Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #76
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12,848
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Some toad on CNN called Trump presidential again today.
wheatrich is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #77
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicitus View Post
Largely agree with Clovis and suspect Bannon/Miller more racist than Palin, but I am not and do not wish to become an expert on Sarah Palin. (Though Bannon did believe SP was the vanguard for the movement he wanted and made a hagiography about her.)
I have much less doubt about Bannon\Miller's membership as actual white supremacists but don't know enough to be sure.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #78
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
FYP
Hmm...does Trump play hardball and try to pawn off that other daughter?
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #79
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ITT
Posts: 13,104
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by th14 View Post
Palin used a famous white power slogan to praise a Trump white nationalism speech, and people observed "14 words is a white power slogan," that's it. It's nutty to demand people not remark on such a thing.
Says the guy w 14 in his name ! 😦
markksman is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #80
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicitus View Post
Largely agree with Clovis and suspect Bannon/Miller more racist than Palin, but I am not and do not wish to become an expert on Sarah Palin. (Though Bannon did believe SP was the vanguard for the movement he wanted and made a hagiography about her.)
I'm not an expert but I always thought Palin was the alt-rights first attempt at using a useful idiot as a Trojan horse. When that failed they found Trump, the king of all useful idiots.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #81
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
Says the guy w 14 in his name ! 😦
Made me laugh.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #82
prana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
prana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,452
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
The tea party was an economic small government movement.
This is what originally caught my attention.


prana is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #83
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by prana View Post
This is what originally caught my attention.
I don't understand your point. No idea when that photo is from and I already noted there was some overlap. That doesn't make the two movements equivalent.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #84
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuv View Post
Out of curiosity, as I dont know - Who are the ****ing Young Cons?
Well, they're ****ty, that's for sure. The one headline they had that I found interesting enough to check out was:

Quote:
Missiouri Reduces Minimum Wage From $10 to $7.70 After Increase Fails to Deliver Results
The minimum wage had been raised for 2 months before they took it back.
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #85
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The Tea Party was just a front for the Koch Brothers who found white power actually more popular than lowering taxes on billionaires and eliminating environmental regulations. I'm going to intentionally not cite anything about this in order to trigger the raised by wolves, we're supposed to be the party of evidence and not the conspiracy theorist response.
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #86
stinkubus
old hand
 
stinkubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,800
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
Because there is no evidence she is white supremacist other than she is a member of the republican party.

This kind of dumb stuff and posting that fake letter from bannon this week really bring into question our claim of being the side of logic and reason.
Bolded is all the evidence you need, brother.
stinkubus is online now  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #87
stinkubus
old hand
 
stinkubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,800
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
I don't understand your point. No idea when that photo is from and I already noted there was some overlap. That doesn't make the two movements equivalent.
That's the **** that goes on at "Tea Party" rallies, dude. It's just clandestine neo-confederate bull****. That essentially *IS* the GOP's grassroots. Why do you think they're so pissed? The Bushes and the Romneys of the world sold them out.
stinkubus is online now  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #88
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 53,920
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The alt-right and the Tea Party are different, but in 2017 **** giving Palin the benefit of the doubt.

Why should we give YOU the benefit of the doubt? Calling the tea party "small government conservatives" instead of racists is a pretty big ****ing tell.

LOL this dude's "raised by wolves" defense of Sarah Palin is about to get deployed for himself, guaranteed.
FlyWf is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #89
prana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
prana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,452
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Remember this small government themed ad:

https://thinkprogress.org/tea-party-...d-f971f5894eec

Oh **** I'm guilty of nonTrump talk itt now.
prana is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #90
Yuv
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,497
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
Well, they're ****ty, that's for sure. The one headline they had that I found interesting enough to check out was:



The minimum wage had been raised for 2 months before they took it back.
I wasn't under the impression that they are pulitzer winning journalists. I've never heard of the site and I thought FlyWf's post implied that it's well known for more than being ****ty.
Yuv is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #91
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 53,920
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuv View Post
I wasn't under the impression that they are pulitzer winning journalists. I've never heard of the site and I thought FlyWf's post implied that it's well known for more than being ****ty.
No, pretty much that, they are like baby's first Breitbart, a dumber version of any of the other right wing agitprop sites
FlyWf is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #92
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWf View Post
The alt-right and the Tea Party are different, but in 2017 **** giving Palin the benefit of the doubt.

Why should we give YOU the benefit of the doubt? Calling the tea party "small government conservatives" instead of racists is a pretty big ****ing tell.

LOL this dude's "raised by wolves" defense of Sarah Palin is about to get deployed for himself, guaranteed.
Lol where did I say that? In fact, I said the exact opposite.

Let's play logic puzzle.

Some tea party members are alt-right but not all alt-right members are tea party members.

Granted the two have merged more since Trump but the tea party certainly did not start as a racist movement.

The fact that you imply I am some kind of alt-right supporter, after my posting history itt, simply because I argue for a tiny but of nuance really shows this side has members no better than the posters on /theDonald.
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #93
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuv View Post
I wasn't under the impression that they are pulitzer winning journalists. I've never heard of the site and I thought FlyWf's post implied that it's well known for more than being ****ty.
I had never heard of them either.
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #94
Clovis8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Having a beer with Charles Darwin
Posts: 12,459
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbet View Post
The Tea Party was just a front for the Koch Brothers who found white power actually more popular than lowering taxes on billionaires and eliminating environmental regulations. I'm going to intentionally not cite anything about this in order to trigger the raised by wolves, we're supposed to be the party of evidence and not the conspiracy theorist response.
No doubt the Koch brothers funded the tea party rise. I've never read anything that indicated their purpose was racism though. I'd be curious if there is evidence of this?
Clovis8 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #95
AllTheCheese
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AllTheCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sad life; won't change
Posts: 9,413
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

The Tea Party started as a response to Barack Obama being elected. For the Kochs whose money drove the movement, it may have been about "small government" because they opposed any redistribution of their immense fortunes. But when a bunch of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security beneficiaries turn out in angry mobs for small government under Barack Obama, and suddenly forget these precepts when Donald Trump proposes a border wall, tarriffs, military expansion, etc, it doesn't take a tea reader to divine the true animating spirit of the movement.

Last edited by AllTheCheese; 07-07-2017 at 08:15 PM.
AllTheCheese is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:54 PM   #96
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovis8 View Post
No doubt the Koch brothers funded the tea party rise. I've never read anything that indicated their purpose was racism though. I'd be curious if there is evidence of this?
Their purpose isn't racism it's to acquire money. There aren't enough voting billionaires though so they need to sell their policies in a misleading manner.
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #97
Hired Goons2
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 409
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

grunching and dont care, but I thought Palin dated Glen Rice
Hired Goons2 is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #98
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 59,989
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
Ha Clovis. Dude give up your getting crushed. You check raised all in on the river vs 6 players with bottom pair.
How did 6 players have bottom pair?

(Englis prof funny)
Dominic is online now  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #99
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 69.20.56.132
Posts: 42,096
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
How did 6 players have bottom pair?

(Englis prof funny)
I'm quoting before you fix it just for the irony. Does it count as irony, prof?
microbet is offline  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #100
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 59,989
Re: The Presidency of Donald J. Trump

Fix what?
Dominic is online now  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online