Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #26
jman220
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jman220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: My gimmick account is still a mod.
Posts: 9,948
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornbug View Post
You're saying that you must vote for the corrupt career politician in order to not be a racist. nonsense

Most Trump voters simply voted for the lesser of two evils
I was surrounded by Trump supporters yesterday. They were not voting for "the lesser of two evils." They were elated. This is a bs excuse anyway. Even if you hated HRC with all your heart and soul the lesser of that evil was not voting at all times a million.
jman220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #27
jman220
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jman220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: My gimmick account is still a mod.
Posts: 9,948
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_Ben View Post
So you are a white liberal who is writing an open letter to black people apologizing for white America's racism.

This is the kind of condescending bull**** that makes white people want to vote someone like Trump and black people not vote at all.
Hey feel free to look at my posting history prior to this election and discover that I am not in fact a white "liberal." I just don't have blinders on. And I wrote the letter to posters on this forum whom I have previously disagreed with vociferously to acknowledge that I was wrong. Something that someone like trump and many of his supporters apparently is incapable of doing.
jman220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #28
bobman0330
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bobman0330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,916
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
The election of Trump made me realize that there was systemic racism in our country as well as my profession, whether the election is what proves it as opposed to everything else that has happenned in recent history, I'll leave that to others. Yes, it needs to be changed, or **** it, burn it down and start over.
If only 40% of the population (including a majority of law enforcement) had voted for Trump, would you have a different view? If so, why? If not, what did the election change?
bobman0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #29
jman220
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jman220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: My gimmick account is still a mod.
Posts: 9,948
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman0330 View Post
If only 40% of the population (including a majority of law enforcement) had voted for Trump, would you have a different view? If so, why? If not, what did the election change?
No, 40 percent is way too high. If there had been a 1 point shift in the race and HRC had won my opinion would be the same. A year and a half ago I couldn't believe a candidate like trump would get anywhere near even the nomination in this day and age, in this country. I believed that bigots were in the extreme minority and systemic racism had been largely eliminated.
jman220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
gu14g
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
Hey feel free to look at my posting history prior to this election and discover that I am not in fact a white "liberal." I just don't have blinders on. And I wrote the letter to posters on this forum whom I have previously disagreed with vociferously to acknowledge that I was wrong. Something that someone like trump and many of his supporters apparently is incapable of doing.
you said this like you have now at last arrived to the "final truth", and all others who didn't arrive to the same conclusion are incapable of acknowledging that truth.

given that you have in the past disagreed vociferously with stuff that you now agree with, should also make you question your current state of agreement/disagreement.

(the same holds true for everyone of course. a person should always have a healthy dose of scepticism about their convictions)
gu14g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #31
BadBoyBenny
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BadBoyBenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,743
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick_Ben View Post
So you are a white liberal who is writing an open letter to black people apologizing for white America's racism.

This is the kind of condescending bull**** that makes white people want to vote someone like Trump and black people not vote at all.
If, when hearing a stranger say that banning all Muslims from entering the country is a racist policy, this makes you feel condescended to and makes you want to vote for the racist guy in the election, you might in fact be ............
BadBoyBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #32
jman220
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jman220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: My gimmick account is still a mod.
Posts: 9,948
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu14g View Post
you said this like you have now at last arrived to the "final truth", and all others who didn't arrive to the same conclusion are incapable of acknowledging that truth.

given that you have in the past disagreed vociferously with stuff that you now agree with, should also make you question your current state of agreement/disagreement.

(the same holds true for everyone of course. a person should always have a healthy dose of scepticism about their convictions)
This isn't like I'm arguing ZOMG George bush is a racist because his policies disadvantage minorities therefore anyone who supported him is racist.

Donald Trump ACTUALLY SAID ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL THAT HE WOULD BAN ALL MUSLIMS FROM ENTERING THE UNITED STATES. This isn't hard, and it's not close.
jman220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #33
Rebel inc.
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,202
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Islam is not race.

Trump is not racist.

Islam is backward religion and people are perfectly within their rights to speak out against backward religion.
Rebel inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #34
gu14g
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
This isn't like I'm arguing ZOMG George bush is a racist because his policies disadvantage minorities therefore anyone who supported him is racist.

Donald Trump ACTUALLY SAID ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL THAT HE WOULD BAN ALL MUSLIMS FROM ENTERING THE UNITED STATES. This isn't hard, and it's not close.
well, surely even you can think of non-racist motives to say something like that if you try enough
gu14g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #35
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 22,328
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Shocking
Huehuecoyotl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #36
GBP04
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GBP04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sevilla
Posts: 7,770
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daChimp View Post
I currently live in EU as a US citizen, but until I was protected under the SOFA agreement between US & EU I was subject to the Schengen Agreement (authorizes 3 months as a tourist).

I could not apply for a residence stamp in my passport without several factors (income, accommodation, etc).

As I travel about Europe and to the east, several countries make you apply for visa approval in advance to even visiting their countries and will deny access if this isn't accomplished.

So back to the topic at hand, does US need stricter immigration laws and to diligently process current illegals? Yes!

Still using Europe as the current model for illegal immigration, look at the increase of crime, terror threats, and homelessness due to many EU countries not prepared for the asylum seekers from Syria, Iran, and Northern Africa. They can barely handle it and the working tax payers are having to pay this additional expense due to the lack of preparation.

Let's see what this administration can do... Give them a chance to make a difference. Monitor them! No one takes on an assignment and says "let's see how I can f'k this up"
no but trump married a person from another country
GBP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #37
gu14g
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu14g View Post
well, surely even you can think of non-racist motives to say something like that if you try enough
and additionally: surely even you can think of non-racist motives to vote for a candidate who, among other stuff, said racist things
gu14g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #38
BoredSocial
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 4,192
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
I have posted on these forums for 11 years. I mostly come in to the politics forum to post when there is a thread about racism in law enforcement, or the criminal justice system. I come in to post and defend my law enforcement brethren. When posters like Fly responded to police killings of unarmed black men by decrying a racist system and stating an appropriate response was to "burn it all down" I vociferously argued for the system. I claimed that there was no systemic racism in the system, or in law enforcement, that we were living in a post-racial society, and that what I saw as isolated incidents involving in my mind anomalous law enforcement officers (or other situations that I thought were justified) in no way evidenced a massive racist slant in the system that I have worked in for over a decade.

I was wrong. Fly and posters like him were right. The black lives matter movement is right. These past few months culminating in last night proved that. I watched as my co-workers supported and voted for a man campaigning on "law and order" who dog whistled to white supremacists and the kkk, quoted from the protocols of the elders of zion, denigrated an entire ethnicity, and bragged about sexual assault. I watched as people who I know and respect and have worked with for years celebrated with glee at his election today. I am sorry.

There are dark days ahead; especially if your skin color is darker than mine.
You can't be serious. Of course there was systemic racism in the criminal justice system. The stats proved it, and so did your senses if you hadn't been actively trying to find a reason to believe otherwise. The fact that you were in denial doesn't mean that it wasn't SUPER obvious.

That being said **** black people. They didn't turn out all that well and now Trump is president. Whatever happens happens. I feel exactly the same way about almost every group of voters that mobilizes around social issues. They lost because they got arrogant and wanted to attend the after party without waiting in a long line to vote.
BoredSocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #39
daChimp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mom's basement
Posts: 6,753
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP04 View Post
no but trump married a person from another country
So? That's a legit way into the country. What's your point?
daChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #40
Lapidator
LLSNL Frequent Flyer
 
Lapidator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Station keeping
Posts: 9,792
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
I have posted on these forums for 11 years. I mostly come in to the politics forum to post when there is a thread about racism in law enforcement, or the criminal justice system. I come in to post and defend my law enforcement brethren. When posters like Fly responded to police killings of unarmed black men by decrying a racist system and stating an appropriate response was to "burn it all down" I vociferously argued for the system. I claimed that there was no systemic racism in the system, or in law enforcement, that we were living in a post-racial society, and that what I saw as isolated incidents involving in my mind anomalous law enforcement officers (or other situations that I thought were justified) in no way evidenced a massive racist slant in the system that I have worked in for over a decade.

I was wrong. Fly and posters like him were right. The black lives matter movement is right. These past few months culminating in last night proved that. I watched as my co-workers supported and voted for a man campaigning on "law and order" who dog whistled to white supremacists and the kkk, quoted from the protocols of the elders of zion, denigrated an entire ethnicity, and bragged about sexual assault. I watched as people who I know and respect and have worked with for years celebrated with glee at his election today. I am sorry.

There are dark days ahead; especially if your skin color is darker than mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
The election of Trump made me realize that there was systemic racism in our country as well as my profession, whether the election is what proves it as opposed to everything else that has happenned in recent history, I'll leave that to others. Yes, it needs to be changed, or **** it, burn it down and start over.
Perhaps you should choose another profession. I don't suppose its appropriate to be a LEO if you think the system should be burned down.

Just saying...

Maybe you could get a job with Soros as a professional agitator sparking up violence at political rallies? Ever swing a night stick?

Perhaps the Clinton Global Initiative needs security guards to guard the classified documents storage facility (also known as the kitchen cupboard)? They may need someone to take the fall, perhaps you could make a big splash with them?

Maybe the Qatar government needs some local security personnel when they come to the US the hand over $$$ to the Secy. of State? I'm sure a background in LE would make you a shoe-in for the position of head bag-holder. They seem like good, tolerant, non-racist, folks.

Oh... I think I heard that Baltimore mayor Rawlings-Blake was looking for recruits for the Baltimore Blue Line: "It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

Don't fret. Seems like there are good spots for you in a Trump America.
Lapidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #41
Rebel inc.
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,202
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapidator View Post
Perhaps you should choose another profession. I don't suppose its appropriate to be a LEO if you think the system should be burned down.

Just saying...

Maybe you could get a job with Soros as a professional agitator sparking up violence at political rallies? Ever swing a night stick?

Perhaps the Clinton Global Initiative needs security guards to guard the classified documents storage facility (also known as the kitchen cupboard)? They may need someone to take the fall, perhaps you could make a big splash with them?

Maybe the Qatar government needs some local security personnel when they come to the US the hand over $$$ to the Secy. of State? I'm sure a background in LE would make you a shoe-in for the position of head bag-holder. They seem like good, tolerant, non-racist, folks.

Oh... I think I heard that Baltimore mayor Rawlings-Blake was looking for recruits for the Baltimore Blue Line: "It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

Don't fret. Seems like there are good spots for you in a Trump America.
Quote for lolz
Rebel inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #42
V0dkanockers
old hand
 
V0dkanockers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tartarus
Posts: 1,731
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mmmKay View Post
The fact that he said it should invalidate him as a candidate for people that care about equality, independent of whether you think he's gonna do it or not.

However there do seem to be a number of TRUMP voters that think he isn't gonna do any of the bad things he said and is actually gonna be a good president, but I do not understand on what that is based.
Probably based on people running for POTUS say all kinds of things and the vast majority never come to fruition.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

https://www.americanprogressaction.o...george-w-bush/
V0dkanockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #43
Oroku$aki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oroku$aki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Blithe
Posts: 6,190
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel inc. View Post
Yeah must be racism when people disagree with progressive fascists.
I do wonder however why so many blacks support Trump?
Blacks are worse off then 4 years ago, meaning more are getting benefits which makes it hard for them to vote republican and yet Trump is getting more black vote then Romney, go figure, must be those self hating blacks, right.
Or maybe just maybe blacks realized it is democrats and BLM who are the racists here, rejected it all and took up Trump on what do you have to lose offer.
Cite and holy ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredSocial View Post
You can't be serious. Of course there was systemic racism in the criminal justice system. The stats proved it, and so did your senses if you hadn't been actively trying to find a reason to believe otherwise. The fact that you were in denial doesn't mean that it wasn't SUPER obvious.

That being said **** black people. They didn't turn out all that well and now Trump is president. Whatever happens happens. I feel exactly the same way about almost every group of voters that mobilizes around social issues. They lost because they got arrogant and wanted to attend the after party without waiting in a long line to vote.
Holy **** and some lines are (a lot) longer than others.
Oroku$aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #44
Rebel inc.
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,202
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Not posting links but do a search for national review article on blacks under Obama better off, stats say no they are not.

As for BLM cannot be racist, everything about them is racists, if BLM was White, Chinese heck even Mexican group, they would be labeled hate group.

Most blacks shy away from them, support they have is really low, but due to uncalled for media attention and celebrity endorsement, they somehow remain in the spotlight.
I suspect if economy picks up and with lack of founding after elections, BLM will fade away rather quickly. Issues they portray are non existent, you could easily find plenty of questionable police decisions for every other race group when adjusted for high crime rates of black communities and that crime will fall with economic uptick.
Rebel inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #45
Oroku$aki
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oroku$aki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Blithe
Posts: 6,190
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel inc. View Post
Not posting links but do a search for national review article on blacks under Obama better off, stats say no they are not.

As for BLM cannot be racist, everything about them is racists, if BLM was White, Chinese heck even Mexican group, they would be labeled hate group.

Most blacks shy away from them, support they have is really low, but due to uncalled for media attention and celebrity endorsement, they somehow remain in the spotlight.
I suspect if economy picks up and with lack of founding after elections, BLM will fade away rather quickly. Issues they portray are non existent, you could easily find plenty of questionable police decisions for every other race group when adjusted for high crime rates of black communities and that crime will fall with economic uptick.
Why would black americans not support other black americans protesting for the right to be valued as much as other races?

Non existent??!! Now you're just being unkind.
Oroku$aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #46
Rebel inc.
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,202
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

What I am saying is, if you are poor in rough neighborhood you are fked and have much higher chance of being treated badly by police no matter what your skin color.
BUT real danger is NOT the police it is criminal element in your neighborhood and people living there know that, special snowflakes on campuses, not so much.
Rebel inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #47
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 59,089
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel inc. View Post
I do wonder however why so many blacks support Trump?
By "so many" you mean like single digit percentages right?

The **** is this clown talking about?
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #48
ILOVEPOKER929
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ILOVEPOKER929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Making God facepalm.
Posts: 25,953
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman220 View Post
I believed that bigots were in the extreme minority and systemic racism had been largely eliminated.
Not trying to badger you, but isn't the bolded below enough to establish the existence of systemic racism in your eyes. I always found it extremely compelling at least. And I certainly think the info below is way better evidence than an election result.

Quote:
What about today? Half a century later, in a time when mass Black urban unrest and even riots (including two in the last two month) have returned to American history, King’s lament about “the white society, unprepared and unwilling to accept [the] radical structural change” required seems all too relevant again. Most white Americans deny that racism poses any significant barrier to Black equality and advancement anymore. They point to numerous examples of highly visible Black success in public life—including a technically Black U.S. President—as “proof.” It’s “the Oprah [and Obama] Effect. Throw in Colin Powell, Beyonce, and Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan. See? Anything’s possible if you just work hard. The president is Black, so get over all this politically correct liberal and left-wing nonsense about racism.” It’s an environment in which a white North Carolina Congressperson—the ridiculous Robert Pittinger (R-NC)—could actually tell the BBC that Black protestors in Charlotte “hate white persons because white people are successful and they’re not.”

Meanwhile, Black life is still badly misshapen by persistent harsh racial segregation and an intimately related racial inequality so steep that the median wealth of white U.S. households is 22 times higher than the median wealth of black U.S. households. The Black joblessness rate remains more than double that of whites—as usual. The Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) reports that an astonishing 40 percent of the nation’s Black children are growing up beneath the federal government’s notoriously inadequate poverty level. Roughly 1 in 5 Black and 1 in 7 Hispanic children live in “extreme poverty”—at less than half the poverty measure—compared to just more than 1 in 18 White, non-Hispanic children.

This radical race disparity both reflects and feeds a four-decades-long campaign of racially disparate hyper-incarceration and criminal marking. More than 40 percent of the nation’s globally unmatched stockade of 2.4 million prisoners are Black. One in three Black adult males carries the crippling lifelong stigma (what law Professor Michelle Alexander has famously termed “the New Jim Crow”) of a felony record. Criminal marking is a deadly barrier to employment, housing, education, voting rights and more for the nation’s giant and very disproportionately Black army of “ex-offenders.” It makes re-integration next to impossible for many, feeding a vicious circle of poverty, black market crime, joblessness, family disintegration, jailing, and recidivism.

--Paul Street, Zmag
ILOVEPOKER929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #49
Rebel inc.
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,202
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
By "so many" you mean like single digit percentages right?

The **** is this clown talking about?
Considering this clown unlike all you special snowflakes actually lived in rough predominately black neighborhood when student in US, I actually do know something.

As for many, yes many more then Romney got and much more important, how many refused to vote at all. Ofc blacks vote in low 90s, for democrats. Democrats made sure they do, by continually creating policies for inner cities that dont work. Want to be angry, be angry at democrats and their pats, gangs of all colors.
Rebel inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #50
goofyballer
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 59,089
Re: Dear Black Lives Matter Supporters and Black People in General.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel inc. View Post
I do wonder however why so many blacks support Trump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel inc. View Post
Ofc blacks vote in low 90s, for democrats.
Could you make up your mind, please?
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online