Welcome to the SSNL Master Sticky. One sticky to rule them all.
SSNL is officially the highest-traffic strategy forum on all of 2p2! We have a lot of great posters here and they contribute a lot to the forum that everyone should know about. If we just stickied these things as they happen, like most strat forums, we would have 12 stickies.
This thread was created to be a master sticky. It will have links to our FAQ, the previous digests, essays and other works by our posters.
All posters need to read the Posting Guidelines and the FAQ at the minumum, but you really should read everything here. It will make you a better player & a better poster.
Where should I post my hand?
High Stakes NL - above 5/10 (above NL1000)
Mid Stakes NL - (NL400-NL1000)
Small Stakes NL - (NL100-NL200)
Micro Stakes NL - (NL50 and below)
Full Ring NL - (all SSNL/McNL full ring hands)
SSNL Required Reading & Really Important Reading
All forum users are expected to be familiar with the following posts before contributing. The most common reason for thread locks by a mod is becasue you asked a question addressed in one of these two posts. Please read!
* SSNL Posting Guidelines
* SSNL FAQ v3.1 (Updated 12/19/05)
* Lingo & Abbreviations
Unfortunately, the danger of your computer being hacked is one of the realities of playing online poker. Learn how to secure your computer against the hazards of the internets here:
* Viruses, Spyware, & Malware
(Computer Technical Help forum)
* SSNL now has it's own IRC channel. See SSNL IRC
SSNL Coaching Thread:
Coaching Thread Here
SSNL Digest Archive:
Here are links to SSNL Digests from the past, with the most recent first
*SSNL Digest July 2010
* SSNL Digest May-October 2007 (ICMoney)
* SSNL Digest 5/1-5/18 (74o Clownsuite)
* SSNL Digest March 2007 (1/2) by 74o Clownsuite
* SSNL Digest March 2007 (2/2) by 74o Clownsuite
* SSNL Digest 2/15/07 -- 2/28/07 (MyTurn2Raise)
* SSNL Digest 2-1-07--2/14-07 (MyTurn2Raise)
* SSNL Digest 1/16/07-1/31/07 (MyTurn2Raise)
* SSNL Digest 1-1-07 through 1-15-07 (MyTurn2Raise)
* SSNL Digest October 30, 2006 (74o_Clownsuit)
* SSNL Digest October 8, 2006 (TehPokarWizard)
* SSNL Digest for September 6 (Tickner)
* SSNL Digest for 7/25 (poincaraux)
* SSNL Digest for 7/17 (Al_Money22)
* SSNL Digest for 7/10 (kitaristi0)
* SSNL Digest for 7/3, Part 1 (dbitel)
* SSNL Digest for 7/3, Part 2 (EMcWilliams)
* June 21 By Jamougha
* Day of the Beast (6/6/06) By quarkncover
* April 30th - by 4_2_it
* March 11 (by matrix128)
* February 16 (by 4_2_it)
* Decemeber 14th - (posted by 4_2_it)
* November 20th (posted by xorbie)
* Nov 2nd (posted by xorbie)
* Oct 17th (posted by xorbie)
* Oct 10th (posted by Isura)
* September 25th (posted by Isura)
Pooh-Bah Posts & PSAs:
A Pooh-Bah post is a kind of essay on a focused strategy topic. Traditionally it's written by a poster who has transitioned up the learning curve a good ways by participating on the (strat) forums, building strategy conversations and playing a lot. They have learned most of the basics (which was harder than they imagined when they first started up the curve) and many of the advanced topics. Usually they write this essay around the time when they reach 1600 posts; which is the point where thier title is changed from 'veteran' to 'Pooh-Bah', hence the name.
A PSA is a 'Public Service Announcement' and is similar to a PB post, but it might not be strictly about hand strategy. It could be a broader topic (such as bankkroll or tilt control), or about contributing to the board. These will go here too.
* Mason55: Aggression Factor, VPIP, and You
* Pokey: How to Use Pokertracker
* ThaHero: Luck and Poker
* FreakDaddy: Taking Notes and Making Reads
* FreakDaddy: Taking Notes and Making Reads Part 2
*Keyser112's Poohbah post
* rsxpunk-Some Nuggets of Wisdom and bet sizing
* Panthro:Some Thoughts on Continuation Bet Sizing
* tannenj: Playing Junk from Late Position
* carnivalhobo: Bet Sizing/Hand Reading
* 74o_Clownsuit: Discussion: Defending the Button
* MasterLJ:Improving PT Performance
* bilbo-san: Why am I c-betting? (theory)
* ofishstix: Do things for a Reason
* goofyballer: Suited Connectors, Implied Odds, and You (theory/math)
* Baluga Whale on the Confidence and Skill Needed to Move Up
* PBJaxx: The Basics in Thinking in Terms of Ranges
* BalugaWhale: 'Loose Aggresive Play'
* dbitel: 'C/R vs. b/3b'
* tannenj: 4-betting PF
* EMcWilliams: 'Common actions and why we take them'
* Pokey: 'addressing two big SSNL questions'
* Pokey: 'Blind Stealing'
* Mercman572 : 'Hand Ranges'
* matrix128: 'LAG vs TAG'
* quarkncover: 'Control'
* djoyce003: 'Reads'
* dbitel: 'Taking stealing the blinds to next level'
* beavens: 'My Take On Tilt'
* ajmargarine: 'Bankroll and Moving Up'
* Pokey: 'The Parable of the Street Vendor'
* Pokey: ToP Study Group Digest
* poincaraux: 'Get it in'
* BalugaWhale: 'Analysis of a downswing'
* jjb108: 'A Non Pooh-bah Post'
* epdaws: 'Playing Out of Position'
* cbloom: 'What matters, What doesn't'
* Pokey: 'Switching from Limit to No-Limit'
* sam_h: Reraised Blind Battles and Bluffing with marginal hands
* EMcWilliams: 'Tips for multitabling'
* MikeyPatriot: 'How to Put It All Together and be a Winning Player'
* Pokey: 'Summary of the Voluntary Statistics Survey'
* ChipStorm: 'Poker, Options, Markets, People'
* Pokey: 'How to use 2+2's search engine'
* BalugaWhale: 'the so-called Baluga Theorem'
* kazana: 'Some sound advice: Noise/content ratio'
* Grunch: 'Difficult Decisions, Bad Designs'
* Grunch: Calculating the Fold Equity Needed for Break Even Shoving
* Moozh: Newbie Guide to B&M Play
* Bilbo's Advice from Old Dudes. Part 1: Free Money
* * Follow-up: pokerpudii's advice on investing and retirement
* Bilbo's Advice from Old Dudes. Part 2: Finish College
* Bilbo's Advice from Old Dudes. Part 3: Get the **** Outta here!
* 1fineday: NLP and Comfort Zone
* ofishstix reloaded: Know why you're playing
* thatssosick: Should I go Pro?
If you know of anything missing, please PM one of the mods.