreds more in the next few years. The Obama administration clearly has to the power to put a curb on this and isn't.
Luckbox Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #86
Brian J
TOTP Master
 
Brian J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Posts: 10,650
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaut1 View Post
wat? Okay, so, back to what I actually wrote: tom wrote about how conservatives "seem against" this level of security. I posted that no, actually, some are perfectly fine with it, and those are aren't actually aren't adhering to a normative principle, they're just upset the state is making everyone (and just not scary dark people) go through security theater.
the typical conservative claim on talk radio goes something like this: "i saw a TSA agent making an old lady get out of a wheelchair to be frisked and then a guy with a long beard and turban walks right through."

you can ad the "scary dark narrative" to it, whatever, that's your normal fall back and it's you adding that. To me and others its about assigning risk to the groups who are most prone to be doing whatever it is you are supposed to be screening for and whatever their nationality, skin color or religion then who gives a flying ****. Now does that make me or you more obsessed with race?

Quote:
Now we're just onto you being indignant that I think a lot of the right easily manipulated racists and bigots who respond to right wing media types racist dog whistles? That's cool too, I guess.
This has seemed like a Drudge driven thing and he's always been more libertarian than conservative so whatever. He likes to try to drive issues that offend him. My issue with you guys is everything is an apparent racial dog whistle, especially when you are losing.

Quote:
I mean a bunch of the rhetoric isn't even dog whistles. Go watch that Hannity/Malkin video. She openly declares that she's in favor of draconian security measures, so long as the TSA agents discriminate beforehand, and only apply the security measures to foreigners. Drudge's photo today, as YOU conceded, was basically "oh noes the Muslims feelin up the Christians, WTF AMERICA!!"
I could give a flying flip about Hannipie but i have heard Malkin enough (who is not white) to know that she believes that we should profile. She thinks they should know who is suspect (higher risk) before they get to the airport and only those in a suspect pool should be subject to further scrutiny beyond passing through normal checkpoints. I don't know if she wants them all felt up and radioactive from xrays.

Quote:
So, is it:

- the right wing media types like Malkin and Drudge aren't making racist appeals? Like I invented that all in my mind?
- or the right wing media types are making racist appeals, but the right wing hoi polloi, like the freepers and yahoo commenters et al cited, aren't responsive to it?
- something else?
I thought it was a bigoted appeal? Meh, i don't know but I do know if it was Mexicans flying planes into buildings and trying to down jet liners i would not get offended if Mexicans got a lot extra pre security. In fact i'd be pointing my rage at those in my race causing me to get the extra screening.
Brian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #87
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Shirley
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 83,819
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

You're right, of course. There are no downsides to profiling. I mean, it's not like the Muslims could ever find a white female who'd get through security unchecked to do their dirty work. Not a chance.
MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #88
DVaut1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DVaut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 27,492
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taso View Post
This is an unsurprisingly stupid post. I am not identifying myself with the conservatives in this country, nor am I defending the conservatives. I was criticizing YOUR post for being garbage. Your criticism of conservatives based on the comments of a few conservatives was stupid. Now, you shouldn't complain when people criticize liberals based on the comments of a few liberals, that's all I'm saying. It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with your particular brand of posting, which is nothing more than weak criticisms of groups based on weak evidence and the usual nit-picking crap.
This is the stuff that I think leads everyone to believe you've just got a weird fixation on defending this stuff; "a few conservatives"? "Nit-picking?" "weak evidence"? Sounds all like hand-wavy apolgetics to me, in the guise of moral outrage about my conduct.

As I said, if this is just weak nit picking of a few conservatives, I'll ask again, for like the fifth time: which right wingers am I not accounting for? Whose views am I not taking into account here? ACCEPTING THE PREMISE I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU OR RON PAUL.

Can I add that as a signature to my posts. Like I want a line at the end of every single one of my politics posts that reads "Assume I am not talking about Ron Paul or taso unless otherwise explicitly referenced" just to avoid taso's assumptions I'm talking about him or his heros.
DVaut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #89
cres
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
cres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,340
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc View Post
I disagree with this. Its not like this has been the status quo that is only just now getting media play. This is all new. There are still only 200-300 something machines at airports in the U.S., and they are planning on installing hundreds more in the next few years. The Obama administration clearly has to the power to put a curb on this and isn't.
Its not new, the machines are, but not the secondary extra screening. In 2003 I upgraded my seat in Nashville. At the gate, after security, I was personally checked along with my bags, wanded and pat down. The guy beside me at the table went through the same procedure. Turns out we were both seated in the front of the plane, both had upgrades.

Now every time there is a new smuggler the security goes up. If any politician puts a halt to the screenings, and there is an incident, their political life is over. They act on the recommendations of the TSA for the most part.

The big question is who has the chutzpah to accept the next event.
cres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #90
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 53,815
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J View Post
the typical conservative claim on talk radio goes something like this: "i saw a TSA agent making an old lady get out of a wheelchair to be frisked and then a guy with a long beard and turban walks right through."

you can ad the "scary dark narrative" to it, whatever, that's your normal fall back and it's you adding that. To me and others its about assigning risk to the groups who are most prone to be doing whatever it is you are supposed to be screening for and whatever their nationality, skin color or religion then who gives a flying ****. Now does that make me or you more obsessed with race?
Well, you're advocating for explicitly race-based security measures... so you? That was a pretty easy question.

Quote:
This has seemed like a Drudge driven thing and he's always been more libertarian than conservative so whatever. He likes to try to drive issues that offend him. My issue with you guys is everything is an apparent racial dog whistle, especially when you are losing.
Dude these aren't dog whistles. They are regular whistles. There's no dog whistle in "I think Arabs should have fewer civil rights than everyone else."

Quote:
I thought it was a bigoted appeal? Meh, i don't know but I do know if it was Mexicans flying planes into buildings and trying to down jet liners i would not get offended if Mexicans got a lot extra pre security. In fact i'd be pointing my rage at those in my race causing me to get the extra screening.
I wonder if Taso is still reading this thread.
FlyWf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #91
Brian J
TOTP Master
 
Brian J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Posts: 10,650
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie View Post
You're right, of course. There are no downsides to profiling. I mean, it's not like the Muslims could ever find a white female who'd get through security unchecked to do their dirty work. Not a chance.
I love that! "You can't profile because one day they are going to use a white guy/girl or an old lady in a wheelchair!" I mean it's not like they haven't had their chances right, i'm sure there are tons of white chicks in line looking to become martyrs for their 72 virgins...
Brian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #92
.Alex.
Pooh-Bah
 
.Alex.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Playa del Carmen
Posts: 4,972
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taso View Post
This is an unsurprisingly stupid post. I am not identifying myself with the conservatives in this country, nor am I defending the conservatives. I was criticizing YOUR post for being garbage. Your criticism of conservatives based on the comments of a few conservatives was stupid. Now, you shouldn't complain when people criticize liberals based on the comments of a few liberals, that's all I'm saying. It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with your particular brand of posting, which is nothing more than weak criticisms of groups based on weak evidence and the usual nit-picking crap.
Stop acting like this is a fringe political position that dvaut is attacking. These are the conservative leaders today: Palin, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Oreilly. Look at the newseek $ numbers. Look at the type of people winning primaries. Hannity and Malkin's discussion is the exact reasoning the vast majority of conservatives use, the polls/quotes are out there! This is not analogous to claiming liberals want to ban violent video games because Joe Lieberman said so. If you can't criticize members of a group based on the public figures they align themselves with then what's the point of party affiliation anyway?
.Alex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #93
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Shirley
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 83,819
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J View Post
I love that! "You can't profile because one day they are going to use a white guy/girl or an old lady in a wheelchair!" I mean it's not like they haven't had their chances right, i'm sure there are tons of white chicks in line looking to become martyrs for their 72 virgins...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_suicide_bomber
MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #94
Brian J
TOTP Master
 
Brian J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Posts: 10,650
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie View Post
this is about as useful as that link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFa...eature=related
Brian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #95
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,384
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

As someone in a wheelchair who travels a decent amount I will say the security peopleare incredibly reasonable everywhere I have been. They have to take me to the side and do a manual pat down. They are professional and I have never experienced the slightest issue.
samsonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #96
Slowroll The Nuts
banned
 
Slowroll The Nuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Constantly 3-Bet Folding
Posts: 159
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
As someone in a wheelchair who travels a decent amount I will say the security peopleare incredibly reasonable everywhere I have been. They have to take me to the side and do a manual pat down. They are professional and I have never experienced the slightest issue.
Still its a big joke overall
Slowroll The Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #97
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Shirley
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 83,819
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian J View Post
this is about as useful as that link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFa...eature=related
Let the record show that Brian J thinks that the only people who could be terrorists are non-white males.
MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #98
MrWookie
Don't Call Me Shirley
 
MrWookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Treating my drinking problem.
Posts: 83,819
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

And that non-white males should have fewer rights than Real Americans.
MrWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #99
Brian J
TOTP Master
 
Brian J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Posts: 10,650
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

???

let the record show that Brian J is not white
Brian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #100
Slowroll The Nuts
banned
 
Slowroll The Nuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Constantly 3-Bet Folding
Posts: 159
Re: The TSA - Fondling your junk, for safety

Tried to link something from CNN, some guy working for TSA comes out and says that all people must go through this because of potential Al Kadas. This is after some story of a passanger who refused to go through the scanners. Then the TSA people said he would have to pay a 10k fine and possible legal action etc if he didnt go through the screening.
Slowroll The Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online