Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics political discourse

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #326
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 70,682
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Ok seriously WTF. This MOTHER****ER WAS ALERTING AMERICA TO MORE NOTHINGBURGER EMAILZZZZZZZZZZZZ WHILE THE CHEETO WAS UNDER CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!!!?????

HDDCIAJABXLCKENZJDNDN WAAF
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #327
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
otatop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,644
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiveofdiamonds View Post
seriously, wtf. He is a lip and boob job away from appearing on the real housewives of new jersey
You can see where he didn't apply makeup in his official Congressional photo.


Wouldn't want to mess up that elaborate hairstyle.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #328
BrettFavre
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I am SuperUberBob
Posts: 72
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

He left the orange part in solidarity with Donald Trump
BrettFavre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #329
poconoder
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 244
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettFavre View Post
I suppose that's true but Nixon was forced to resign after about 2 years as POTUS. If they want to investigate properly, it will be done.

Wouldn't be surprised if they complete it the day after Trump loses in 2020.
Nixon was POTUS for slightly more than 5 1/2 years.
poconoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #330
BrettFavre
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I am SuperUberBob
Posts: 72
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Yeah I should have posted 2 years of investigation due to Watergate. Mistake on my part.
BrettFavre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #331
ScreaminAsian
For President
 
ScreaminAsian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: grabbing life by the pussy
Posts: 21,278
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettFavre View Post
He left the orange part in solidarity with Donald Trump
lizard people
ScreaminAsian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #332
ecriture d'adulte
grinder
 
ecriture d'adulte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 507
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Does anybody know the mechanics of how these house committees decide whether to interview people? Were the committee republicans powerless to stop if enough dems sign on, or did they (lol) actually think Comey would say Obama tapped Trump? Maybe they just like seeing themselves on the news. Went pretty bad for the White House.
ecriture d'adulte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #333
Paul McSwizzle
Pooh-Bah
 
Paul McSwizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: but her emails
Posts: 5,299
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Are we sure Dan is smarter than hornbug? Like, really sure?
this.
Paul McSwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #334
Paul McSwizzle
Pooh-Bah
 
Paul McSwizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: but her emails
Posts: 5,299
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

why was it okay for Comey to discuss emailgate during the campaign but not Trump being under investigation?

Like obv it's not okay in a moral/ethical/philosophical sense, but what is the legal defense or whatever? I don't get it. Seems obviously wrong and contrary to his reputation of being A GOD DAMN MAN OF THE LAW SIR.

Whole thing is bizarre obv.
Paul McSwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #335
hornbug
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 652
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecriture d'adulte View Post
Does anybody know the mechanics of how these house committees decide whether to interview people? Were the committee republicans powerless to stop if enough dems sign on, or did they (lol) actually think Comey would say Obama tapped Trump? Maybe they just like seeing themselves on the news. Went pretty bad for the White House.
What is in bold green above is untrue. Nothing new came out of this hearing. Which means nothing is going to change due to today's events.

Listed below are the 6 takeaways from the hearing according to the Washington Post. Ask yourself, is there anything new in this list that changes the status quo of this controversy?

Obviously the answer is NO.



the six takeaways per WaPo:

1. There's no evidence of Trump's accusation that Obama tapped his phones

2. The FBI is investigating connections between President Trump's campaign associates and the Russian government

3. But the FBI is going to be VERY tight-lipped about the investigation

4. Democrats seem pretty sure associates with Trump's campaign colluded with Russia

5. Republicans, meanwhile, want to focus on*intelligence leaks to the press

6. Intelligence officials still don't think there's any evidence Russia's meddling directly influenced*votes
hornbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #336
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: seize the means of production
Posts: 14,591
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul McSwizzle View Post
why was it okay for Comey to discuss emailgate during the campaign but not Trump being under investigation?

Like obv it's not okay in a moral/ethical/philosophical sense, but what is the legal defense or whatever? I don't get it. Seems obviously wrong and contrary to his reputation of being A GOD DAMN MAN OF THE LAW SIR.

Whole thing is bizarre obv.
That's something we're all trying to figure out.
einbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #337
wheatrich
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wheatrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,016
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

6 makes no sense at all, e-mails was a hot media topic the entire time. Especially from the "liberal" media.
wheatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #338
3fiveofdiamonds
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 743
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecriture d'adulte View Post
Does anybody know the mechanics of how these house committees decide whether to interview people? Were the committee republicans powerless to stop if enough dems sign on, or did they (lol) actually think Comey would say Obama tapped Trump? Maybe they just like seeing themselves on the news. Went pretty bad for the White House.
I was reading twitter reactions and a decent % of people thought botox face made Comey his ***** and some were even calling for him to be the next Republican nominee.

I don't understand how anyone had that takeaway. To me he sounded like a shady lawyer trying to frame questions to get the answers he wanted and trick the "jury". In a courtroom the other lawyer would have objected for testifying while not asking a question.
3fiveofdiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #339
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ITT
Posts: 13,252
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

That was because the guy was loud, way too proud of being a lawyer and used fifty cent words. These are things that can really appeal to the fundamentally ignorant or the incapable.

His last bit about not having anonymous sources and cross examining witnesses were perfect examples. Completely misplaced. This was not a trial. It is an ongoing investigation where anonymous sources are absolutely beneficial. But people hear that speech and think it was a gotcha moment. It was just another lawyer talking irresponsibly about the law.

Plus the guy is more concerned about Russia than the US.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #340
markksman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
markksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ITT
Posts: 13,252
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornbug View Post
What is in bold green above is untrue. Nothing new came out of this hearing. Which means nothing is going to change due to today's events.

Listed below are the 6 takeaways from the hearing according to the Washington Post. Ask yourself, is there anything new in this list that changes the status quo of this controversy?

Obviously the answer is NO.



the six takeaways per WaPo:

1. There's no evidence of Trump's accusation that Obama tapped his phones

2. The FBI is investigating connections between President Trump's campaign associates and the Russian government

3. But the FBI is going to be VERY tight-lipped about the investigation

4. Democrats seem pretty sure associates with Trump's campaign colluded with Russia

5. Republicans, meanwhile, want to focus on*intelligence leaks to the press

6. Intelligence officials still don't think there's any evidence Russia's meddling directly influenced*votes
It was a dumpster fire for the White House by the time Comey completed his opening remarks. He, in coordination with the DOJ admitted there is an ongoing investigation of extremely serious potential issues regarding Russia, and potentially Americans, including some in the Whitehouse, other parts of the government or as a part of the Trump campaign.

They flat out shut down any notion that Trump was spied on or "tapped" by anyone under the authority or order of Obama.

Those were two huge unknowns going into today's hearings and to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.
markksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:43 AM   #341
yeSpiff
adept
 
yeSpiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: ungovernable
Posts: 1,030
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

So Comey's comment about trump tower and high stakes gambling was this

Quote:
A high-flying New York art dealer has admitted to leading a multi-million-dollar international gambling ring in a case that also involves Russian mobsters and a Hollywood “Poker Princess” who set up games for movie stars like Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Professional poker player Vadim Trincher, who operated what prosecutors called “the world’s largest sports book” out of his $5m apartment in Trump Tower, headed up one ring that focused on oligarchs in Moscow and Kiev, while Nahmad, Vadim’s son Illya and a man named Noah “The Oracle” Siegel ran the other ring catering to multi-millionaires and billionaires in New York and Los Angeles.
According to the indictment, the Nahmad-Trincher Organisation took tens of millions of dollars in bets each year through gambling websites operating illegally in the United States, then laundered the money through bank accounts and plumbing, real estate, car repair and used-car businesses.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...g-8940423.html
yeSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:48 AM   #342
BroadwaySushy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,562
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman View Post
It was a dumpster fire for the White House by the time Comey completed his opening remarks. He, in coordination with the DOJ admitted there is an ongoing investigation of extremely serious potential issues regarding Russia, and potentially Americans, including some in the Whitehouse, other parts of the government or as a part of the Trump campaign.

They flat out shut down any notion that Trump was spied on or "tapped" by anyone under the authority or order of Obama.

Those were two huge unknowns going into today's hearings and to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.
He said the same thing in regard to the Clinton investigation pre-election and we all know how that panned out.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #343
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fore the rain starts
Posts: 15,076
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

It cost Hillary the presidency so it will cost trump his?
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 AM   #344
BroadwaySushy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,562
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
It cost Hillary the presidency so it will cost trump his?
Come on man, get a grip.
BroadwaySushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:27 AM   #345
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fore the rain starts
Posts: 15,076
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Im fully griped.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 AM   #346
BrettFavre
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I am SuperUberBob
Posts: 72
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
It cost Hillary the presidency so it will cost trump his?
Russia/Trump connections, if confirmed by the FBI, should cost him but won't.

If Trump ****ed infants in front of their mothers in Times Square in broad daylight the GOP wouldn't do anything.
BrettFavre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #347
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: fore the rain starts
Posts: 15,076
Re: Comey Testimony Sweat

It was a joke.... I know the GOP doesn't care about America and will obstruct and obfuscate. But one can hope.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online