Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Televised Poker Discussions about televised poker shows of all kinds including the World Poker Tour, NAPT, WSOP, Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker. Sponsored by PokerTube

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #121
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 507
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplayscared View Post
vanessa looks sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by K 2the ArmA View Post
Vanessa is fn hot in this show.
so, they let you guys watch this in prison?
sleepymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #122
newbie
 
AdmanCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 44
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

lol, somehow still in this. 1000 left, 114k stack.
AdmanCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #123
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 58
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

I thought it was a decent show. It's obviously not going to appeal to poker players very much. People who aren't familiar with poker can watch a show like this and be entertained much more than they could watching a show like High Stakes Poker, so this is what you'd expect to be airing on fox at 5:30 pm. Hopefully this will bring some new players to the game.
Bren_Osoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #124
veteran
 
Got Nutz?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Running out ur back door!
Posts: 2,792
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Show sucked .
Got Nutz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #125
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 540
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Just watched it and man this show seems awfully rigged to me. Maybe not in the final match but it just seemed like the celebrities and Vanessa were kinda sorta trying to win but not really.
hammerva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #126
adept
 
luvrhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 785
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Shouldn't the freeroll play like the show and have two hands with avg stack of 25xBB, two hands @ 20xBB, 2 @ 10xBB, 2 @ 5xBB, etc...?
luvrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #127
old hand
 
ibluffoldladies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 3-betting your grandmother
Posts: 1,275
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Why should we watch if the pro's have nothing to play for? Is there an incentive for the pro's to win? You need both players battling for a prize to make it interesting. It's riggaments if only one person benefits from winning. Face the Ace part deux imo.
ibluffoldladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #128
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: @Kevmath
Posts: 27,880
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

The celebrities and pros were playing for charity.
Kevmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #129
centurion
 
asloper6001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 165
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

show sucked. gotta be kidding with the priest wanting to build a church on the new episode. thought gambling was a sin. same concept as face the ace and boring as hell to watch. just puts money in pokerstars wallet as usual.
asloper6001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #130
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 659
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibluffoldladies View Post
Why should we watch if the pro's have nothing to play for? Is there an incentive for the pro's to win? You need both players battling for a prize to make it interesting. It's riggaments if only one person benefits from winning. Face the Ace part deux imo.
The celebrities get $5000 for their charity if they win. The team pros win and they also get $5000 for their charity of choice. If I win, I get $10,000 for the Lili Claire foundation. Lots of money is being given away and I'm very proud of the show.

As I mentioned in my blog, the target audience is NOT 2+2ers AT ALL. I get that you guys like to see "real poker" like HSP, but this is for a very different audience and that's why the show was purposely done in such a way that it had a game show feel.

We have the right kind of celebrities for a football Sunday with John Salley, Jerome Bettis, Tito Ortiz, and Jayde Nichol for the first batch of shows. They are channel stoppers, people see them and go, "Huh, what is this?" and then watch for a bit.

The target audience would prefer watching this show over a PAD or HSP. Those shows are more geared towards you guys, real poker players, while our show hits the demographic of beginning players in a fun/exciting way.

The edited show was much better than I could have ever hoped. I don't expect you guys to like it, I get it. While you might not enjoy the show, you'd be shortsighted in thinking that certain people will really enjoy it.
Daniel Negreanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #131
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Logistics Expert
Posts: 13,112
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Negreanu View Post
The edited show was much better than I could have ever hoped. I don't expect you guys to like it, I get it. While you might not enjoy the show, you'd be shortsighted in thinking that certain people will really enjoy it.
Well, I have to admit, the show was definitely stupid enough that it will target Fox's core demographic.

Good luck with it.
pineapple888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #132
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 507
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

daniel, how bout spending less time posting about that horrible show and more time finishing up the 2easy challenge?
sleepymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #133
veteran
 
Shick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Feeding the Fish
Posts: 2,314
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Negreanu View Post
The celebrities get $5000 for their charity if they win. The team pros win and they also get $5000 for their charity of choice. If I win, I get $10,000 for the Lili Claire foundation. Lots of money is being given away and I'm very proud of the show.

As I mentioned in my blog, the target audience is NOT 2+2ers AT ALL. I get that you guys like to see "real poker" like HSP, but this is for a very different audience and that's why the show was purposely done in such a way that it had a game show feel.

We have the right kind of celebrities for a football Sunday with John Salley, Jerome Bettis, Tito Ortiz, and Jayde Nichol for the first batch of shows. They are channel stoppers, people see them and go, "Huh, what is this?" and then watch for a bit.

The target audience would prefer watching this show over a PAD or HSP. Those shows are more geared towards you guys, real poker players, while our show hits the demographic of beginning players in a fun/exciting way.

The edited show was much better than I could have ever hoped. I don't expect you guys to like it, I get it. While you might not enjoy the show, you'd be shortsighted in thinking that certain people will really enjoy it.

Exactly. 2+2 haters are being VERY short sighted about this. This is a poker game show that is airing on Sunday after football.

Let that sink in a little.

In case you still don't get it: This can only be good for poker!
Shick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #134
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,263
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Man that "blue eyes" at the final table is so bad, how the hell did she make it past 22 thousand people?
NoMeansNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #135
grinder
 
BorisHsArivd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 428
Re: PokerStars Million Dollar Challenge - ~4:30pm ET on Fox Sun. Oct. 11

Damn I didn't even know this was going to be on. Is this available to watch online yet?
BorisHsArivd is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive