Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Sports Betting Discussions related to wagering on sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
5dimes customer data breach

Not sure if it warrants its own thread, if not please move to relevant thread but I assume it does

5dimes seems to have had its security breached and customer credit card data stolen (including mine). I assume the hackers sold the data on unless i've been ordering pizza and ubers in New York (I live in Australia). This happened to both cards i'd used to deposit to 5dimes, one a month ago (I used that card for lots of things including 5d deposits so thought lolvariance) and then again this weekend for one I only use for 5d/pinnacle/bet365/stars, so I put it together and asked them about it and they basically confirmed.

Spoke with a 5dimes manager and they made a couple of comments confirming customer data was stolen and they don't know how but are working on it. I asked if other users were reporting the same thing and confirmed i'd checked my computer for keyloggers etc and no other accounts I use from the same device had been breached and got these responses.

Lynda
I understand sir and apologize for the inconvenience, we are aware about the fraudulent charges reported from our customers sir and we are working with a specialized software and hardware security team to get to the bottom of all this. Thank you very much for checking your computer as that is what we are asking our customers to do.'

Lynda
All data is encrypted in our end sir, no employee regardless of the rank can possibly see any customer's information, so we are pointing the investigation in a third party solution provider. The team is working really hard to find and correct whatever happened and make sure all transactions are safe moving forward.

So basically if you've used a credit/debit card to deposit to 5dimes, there's a chance that data's been stolen and may be sold on or used by the hackers/people who buy stolen credit card numbers etc

My bank's refunding me for the fraudulent charges so i'm not out of pocket, but it's annoying and might affect a bunch of people.
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
Nick Diaz
adept
 
Nick Diaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The floor at Tristar
Posts: 841
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Yeah I am w chat right now, going to request a free withdrawal, I think it`s the least they can do until they fix all their issues
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Pretty sure that customer accounts themselves aren't breached but who knows it's possible - if they are it would be a massive disaster. Not sure what use customer accounts would be to a hacker anyway as they couldn't withdraw unless they just want to go joyriding on a high rollers account, i'd assume they just stole the credit card data as they can either use or on-sell that for profit

Still it's a pretty ridiculous disaster that they still haven't determined the cause of the breach
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
Nick Diaz
adept
 
Nick Diaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The floor at Tristar
Posts: 841
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

LOL they asked me to send them my CC info , Clowns
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

It's always funny when they ask for your password which is openly displayed in the chat on screen with no stars as a 'security measure'. I've told them it's absurd on multiple occasions. They should not need your password to confirm your identity, just use a pass phrase or pin if they need some sort of verification. They ask for it all the time even when i'm randomly asking them when Rugby Union lines will be posted or some other question that has no relation to your account number anyway
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
dfb89
old hand
 
dfb89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 1,203
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

That's always what turned me off from them. You don't need my passport when I'm asking a simple question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Please edit title. That is not confirmation and exhibits a massive misunderstanding of the underlying technology.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,684
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

wait, why did you have to re-deposit if you're crushing politics, MMA, and eSports betting

also if you're crushing those things how do you even still have an account
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #9
stoffmakers
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,015
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Added a single unit on Smolka yesterday at +225, surprised Whittaker is in to +180 now I passed on +202 yesterday thinking it'd move further. Going to leave it unless it gets back to something like +187ish. Shame I missed the Whittaker dec line at the +925 it opened at that seems insane given if he wins it should be by stand and trade/stuff takedowns about half the time (and via KO the rest of the time)

Good to see Evans Smith and Sterling moving in, kinda surprised it's moved, against Stephens a bit, going to cash my 3u out for a 0.3u loss re-bet it now that the price has improved as that's slightly better than keeping it. Re bet it at -175 so i'm risking 0.1u less now due to the weird b365 glitchy calculations on cashouts when a line's moved against you.

I guess i'll wait and see on Whittaker. If anyone wants Jacare @ the Pinyn vigfree line for a couple hundred let me know and we can save the juice currently Jacare -205 Whittaker +180, so current vigfree line would be +/- 192.5
why should we take anything you say seriously
stoffmakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:53 AM   #10
Buccofan86
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 838
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffmakers View Post
why should we take anything you say seriously
Wait, so the no vig line on a -1000/+500 isn't 750?

Buccofan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:55 AM   #11
Buccofan86
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 838
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

This breach is old news though, 5d just has been super shady about it for almost 2 months now

https://www.safestbettingsites.com/reviews/5dimes
Buccofan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #12
spooner90
old hand
 
spooner90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,729
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffmakers View Post
why should we take anything you say seriously
why are you contributing crap to the thread?
spooner90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #13
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Swoop is well known for jumping to conclusions (see his false accusations of SC2 cheating) along with a variety of other forgivable mental gaffes.

This issue could be a processor issue since processing illegal third world gambling transactions obviously lures the brightest and most detail oriented people. Regardless this is pretty much a prole problem. I have not used a CC to deposit to a book in central America for 5+ years.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #14
stoffmakers
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,015
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner90 View Post
why are you contributing crap to the thread?
I'm not, I'm merely pointing out that anything that swoop says should be taken with a grain of salt
stoffmakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #15
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

I mean, I was ignoring the millionaires club/cult posts but you guys do realise that several of the players in SC2 were proven to have fixed matches and were arrested and prosecuted right and in the remainder of cases the bets were voided by Pinnacle due to suspicious activity that correlated with suspicious gameplay and results? You're welcome to do your own analysis of the line movement and matches, if you do not come to the conclusion that each match that I claimed was fixed was indeed fixed then you're entirely clueless about what is and isn't evidence of blatant match fixing. In several cases, the allegations were proven and the players were successfully prosecuted for match fixing in Korea, yes some of them got away with it although Pinnacle voided the bets due to suspicious activity in each match I claimed was fixed or the player was arrested - if you think Pinnacle or Korean law enforcement don't know what they're doing then feel free to claim that. Regardless of whether I pointed it out, the match fixing would have been exposed eventually and several other posters on 2p2 were involved in exposing the match fixing, StarGalaxy and a few others. Link for anyone that cares http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...Fixing_Scandal

I'm not sure whether you're just trolling me because claiming I made false accusations here is so outlandish given they were proven in a court of law.

I'm not saying I know exactly what happened in this 5dimes situation specifically, just that my credit card data was stolen as a result of a using that card to deposit to 5dimes, the same thing happened to a friend of mine and to a lot of other people and that their customer support manager acknowledged it all of which is factual. What exactly is the issue with my original post? If you have suggestions to improve its accuracy by all means suggest them and the mods can improve the original post by adding them.

Buccofan's post sums up the situation for anyone who is interested, and there's really no need for the thread to continue beyond that.

If you guys are just trolling in the thread I don't really get it but good for you I guess if you find it funny, if you're actually serious then it's sad and pathetic.
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

You don't even have line history data. Not everyone you claim cheated was prosecuted. You literally just made something up and falsely accused someone of a crime with no information.

I think you aren't very smart and write walls of text while taking years to learn basic math. You also perpetuate this idea of inane tasks (write ups/picks/etc) having some value.

Not gonna read all that obv. But I'm sure your view of the past is just as in earnest as your harassment of the moderation to "not engage" with me.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #17
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Pinnacle claim every person I accused cheated as well, every single player I accused had at least one match voided by Pinnacle due to suspected match fixing, but i'm sure you know more than their team does. They did provide me with the line history on several of the matches when I asked by the way, several are posted in the teamliquid threads discussing the matter from years ago and i'm sure they'd have the records if you requested them if you'd like to investigate the matter yourself as the crusader for truth and justice that you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-XbHBQAco8

By all means though feel free to make a case that Marineking didn't throw this match when his line in a best of 1 got bet from -140ish into -1500ish (estimate as I haven't looked at the data in years) with no signs of stopping with something like 100k being dumped onto his line at 2k a pop over a couple minutes. All handicappers at the time thought was between something like +120 and +350 in the game any estimates outside this range were not reasonable. No gold league player would make the series of errors required for this to have been a legitimate game. Obviously he planned to play a subpar macro game and lose, accidentally scouted a build order win in two separate ways and had to try his best to make losing look natural and ****ed it up.

This thread derailment has proudly been brought to you by the 'millionaires club'.
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #18
The IRS
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 226
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

I will say that the book is still solvent, they paid out 40+k to one of my guys a couple weeks back. Should be no problem playing there, just use bitcoin only obviously.
The IRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #19
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Really? I'd go back and reread your first accusation. You seem to have a problem with your memory.

Feel free to post that line history. Your comments in that thread are laughable since you didn't even parse and store the API at the time.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #20
SwoopAE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SwoopAE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I AM CAPITAO
Posts: 17,715
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

I don't know what you're referring to Thremp and of course I didn't store the API at the time I was a recreational sports bettor playing poker full time betting $100 a game when these events occurred. Obviously I take sports betting more seriously now than I did then and my current results and bet size reflect that.

San, Innovation and Soulkey all had matches voided by Pinnacle due to match fixing as did Marineking. If you don't think any one of them specifically match fixed or deny that pinnacle voided a bet in any of their cases feel free to specify which one and i'll go dig out the proof. Yoda and Bboongbboong were tried and convicted along with a few other players that I hadn't specifically mentioned (Life, Bbyong, etc). One of the commentators for Proleague clearly had knowledge that extensive match fixing was going on from his tweets at around the time. From memory those were the six players I had accused of match fixing, two were convicted for it and four had lines cancelled by Pinnacle for suspected match fixing. I would happily bet my entire net worth that all six were guilty if there were a way to automatically have it be graded based on the truth, at the end of the day if you don't believe the evidence + Pinnacle's conclusion then you're just stupid.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...Fixing_Scandal

I believe Byul opened at 1.73 I just found the screenshot and i'll upload it.

http://imgur.com/a/VDCXg

Here's shortly before the line was taken down and all bets cancelled. I believe it moved in even further from memory but don't have a screenshot from closer to the close. I do remember the max bet was either 1k or 2k when the line started getting smashed in the hour or so before the game and calculating that probably something like low six figures would have needed to be bet on the line to move it that far at obviously hugely -EV prices and the line kept getting pounded at more than -1000, the post is in the relevant teamliquid thread

http://imgur.com/WirtYUB

Here is a screenshot from shortly before the line went down with Byul at 1.09, I believe the line was hit a couple of times after this and closed even shorter from memory but can't be 100% sure as it happened a long time ago, I can ask Pinnacle for the details if it's super important to you, the point is a player was bet from less than -150 to more than -1111 with what was at the time high limits for esports at a couple k a pop, not to mention whatever the match fixers had down at the Korean books. Even the non korean jobbers, the worst players on the circuit, ALWAYS had drastically better odds than this in a best of 1 against players of Byul's caliber. In that very same image, Hero vs Center would have been considered a far greater mismatch in terms of player ability at the time. Hero was one of the best players in the league at the time and Center was one of the worst. Marineking was slightly below average and Byul was slightly above average by comparison.

Then anyone who has played Starcraft 2 at a semi competent level knows the series of errors in the match are impossible for a Grand Master level player to make, let alone all of them in succession. When combined with the betting line and Pinnacle voiding bets due to suspected fixing, it seems pretty obvious what happened. To draw any other conclusion, as a supposedly intelligent and successful sports bettor is baffling. If you legitimately believe that match fixing didn't occur by any of the six listed players, let's put a few k on it, i'll present the evidence to a panel of agreed upon experts and they can determine whether match fixing was likely to have occurred in the game in question. I'd submit the Pinnacle fraud/security team as potential candidates, but they've already made their ruling.

Congratulations once again for derailing another thread for no reason, if you legitimately don't believe Marineking threw the match put some money up against me at evens and i'll present my case to a panel of experts - let's say something like a professional starcraft 2 player, someone who works for a sportsbook in detecting fraud/match fixing and a professional sports bettor. We can set the question as 'in your opinion is match fixing overwhelmingly the most likely explanation for the events that unfolded' or similar. Obviously that's not going to happen though as you would lose close to 100% of the time and you're not stupid enough to burn money I think.

And congratulations on derailing another thread. I think at this point the derail can be moved to the low content thread and the link from Buccofan's post should be added to OP and that can basically be the end of the thread.

@IRS I haven't withdrawn from there recently but have in the past see no reason they'd be insolvent. This should be limited to some sort of breach where customer credit card numbers were stolen, I doubt 5dimes actually lost any customer funds as a result of whatever happened.

Last edited by SwoopAE; 04-17-2017 at 02:53 PM.
SwoopAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #21
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Sen.

Again, there was no evidence of match fixing that was ever proven against Sen. You seem to conflate Pinnacle voiding a match as evidence the match is fixed. You aren't smart, nor a clear thinker so let me explain what happened. Sen admitted to a wrist injury that inhibited his ability to play. This is no different than players in other sports being injured and having huge steam against them. This is not "match fixing".

I'm not reading that wall of text. Your comments previously about line movements were guesses and not based on data. Weirdly I have the data and knew you were wrong at the time. Yet you went on to publicly accuse him of a crime with no basis.

Here again you are claiming that 5dimes had their customer data breached. CC data was stolen from somewhere between users and the CC processor. It very well could be the processor that had their data stolen. We don't know. Considering the facts its unlikely that 5Dimes had their end affected due to the lack of any other customer complaints. (Why wouldn't you hack the BTC accounts and loot them all in lieu of complex CC processing?) You jump to conclusions that are frequently wrong because you aren't smart and are a sloppy thinker.

You should take a moment to think about this before posting.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #22
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,176
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

I know of 3 people that have had problems with their CCs ar 5 Dimes. There def is a problem.
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #23
stoffmakers
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,015
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I don't know what you're referring to Thremp and of course I didn't store the API at the time I was a recreational sports bettor playing poker full time betting $100 a game when these events occurred. Obviously I take sports betting more seriously now than I did then and my current results and bet size reflect that.

San, Innovation and Soulkey all had matches voided by Pinnacle due to match fixing as did Marineking. If you don't think any one of them specifically match fixed or deny that pinnacle voided a bet in any of their cases feel free to specify which one and i'll go dig out the proof. Yoda and Bboongbboong were tried and convicted along with a few other players that I hadn't specifically mentioned (Life, Bbyong, etc). One of the commentators for Proleague clearly had knowledge that extensive match fixing was going on from his tweets at around the time. From memory those were the six players I had accused of match fixing, two were convicted for it and four had lines cancelled by Pinnacle for suspected match fixing. I would happily bet my entire net worth that all six were guilty if there were a way to automatically have it be graded based on the truth, at the end of the day if you don't believe the evidence + Pinnacle's conclusion then you're just stupid.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...Fixing_Scandal

I believe Byul opened at 1.73 I just found the screenshot and i'll upload it.

http://imgur.com/a/VDCXg

Here's shortly before the line was taken down and all bets cancelled. I believe it moved in even further from memory but don't have a screenshot from closer to the close. I do remember the max bet was either 1k or 2k when the line started getting smashed in the hour or so before the game and calculating that probably something like low six figures would have needed to be bet on the line to move it that far at obviously hugely -EV prices and the line kept getting pounded at more than -1000, the post is in the relevant teamliquid thread

http://imgur.com/WirtYUB

Here is a screenshot from shortly before the line went down with Byul at 1.09, I believe the line was hit a couple of times after this and closed even shorter from memory but can't be 100% sure as it happened a long time ago, I can ask Pinnacle for the details if it's super important to you, the point is a player was bet from less than -150 to more than -1111 with what was at the time high limits for esports at a couple k a pop, not to mention whatever the match fixers had down at the Korean books. Even the non korean jobbers, the worst players on the circuit, ALWAYS had drastically better odds than this in a best of 1 against players of Byul's caliber. In that very same image, Hero vs Center would have been considered a far greater mismatch in terms of player ability at the time. Hero was one of the best players in the league at the time and Center was one of the worst. Marineking was slightly below average and Byul was slightly above average by comparison.

Then anyone who has played Starcraft 2 at a semi competent level knows the series of errors in the match are impossible for a Grand Master level player to make, let alone all of them in succession. When combined with the betting line and Pinnacle voiding bets due to suspected fixing, it seems pretty obvious what happened. To draw any other conclusion, as a supposedly intelligent and successful sports bettor is baffling. If you legitimately believe that match fixing didn't occur by any of the six listed players, let's put a few k on it, i'll present the evidence to a panel of agreed upon experts and they can determine whether match fixing was likely to have occurred in the game in question. I'd submit the Pinnacle fraud/security team as potential candidates, but they've already made their ruling.

Congratulations once again for derailing another thread for no reason, if you legitimately don't believe Marineking threw the match put some money up against me at evens and i'll present my case to a panel of experts - let's say something like a professional starcraft 2 player, someone who works for a sportsbook in detecting fraud/match fixing and a professional sports bettor. We can set the question as 'in your opinion is match fixing overwhelmingly the most likely explanation for the events that unfolded' or similar. Obviously that's not going to happen though as you would lose close to 100% of the time and you're not stupid enough to burn money I think.

And congratulations on derailing another thread. I think at this point the derail can be moved to the low content thread and the link from Buccofan's post should be added to OP and that can basically be the end of the thread.

@IRS I haven't withdrawn from there recently but have in the past see no reason they'd be insolvent. This should be limited to some sort of breach where customer credit card numbers were stolen, I doubt 5dimes actually lost any customer funds as a result of whatever happened.
take a freakin breathe dude
stoffmakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #24
Mihkel05
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdvantage View Post
I know of 3 people that have had problems with their CCs ar 5 Dimes. There def is a problem.
Yes. It is a small subset of users. Claiming there is a customer data beach is like saying that having your username sent to the wrong e-mail address is a "customer data breach". While technically true it doesn't lead to anything other than fear mongering, not to mention no one is sure whether this occurred on the 5Dimes side or on the processor side.

No one has given a viable answer as to why this theft would include the least valuable assets in the cashier and why there appears to be no evidence of fraudulent wagering.
Mihkel05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #25
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: between overconfident and insecure
Posts: 18,203
Re: 5dimes customer data breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Congratulations once again for derailing another thread for no reason, if you legitimately don't believe Marineking threw the match put some money up against me at evens and i'll present my case to a panel of experts - let's say something like a professional starcraft 2 player, someone who works for a sportsbook in detecting fraud/match fixing and a professional sports bettor. We can set the question as 'in your opinion is match fixing overwhelmingly the most likely explanation for the events that unfolded' or similar. Obviously that's not going to happen though as you would lose close to 100% of the time and you're not stupid enough to burn money I think.

And congratulations on derailing another thread. I think at this point the derail can be moved to the low content thread and the link from Buccofan's post should be added to OP and that can basically be the end of the thread.
.
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online