Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 AM   #176
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM155 View Post
So you admit the cop committed murder and lied about it. Yet you decide to play devil's advocate. GTFO.
What do you think his next lawyer is going to do? Somebody has to defend him to avoid the lynch mob that becomes the plebs that I see in here.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:19 AM   #177
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
Did you watch the whole video? The 2nd cop isnt there when he moves the taser. He shows up about a minute after the guy is shot. The video and dispatch audio confirm this.
Oh I thought he was just out of frame doing something else the whole time
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:20 AM   #178
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundingTheUnder View Post
****-off guy. enough already. you can't shoot someone in the back on "maybe's"
Actually the law precisely says you can
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:21 AM   #179
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Oh I thought he was just out of frame doing something else the whole time
No. The cop called for backup after he had shot the guy. The 2nd cop radioed to dispatch that he was on his way.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:22 AM   #180
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundingTheUnder View Post
luckily for us, "could be", isn't justification.

you are so far out of line here. over-estimate your intelligence much?

what makes you think you could take this position w/o being verbally *****-slapped?
Meanwhile you sit here and armchair strategize this entire thing. Honestly I've kinda been meaning to ignore most of your responses because I sensed a pretty low level of intellect, failure to address arguments, high degree of emotional state, etc. It's just nobody else is really active right now. I think I've wasted about 10 responses on you thus far to what amount to nothing more than a screaming toddler. Think I'll save my typing skills for the rage I'll get tomorrow when more people wake up to this thread.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:22 AM   #181
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

maybe you should read cookies post again.

a 'maybe', isn't a reasonable threat. if he had a gun in his hand, now you've got a case.

did the guy have a gun in his hand?
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:23 AM   #182
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Meanwhile you sit here and armchair strategize this entire thing. Honestly I've kinda been meaning to ignore most of your responses because I sensed a pretty low level of intellect, failure to address arguments, high degree of emotional state, etc. It's just nobody else is really active right now. I think I've wasted about 10 responses on you thus far to what amount to nothing more than a screaming toddler. Think I'll save my typing kills for the rage I'll get tomorrow when more people wake up to this thread.
you've made none.
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 AM   #183
LASJayhawk
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,901
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Actually the law precisely says you can
Having a broken tail light, unpaid child support, and trying to run away after getting hit with a cattle prod, does not equal probable cause.

Doubt you can get the death penalty on a cop, but he should do 30 for 1st degree murder.
LASJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 AM   #184
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Actually the law precisely says you can
Quote:
Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

They can't kill someone fleeing unless he poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Clearly that guy wasn't a significant threat.
reading comprehension, how does that work again?
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 AM   #185
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
Having a broken tail light, unpaid child support, and trying to run away after getting hit with a cattle prod, does not equal probable cause.

Doubt you can get the death penalty on a cop, but he should do 30 for 1st degree murder.
I didnt mean in this situation it was justified (although clearly the cop thought it was), but this idea that a cop absolutely positively cannot shoot someone running away under any circumstance is FALSE. They are in fact allowed to shoot if the conditions are met. This time they were not met, but it's important for people to know this because this is a common theme when a cop shoots someone running away. Most people have no idea that cops are allowed to do this at all.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:31 AM   #186
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundingTheUnder View Post
reading comprehension, how does that work again?
uh you tell me. Hint: unless
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:34 AM   #187
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

I don't think if the cop thought it was justified his first instinct would be to plant the taser. He ****ed up big time and someone got it on tape and now he'll likely play. They don't slap murder charges on cops willy nilly.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:37 AM   #188
LASJayhawk
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,901
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
I don't think if the cop thought it was justified his first instinct would be to plant the taser. He ****ed up big time and someone got it on tape and now he'll likely play. They don't slap murder charges on a cop willy nilly.
You noticed the only time the cop moved fast was to go get the taser and plant it on the guy.
LASJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:37 AM   #189
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

so in your world, a maybe, or a, "here's a youtube, it happened once." is a significant threat?

you're a strange dude.

at this point, i'd love to know if you're an actual racist, or if it's just that your daddy was a cop.
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:40 AM   #190
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
You noticed the only time the cop moved fast was to go get the taser and plant it on the guy.
Ya. The initial police statement also said that they immediately tried CPR on him which the video clearly shows isn't true. It's a **** sandwich.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 AM   #191
MyrnaFTW
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MyrnaFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,400
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

I live in a country where there is video evidence clearly showing what happened, the cop planting a weapon and matching up little with what the police report says ,and all we are questioning is whether this cop is going to get convicted.
MyrnaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:49 AM   #192
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
I don't think if the cop thought it was justified his first instinct would be to plant the taser. He ****ed up big time and someone got it on tape and now he'll likely play. They don't slap murder charges on a cop willie nillie.
He doesnt need to plant the taser. The fact that the victim has a discharged taser hanging off his body doesnt help his cause. Whether the taser remains in the grass with the probes extending across the sidewalk or not is irrelevant. Lets just say for a second that the victim did take his taser, so what? It's already been spent and cant be reused, and it's currently partially attached to himself which makes it even more useless if such a thing can be said. The cop does not need to pretend like the victim was somehow in possession of it at the time he was shot since the weapon was already improperly deployed.

The only thing we know about the taser beyond it being used was that the cop radios in something about "he took my taser". If you watch the clip something definitely happens with it. If I had a hunch I'd say the cop used it and it either failed prompting the victim to run away, or the victim attempted to stop the cop from using it which is what caused it to fail hence his immediate reaction to turn to lethal force as a backup.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:51 AM   #193
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
You noticed the only time the cop moved fast was to go get the taser and plant it on the guy.
I did notice this and found it suspicious, but from what I can tell he's already aware he's being filmed so it doesnt really make a lot of sense either way.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 AM   #194
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
Ya. The initial police statement also said that they immediately tried CPR on him which the video clearly shows isn't true. It's a **** sandwich.
Agreed. He's already shown a propensity towards stretching the truth at best, and flat out lying at worst, which goes to show a state of mind/character suggesting he cant be trusted and has ulterior motives (i.e. trying to cover it up)
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:54 AM   #195
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

you appear to be 'walking it back' now?

Last edited by PoundingTheUnder; 04-08-2015 at 03:02 AM.
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:00 AM   #196
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
He doesnt need to plant the taser. The fact that the victim has a discharged taser hanging off his body doesnt help his cause. Whether the taser remains in the grass with the probes extending across the sidewalk or not is irrelevant. Lets just say for a second that the victim did take his taser, so what? It's already been spent and cant be reused, and it's currently partially attached to himself which makes it even more useless if such a thing can be said. The cop does not need to pretend like the victim was somehow in possession of it at the time he was shot since the weapon was already improperly deployed.

The only thing we know about the taser beyond it being used was that the cop radios in something about "he took my taser". If you watch the clip something definitely happens with it. If I had a hunch I'd say the cop used it and it either failed prompting the victim to run away, or the victim attempted to stop the cop from using it which is what caused it to fail hence his immediate reaction to turn to lethal force as a backup.
good luck selling that as a 'significant threat', after they show the video of a guy 50 ft away and the cop unloading on him.
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:02 AM   #197
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
He doesnt need to plant the taser. The fact that the victim has a discharged taser hanging off his body doesnt help his cause. Whether the taser remains in the grass with the probes extending across the sidewalk or not is irrelevant. Lets just say for a second that the victim did take his taser, so what? It's already been spent and cant be reused, and it's currently partially attached to himself which makes it even more useless if such a thing can be said. The cop does not need to pretend like the victim was somehow in possession of it at the time he was shot since the weapon was already improperly deployed.

The only thing we know about the taser beyond it being used was that the cop radios in something about "he took my taser". If you watch the clip something definitely happens with it. If I had a hunch I'd say the cop used it and it either failed prompting the victim to run away, or the victim attempted to stop the cop from using it which is what caused it to fail hence his immediate reaction to turn to lethal force as a backup.
Um, the 2nd thing we know about the taser is he felt it necessary to run over and grab it and then throw it near the dead guy. All your hunches and hypotheticals about why he didn't need to plant it forgets that he did plant it. On tape.

Is this going to be the frontline defense of the poor cop? Why oh why would a perfectly sane and rather handsome hero cop feel the need to go back and fool around with the taser? What was his mind state they'll all ask.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:03 AM   #198
PoundingTheUnder
banned
 
PoundingTheUnder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,738
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

c'mon bro. obvious "relocation".
PoundingTheUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:10 AM   #199
ALLTheCookies
half a brain
 
ALLTheCookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trips to areas with jihadi ties
Posts: 23,375
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
I did notice this and found it suspicious, but from what I can tell he's already aware he's being filmed so it doesnt really make a lot of sense either way.
I really think you should watch the full video again. He doesn't notice he's being filmed until about 2 minutes in.

Edit: I unfortunately re-watched it and he does seem to look at the camera briefly at the beginning.

Last edited by ALLTheCookies; 04-08-2015 at 03:20 AM.
ALLTheCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:16 AM   #200
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,319
Re: Here we go again... (unarmed black teen shot by cop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTheCookies View Post
Um, the 2nd thing we know about the taser is he felt it necessary to run over and grab it and then throw it near the dead guy. All your hunches and hypotheticals about why he didn't need to plant it forgets that he did plant it.
This is a hypothetical unto itself. You do NOT know that this was a plant. Unless you work for CSI you have no clue what this means, whether or not picking up weapons from a crime scene is allowed, etc. What if it wasnt a taser but a 9mm? Does the cop just leave it somewhere randomly on the ground with bystanders approaching? Or does he secure it by putting it somewhere visible?


The fact of the matter remains that planting his own taser makes as much sense as planting his own police issue glock 45 after it has been used and filled the victim full of bullets. I'm not sure how you guys think a plant works, but the general idea is that you make it look like the victim was the assailant. How can the victim be the assailant with a discharged weapon pointing at himself and all of the discharge evidence 50 ft back where the shell casings are?
javi is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online