Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #101
galmost
adept
 
galmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: we've seen the enemy and it is us
Posts: 1,036
Re: Law and Order 2

Pepper-Spray by a Cruel and Cowardly NYC Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ05r...layer_embedded

Standard?
galmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #102
RiverFenix
banned
 
RiverFenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: not a serious business
Posts: 8,829
Re: Law and Order 2

Totally standard.

Anon posted the captains info recently. I imagine he'll be getting lots of pizzas delivered.
RiverFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #103
Bremen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bremen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Please Sir, I want some more fish.
Posts: 15,675
Re: Law and Order 2

Standard, ldo

If you are causing a disturbance the police are gonna show up to arrest you. If you resist the police are going to use force.

The cop in question might be an *******, but it really bugs me how every article I read talks about the "innocent females".
Bremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #104
galmost
adept
 
galmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: we've seen the enemy and it is us
Posts: 1,036
Re: Law and Order 2

NYPD Caught On Camera Punching #OccupyWallStreet Protestor In The Face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzke0...ayer_embedded#!
galmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #105
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca View Post
There's a selection bias there. Prisoners are probably much more likely to report it when they are raped by guards than when they are raped by other inmates. The vast majority of prison rapes are probably still inmate on inmate imo.
Agreed.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #106
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
There's also the issue that inmates don't really have the "right" to consent to sex, so all consensual sex between inmates and guards as well as consensual sex between inmates is considered rape.

Also, many times inmates will consent to sex with each other then due to "rep" issues will claim rape.

Not saying violent Oz type rapes don't occur in prison but it's not as often as those statistics show.
I'd be interested in hearing more from you. I friend of mine ran the gang unit in one of our max security prisons for a number of years and I have learned a lot about what prison life is like from him but any additional info is appreciated. Do you think that guys doing like 5 years or less will consent to being someone's ***** because of free choice? What about lifer's? Do inmates freely choose to be 'catchers' and not pitchers?
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #107
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
One thing worth mentioning: our system seems expressly designed to turn non-violent offenders who ****ed up once or twice into violent career felons unable to function on the outside. Everything about how prisoners have to act on the inside to simply survive makes it ever more difficult for them to assimilate once they get out.


I, for one, would like to see community service (legit community service, like digging ditches and cleaning garbage off Interstates; not the BS musicians and athletes end up doing) become the norm for first time non-violent offenders. Barring that, they should at least never ever be housed with violent felons.
Agreed big time. The system is whack. If I were to go to prison I would have to join a gang and do stuff for a gang. Im no angel but I don't do random violence. In prison it is a requirement.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #108
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman0330 View Post
I'm a little curious as to how you think the typical case plays out where an inmate accuses a guard of rape without rock solid evidence. I think what happens is some combination of nothing and guards retaliating against the prisoner.
I can't speak to this specifically, and without revealing too much I know of a case where a prisoner accused a guard (and other guards) of misconduct. Due to circumstances that occured prior to him being incarcerated he won the case (he did some shiat to the guards). I know for a fact his story is bs and he won because he knew enought to know what would 'look good' on paper and would seem to give the guards clear motive to do stuff to him.

Kind of like a child molester showing up at a lawyers office all beat up and claiming that the father of the child he was convicted of molesting beat him up.... pfft.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #109
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
See my earlier post. Of course male inmates have a higher "staff victimization" rate, because under the parameters of the study, if a male inmate seduces a female guard and ends up having consensual sex with her, he's just been "victimized".
Don't hate the playa hate the game lol
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #110
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
Oh, well disregard. I just assumed it was the PREA study. If it's a survey, conducted on convicts, without collaboration, anonymously at that, I'm uninterested in any results. I'd guess in a "study" with that level of control, at least 45% of convicts could fly and at least 75% have won at least one fistfight with a guard, in an effort to protect his reputation.
I don't know about this but I have a friend who was a prison guard for close to 20 years and believe him (and if you know me I'm way more against the police in this politics forum than for them...although I do think their hero's for putting themselves in situations between a victim and an aggressor....it's the politicians that make them do bull crap traffic stops and search for drugs and whatnot...that cops often buy into with glee..which I am totally against) but back to the point my former prison guard friend told me 'all the convicts are looking for a law suit'.. while I think that's an exaggeration I do beleive the sentiment.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #111
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietAnarchist View Post
DblBarrelJ is an apologist and not really worth listening to, given the ludicrous stories he is trying to pass off here as though they represent the "norm". It's clear that he disregards self-reporting by people in prison, likely because he's not willing to concede that they are people in the first place, and is "uninterested in any results". Note, for example, that prisoners report both consensual and non-consensual sex with guards, showing that they are more than capable of distinguishing between the two. But DblBarrelJ is "uninterested." His attitude towards women speaks for itself.

The survey bobman linked is worthwhile reading for anyone interesting in the subject. MSNBC viewing is not.
I disagree. I've butted heads with dblbarrelj before but think he's being realistic in this thread, at least from what I have read thus far...
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #112
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
So your opinion on the subject is what, that the prison system is just overflowing with sadistic homosexual serial raping guards who roam the prison looking for fresh meat?

If a male guard ever actually raped a male inmate, it would be such an oddity that it would make at least regional, if not national news. Here is a study showing such events are commonplace, which I believe requires some 3rd party evidence, such as convictions, rape kits, at the bare minimum a formal grievance filed by the inmate.

It is at least a reasonable belief to assume that female inmates are raped by male guards on occasion, although I'd wager no where near as often as reported. But to believe that male inmates are raped by guards on a statistical level of anything lower than the odds of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning in the same day is an absurd position.
I generally agree with this. I would say that guards abuse their power (not all of course) and use excessive force on a regular basis, just like I believe cops do, in situations where they get angry and dont know how to act professional..but rape???
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #113
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTeeMe View Post
DBJ, how would you feel about having a camera in your uniform that recorded everything you do all day?

Could save your ass in a he said/she said situation no?

*Not that I think DBJ's opinion would be universal as he's far better than the average cop and infinitely better than a dirty cop
Agreed. He doesn't simply tow the cop blue shield line that a lot of cops do. Everyone's views are going to be biased by some degeee but I for one am thankful to have him here. He has opposed another cop's view on at least one occasion that I am aware of so consider him to be one of the 'good cops'. No one is perfect and I'm sure it's not easy to be the only, or one of the only, cops in this forum openly sharing they are cops and sharing their views so, IMHO I think he should be given a break.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #114
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
This is a market problem. There is no incentive to make the clip stronger because the user of the clip (the police) don't want a stronger clip. If they wanted a stronger clip, it would be made.
I could happen. The problem with making it happen is that you would need to get 1,000 people to protest outside the 20 biggest police stations in the country day in and day out for a couple of months. I don't know enough rich people who don't want or need to work to make that happen... this is the crux of the problem. Try and organize the poor who are on welfare and they go off and drink beer after a day or two...
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #115
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
You truly feel that in this specific situation the user of the clip is the front line officer?

In other words, if you produced this product, your marketing campaign would be aimed at front line law enforcement?

I know where it would most likely be aimed, and I doubt it would be aimed at the street officer, in the way Blackhawk and Galco market to street cops.
Don't get mad at dblbarrelj for speaking the honest truth. He could disguize it and use misdirection if he were a bad cop but he doesn't.
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #116
bkholdem
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,055
Re: Law and Order 2

2+2 crab leg fiesta anyone?
bkholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #117
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 57,135
Re: Law and Order 2

Inmate's parole revoked for breaking rule against using cell phones, faces 5 more years
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #118
pvn
King Emeritus
 
pvn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: De-Green BruceZ for Great Justice
Posts: 65,227
Re: Law and Order 2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1015541.html
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #119
galmost
adept
 
galmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: we've seen the enemy and it is us
Posts: 1,036
Re: Law and Order 2

Gunpoint Arrest of Cop Going 120 MPH in Cop Car (kinda meh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gql-HsVDnhU
galmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #120
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Law and Order 2

I know most people on the forum will not believe it, but this is an EXTREMELY high security breach and a threat to staff safety as well.

You may play this off as it's something similar to "Got caught with a cigarette", but I look at it much more like "Got caught with a knife".

Honestly, I'd prefer an inmate to have a knife than a cell phone. With a knife, he can cut me. With a cell phone, he can firebomb my home, have my children kidnapped from school, or have me shot in the parking lot. He can also arrange escapes with the cell phone. This is a serious, legitimate issue and it is a rule that is put in place for a very good reason. I agree with the Parole board on this one.
DblBarrelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #121
Case Closed
self-banned
 
Case Closed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: pooping my big boy pants
Posts: 19,112
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblBarrelJ View Post
I know most people on the forum will not believe it, but this is an EXTREMELY high security breach and a threat to staff safety as well.

You may play this off as it's something similar to "Got caught with a cigarette", but I look at it much more like "Got caught with a knife".

Honestly, I'd prefer an inmate to have a knife than a cell phone. With a knife, he can cut me. With a cell phone, he can firebomb my home, have my children kidnapped from school, or have me shot in the parking lot. He can also arrange escapes with the cell phone. This is a serious, legitimate issue and it is a rule that is put in place for a very good reason. I agree with the Parole board on this one.
Anyone with the street authority to get this done will be able to do it with or without a phone.
Case Closed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #122
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Closed View Post
Anyone with the street authority to get this done will be able to do it with or without a phone.
The point is SOMEONE needs a phone to do this. In prison, it's usually not these street bosses who are ensuring these communications are getting out themselves, since they can't because they live under far too much scrutiny for that. it's low threat types like this guy who no one is watching or suspecting who are getting these hits and escape plots out to the streets.

The Parole board and the prison system are no doubt aware of this and that's the reasoning behind this strong response from them.

In GA it's a 5 year felony whether you're an officer or an inmate if you get caught with a cell phone inside a GA prison.
DblBarrelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #123
BornToPun
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 875
Re: Law and Order 2

Some people would use a cell phone to murder my wife and children, therefore let's impose draconian penalties on those who use cell phones to call their families and tell them they're coming home.
BornToPun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #124
DblBarrelJ
2+2 Resident Enforcer
 
DblBarrelJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Latex glove wearin homophobe
Posts: 13,857
Re: Law and Order 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToPun View Post
Some people would use a cell phone to murder my wife and children, therefore let's impose draconian penalties on those who use cell phones to call their families and tell them they're coming home.
Do you believe we should sell guns to those inmates who desire to have them?
DblBarrelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #125
BornToPun
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 875
Re: Law and Order 2

No. But I believe if a man, mere days away from being released, was found with a gun in his cell but it was convincingly shown that the only reason he had the gun was to call his family and give them the good news then it would be punitive to give him 5 more years.
BornToPun is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online