list continued...will keep updating as I keep going through
97. If you've just painted a room and want to get rid of the smell, put a peeled onion in a bucket of water and put that in the room and the smell will go. (12,1166)
98. Many painters will add a little vanilla to the paint. Doesn't change the color --- deadens the smell.(12.1179)
I go to a friends flat warming party a week before uni starts, the flats a standard 2 bed student place, not very big but just w/e decent, the party is gettin pretty packed out when i need to take a monster dump! so go to the bathroom do my thing, and then awwwww noo there's no air fresher/deoderant anything in the bathroom, now im stuck because this is a smallish student flat and the main living area is 2 metres off the bathroom and no way do wanna leave the bathroom and stink the entire place out esp when there's a bunch of girls standing around the hallway.
Life trick- in the shower there's a bottle of herbal essences, so i take the shampoo an pour it around the toilet bowl as if it was a toilet cleaner, once i flush the toilet within 1min the entire bathroom smells like fruit fusions, walk out and there's 2 girls waitin to use the bathroom, crisis averted.(13,1234)
100. You can also use a match if you happen to have one, or can get one beforehand.(13,1240)
101. -Sprinting for about 5 seconds is better than any coffee for waking you up (A nurse who worked nights I heard this from) (13,1271)
102. It's not a trivial amount though. A cup (8 US fluid oz) of water is 237 mL. 8 cups a day is roughly 1900 mL, or 1900g. Warming that amount every day from ~4 C to 37 C is 62.7 Kcal. Over the course of the year that's roughly ~23000 Kcal, and at 3500 Kcal per pound that's 6.5 pounds of fat burned off just from heating water (or you can think of it as fasting for 10-15 days). Obviously you don't go from Jabba the Hutt to Kate Bosworth just from drinking ice cold water, but it does have an actual effect.(13,1286)
103 [Insert image here]
Just clamped one of these on the back of my desk and threaded a usb cable up through it for my camera and other accessories. The weight of the cable makes it self-retract and it catches on the binder clip before falling to the floor.(13,1290)
104. If you're tired of your car stereo sounding the same all the time, and want that "at a live concert with shltty sound" quality, turn the bass way up and the treble way down.
Adjust the fade to all the way in the back speakers or at least half-way. It will sound more "raw" this way, like you're at a live performance.(14,1320)
105. If you want to read a subscription only article like http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...673674598.html
Go to Google and type in cache:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...673674598.html
It will then show you the article in full because the Googlebot didn't need a login.
You can also use a firefox addon to modify your useragent but this is easier in some ways.(14,1321)
106. If you have to walk up creaky stairs while trying to be quiet, walk as close to the wall as possible to minimize the noise.(14,1343)
If you are browsing through a facebook album, you can click the left and right arrows on your keyboard instead of either clicking the picture or the "previous" and "next" links on the screen. It makes for easier browsing imo.
get greasemonkey and ffixer for better facebook picture browsing. They have an option to "load full album" instead of 15 pics per page. Then "show full images", so it can load 100s of full size pics on the same page, so you don't have to open up each picture. Also you can just hover any smaller image and a large version of the pic shows up in the side of the page.(14,1354)
108. When you don't have a bottle opener handy (or a lighter, for that matter), you can open a bottle against any hard surface. Simply hold the bottle with your left hand, position the side of the cap on the edge of the hard surface, then come down with your right hand with a closed fist on top of the bottle, while simultaneously pulling down with your left. The cap comes off every time.(14,1362)
109. If you need to know which side the petrol cap is on a car, just look at the which side the hose is on fuel gauge logo.
ie this hose is on the right therefore the filler cap is on the right side of the car. this is useful when driving hire cars. (14,1370)rebutted in post 1379
110. Actually, often (in American cars?) the side on which the fuel tank lies is indicated by an arrow next to the gas pump symbol in the fuel gauge.
111. When on a road trip if you want to be guaranteed clean restrooms for the purposes of dropping a deuce, stopping at any nice hotel (think Holiday Inn+) and use the lobby restrooms...nobody uses them and they will always be very clean. If you are in the middle on nowhere and can't find a decent enough hotel, well, GG, but Holiday Inn Express is everywhere now.(14,1386)