Originally Posted by BigCityBanker
1. Tell us your poker story? Was there an epiphany? When did it all start to come together?
2. Why MilkyBarKid?
3. How long before you change your Hendon Mob DB picture?
4. Why an R8? Why not an A5?
5. What do you think makes you better than others?
6. Are you not in Amsterdam now?
7. Post some sick graphs and stats.
8. you were 80/42 over a sample of 115,000 hands - how are you just that good post flop?
9. What is your preferred game? i.e HU, 6max, 3 handed?
10. Why are you so good at short handed play? what skill do you have that gives you such an edge?
11. You and Chufty in a hu4rollz duel - who wins? Did he challenge you after you slagged him off on here earliuer in the year.
12. Biggest influences on your poker careeer?
13. There is a 6 max game running with one major donator - what stops you from getting into it? Another player having position on you etc.
14. Who is the best?
15. How many ships make a sheep?
good luck and thanks for doing this, i look forward to reading responses.
1. Well i started playing in 1990 after Mansour Matloubi won the WSOP main. His son was one of my best mates, and a few of us used to play Pot Limit Holdíem and Omaha for our pocket money. I played with the same few mates until i was old enough to play in casinos. At 18 i first played a £5 tournament with about 40 runners which i won. It felt great, and i was soon diving into the £0.50/£1 games and sometimes up to £2/£5. The games were usually Pot Limit Holdíem, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo.
I played maybe once every couple of weeks during university, and did pretty good. Then i travelled and moved to London. I made the occasional trip to the Grosvenor Victoria casino and usually played £1/£2 PL Omaha. I also started playing Omaha online at Paradise Poker about six years ago. I think i used to play $2/$4. It was tough to find time to play though with working 50 hour weeks. Even when i did play i was often tired or drunk.
I was lucky to land a high paying job in 2003, which for the first time gave me the opportunity to play much higher. I started winning £2000-£5000 a month playing some live and online. After this happened for a year, i decided to quit by job to see if i could make it just playing poker.
Just a week before i gave up my job, after iíd handed in my notice, i came 7th in Monte Carlo for about £50000. It was massive at the time for my bankroll, it allowed me to play comfortably at $5/$10 stakes.
From 2005-now i played stakes from $5/$10-$200/$400 primarily at PLO. There have been some sick swings but its been fun. If i had to say when it started to come together was when i switched to a much more aggressive style, and learnt how to maximise my profits using that style.
2. I auditioned to be the milkybarkid when i was nine years old. I got down to the last few, but couldnít win that short handed battle. It became my nickane after that....
3. Never. Iím too superstitious. Actually iíve been doing so badly in tournaments maybe a change would be good.
4. I just fell in love with the car when i saw one in my local Audi showroom. After a decent few weeks i just walked in and bought one.
5. Its tough. I think i have a really good feel for the game, and what plays my opponents are making. I think my style sends opponents out of their comfort zone and on tilt alot too.
6. Nah i decided not to go. Iíve been running/playing not so great in tournaments lately. Iíve also had some sick beats when i have played. Iím just going to play EPT Prague in December and iím looking forward to the tournament, and seeing the city.
7. 50/100 PLO Lifetime graph
8. I donít know. Iíve never read a book or watched a training video, i base most of my decisions on my instincts.
9. My results lifetime are probably best 4-6 handed, i actually have focused alot more on HU and 3/4 handed play this year, as i find it more fun.
10. I looked at my stats on Poker Tracker. 80%+ of people iíve played alot of hands against Heads Up i win more than 65% of the hands. So being the most aggressive player always me to take control of the matches.
11. Hehe. Iíve played so many hands against Chufty online, probably more than anyone else. It would be close, but iíd like to think iím favourite against any player HU PLO.
12. Not really sure. I have a few mates i chat strategy too on MSN, but i couldnít name one person.
13. Nothing stops me playing probably. I just canít stand short stackers and rock nut peddlers. I normally avoid those sorts of games.
14. I donít really have a big sample at all at stakes over $50/$100. Iím down most to David Benjamine at high stakes, so for now iíd say him.
15. Seven. No idea.