Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Televised Poker Discussions about televised poker shows of all kinds including the World Poker Tour, NAPT, WSOP, Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 23,173
Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

Sorry I don't know which one it is and was wondering if anyone could please link me to it. I don't have high speed at my house and using friends broadband to watch it. Mods if this isnt ok cuz i'm lazy just delete plz.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
thoth_hermes
adept
 
thoth_hermes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: here, now
Posts: 804
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

I'm failing at posting the link, but just go to cardplayertube and its High Stakes Poker season 5 episode 2 part 5
thoth_hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
alexander7179
banned
 
alexander7179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: over here, drinking your milkshake
Posts: 2,831
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4pe5_J_PAw

its at 36 minutes
alexander7179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #4
Pechorin
enthusiast
 
Pechorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 91
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

Nice bluff - but he would have been called if it hadn't been on television.

It seems that the mantra of never playing for your stack with an over-pair is -ev
Pechorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
nebuer
old hand
 
nebuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,444
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

I think he has more chance of being called because it's on TV. No-one wants to be bluffed.
nebuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #6
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 23,173
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

tx guys i saw it and wow....simply wow.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
Jourdain
veteran
 
Jourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,796
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

standard
Jourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
Veil
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 812
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdain View Post
standard
.
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
luckbox88
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 980
Re: Durrrr bluff w/Eastgate and Greenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pechorin View Post
It seems that the mantra of never playing for your stack with an over-pair is -ev
Maybe. But when your 300BB deep, it's rarely gonna be +EV.
luckbox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #10
HighStakesUNO
enthusiast
 
HighStakesUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 95
Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

I'm trying to find a clip of this hand on YouTube but I'm having trouble. I know I found it on there before. My favorite televised clip in recent memory. Anyone have a link?
HighStakesUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #11
HighStakesUNO
enthusiast
 
HighStakesUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

GSN made the whole episode private on YouTube and PokerTube doesn't have it either? Please someone tell me I'm tripping.
HighStakesUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #12
stereoman
adept
 
stereoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Encyclopedia Dramatica must die!!
Posts: 819
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Ah, the trip deuces one? Don't think it's anywhere online probably because of copyright.

You can hear Barry's audio commentary of the hand if you want though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/poker/commen...reenstein_off/

General summary over at Cardplayer:

http://www.cardplayer.com/cardplayer...-ive-ever-seen
stereoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #13
HighStakesUNO
enthusiast
 
HighStakesUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoman View Post
Ah, the trip deuces one? Don't think it's anywhere online probably because of copyright.

You can hear Barry's audio commentary of the hand if you want though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/poker/commen...reenstein_off/

General summary over at Cardplayer:

http://www.cardplayer.com/cardplayer...-ive-ever-seen
Yeah! It's driving me nuts that I can't find it anywhere. Want to show it to someone who's just getting interested in the game. There was a clip of that hand that was up on YouTube a few months ago but now there's only clips of the other Durrrr/Greenstein confrontations from that session. The fact that GSN made the whole episode private irks me. Are they afraid it will compete with the reruns or something?
HighStakesUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Texas Donald
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 761
High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the hand on series 5 where Dwan makes a great play with q10 top pair and gets eastgate off trips and greenstein off aces.

Later on you can hear negreanu and dwan talking and both saying how if barry greenstein hadn't come out betting firstly on the flop, then dwan would never have won the hand. why is this?

is it because dwan would have bet had barry checked, then eastgate raised, and once it was back to dwan he wouldnt be able to bet so effectively.

In case youre unsure how it panned out, barry bet 10k on flop, dwan raised to 37k, eastgate called, barry called, turn - barry checks, dwan bets 105k and both players fold.

just wanting to clear up why it is so 'obvious' (acc to dwan) that if barry had not bet first that he wouldnt have won the hand.

thanks
Texas Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Ratpack
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=9343

Hand starts around 4.40, it's a great play by durrr
Ratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
killsadie
banned
 
killsadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stpl, mn
Posts: 6,338
Re: High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

Location: Durham, England
killsadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Birkin
old hand
 
Birkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,359
Re: High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

If barry hadn't bet, then dwan couldn't have raised. If barry had ckd and dwan had bet it would have been a lot harder for him to rep a hand like A2 or TT.
Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #18
djsnit
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 270
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=9343

Hand starts around 4.40, it's a great play by durrr
removed.
djsnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
Texas Donald
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 761
Re: High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by killsadie View Post
Location: Durham, England
your point?
Texas Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #20
KarlizL
veteran
 
KarlizL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,623
Re: High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by killsadie View Post
Location: Durham, E.ngland
.
KarlizL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
Texas Donald
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 761
Re: High stakes poker - dwan/eastgate/greenstein

weirdos
Texas Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:57 AM   #22
Bellagio Jesse
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Obv because Eastgate was playing way out of his bankroll and had easy 10% of his money in play and was scared.

He even said on CP that the reason for him folding was he bought in for too much he said if I had $200K I would of shipped it.
Bellagio Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #23
thejem
old hand
 
thejem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Six-Oh-Four
Posts: 1,531
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellagio Jesse View Post
Obv because Eastgate was playing way out of his bankroll and had easy 10% of his money in play and was scared.

He even said on CP that the reason for him folding was he bought in for too much he said if I had $200K I would of shipped it.
and that is teh reason gsn made it private.. nice
thejem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #24
ChristianT
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,744
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellagio Jesse View Post
Obv because Eastgate was playing way out of his bankroll and had easy 10% of his money in play and was scared.

He even said on CP that the reason for him folding was he bought in for too much he said if I had $200K I would of shipped it.
Yeah lol but then durrrr wouldn't have bet 104,300$ with just a top pair.
ChristianT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #25
zizek
old hand
 
zizek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,980
Re: Durrrr gets Eastgate and Greenstein to Fold with Worst Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellagio Jesse View Post
Obv because Eastgate was playing way out of his bankroll and had easy 10% of his money in play and was scared.

He even said on CP that the reason for him folding was he bought in for too much he said if I had $200K I would of shipped it.
Adjusting your play for effective stacks is fundamental poker strategy. It has nothing to do with being scared.
zizek is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online