Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #42401
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 51,943
Re: Online dating thread

Damn, I went like two years once between matching with some flight attendant on Tinder and finally hooking up with her a couple times when she was in town. Should have posted it to Twitter and gotten a free trip out of it.
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #42402
Eeyorefora
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,706
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
Damn, I went like two years once between matching with some flight attendant on Tinder and finally hooking up with her a couple times when she was in town. Should have posted it to Twitter and gotten a free trip out of it.
Yeah, what is the big deal about them not meeting for awhile?

He might like being an internet cuck

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:58 AM   #42403
Guy Incognito
adept
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: LAS
Posts: 1,185
Re: Online dating thread

I matched with a girl on a dating site in 2004... finally met/closed the deal in 2013.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #42404
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

I had something similar except I didn't close the deal. Prolly could have but was super sick when we finally met
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #42405
Eeyorefora
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,706
Re: Online dating thread

Ah,got my first rejection because I'm the wrong color.

Nothing else,just a curt "I only date black men" reply.

But of course her profile never mentioned it,it just was the typical "are there any good guys left?"

I kinda want to catfish these women and see how much **** they actually put up with....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:54 AM   #42406
SandraXII
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,240
Re: Online dating thread

Just been swiping on tinder and I'm seeing at least 10 of the same girls over and over again. Anyone else? This has happened for me with bumble but not tinder before now.
SandraXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #42407
Malucci
Pooh-Bah
 
Malucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,909
Re: Online dating thread

Definitely see a lot of the same on both sites.
Malucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #42408
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

Had a date yesterday and today. Both showed up looking 10-20 pounds bigger than their pictures
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #42409
Malucci
Pooh-Bah
 
Malucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,909
Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
Had a date yesterday and today. Both showed up looking 10-20 pounds bigger than their pictures


Definitely see a lot of the same on all of the sites.
Malucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #42410
TheMVP
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 454
Re: Online dating thread

Hilarious how little effort girls put into first messages on Bumble.

There are hundreds of pages online dedicated to opening message strategy for guys, but girls can get away with just sending an emoji lol
TheMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #42411
DisGunBGud
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DisGunBGud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: GENIE LAND
Posts: 18,814
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
Had a date yesterday and today. Both showed up looking 10-20 pounds bigger than their pictures
Shouldn't be shocking. Girls are masters of picture angles and taking 287 pictures to obtain that perfect angle. Comes with the territory. If I meet a girl that I click with and 10-20 lbs is what's holding me back from taking things further maybe I need to look at myself in the mirror.
DisGunBGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #42412
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGunBGud View Post
Shouldn't be shocking. Girls are masters of picture angles and taking 287 pictures to obtain that perfect angle. Comes with the territory. If I meet a girl that I click with and 10-20 lbs is what's holding me back from taking things further maybe I need to look at myself in the mirror.


This wasn't angling it was just they gained weight since their pictures .

And it's not holding me back . Was just annoying cause they were both extremely hot and the weight made them average lol
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #42413
Eeyorefora
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,706
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
This wasn't angling it was just they gained weight since their pictures .

And it's not holding me back . Was just annoying cause they were both extremely hot and the weight made them average lol
10lbs isnt much to hide,I doubt I could tell unless she's rail thin.

20 lbs+,that starts to be deception territory.

Do you call her out?

I've settled for a fatty and been pleasantly surprised occasionally, either they look surprisingly good naked or at least make up for it in effort.



Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #42414
miajag
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
miajag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Et me, buddy.
Posts: 17,017
Re: Online dating thread

I can only recall once where the girl was significantly bigger/less attractive than in her pictures. She was also really boring and lame in person too, so there wasn't any chance of going further regardless. The opposite side was the time I met a girl who looked very plain in her photos (not unattractive, just a bunch of face-only pics with no makeup and wearing t-shirts and stuff) but showed up to our first meet wearing a nice dress and looking absolutely stunning. Sadly didn't close the deal there because she got a job in another state and moved away a few weeks later
miajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #42415
PartyGirlUK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PartyGirlUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Self banned
Posts: 20,684
Re: Online dating thread

Second worst date I've been on (worst is mentioned a bit back) was when the girl was literally 50 or so lbs heavier than her photos. Plus her skin was way worse. I saw a girl outside the bar who looked like she was waiting for a date but couldn't believe it was the same person and walked right past her. Couldn't find my girl in the bar, turned around and saw the girl giving me the "Are you ... ?" look. It was a really small crowded bar (literally called Small Bar) with people all around us which made calling off the date more socially awkward. Plus, I'm British. The date actually went on for ages (2-3 hours) because she really liked me and I'm bad at ending these things early. She had mental issues too. I definitely should have cancelled the date right away, would have hurt her feelings which isn't good but 50lbs is clear deception. I genuinely wasn't sure it was the same person and had to go home and stare at her dating pics for quite a while to realise it was.

In my experience if their photos show them with a slender physique they'll typically be the same weight in person (this girl was an exception). If they have 5 photos only one with their body which shows them say 10 lbs above optimal ("average girl") they'll be 20-25lbs above optimal in person. Really unusual IME for a girl like that to actually be 10 lbs above optimal. Anyone with few/zero body pics is inherently suspect.
PartyGirlUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #42416
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorefora View Post
10lbs isnt much to hide,I doubt I could tell unless she's rail thin.

20 lbs+,that starts to be deception territory.

Do you call her out?

I've settled for a fatty and been pleasantly surprised occasionally, either they look surprisingly good naked or at least make up for it in effort.



Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk


They both kinda mentioned it.

One of them had a picture showing off her stomach which was even more funny
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #42417
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 51,943
Re: Online dating thread

I had one girl who was down to Netflix and chill but only had face pictures. So once I got her phone number I was able to track down her Facebook pictures to see what I was getting myself into and there was lots of full body pictures with a nice body, so I was like OK, nice, come on over. Shows up probably a hundred pounds heavier, must have been reusing them as her profile picture because they showed up as recent. Awkward.
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #42418
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

See when this girl texted me . Didn't know who it was so I did the Facebook search and saw a face picture which looked chubbier so I was prepared .

Also had a date 2 weeks ago where she didn't give me her number before the date .

We went mini golfing and ended up having sex in her minivan in the parking lot after lol.

The next day she was giving me the runaround on giving me her number so I cut off contact
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #42419
PartyGirlUK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PartyGirlUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Self banned
Posts: 20,684
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
I had one girl who was down to Netflix and chill but only had face pictures. So once I got her phone number I was able to track down her Facebook pictures to see what I was getting myself into and there was lots of full body pictures with a nice body, so I was like OK, nice, come on over. Shows up probably a hundred pounds heavier, must have been reusing them as her profile picture because they showed up as recent. Awkward.
A hundred? What did you do?
PartyGirlUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #42420
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 51,943
Re: Online dating thread

Alcohol. Lots of alcohol.
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #42421
SandraXII
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,240
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGirlUK View Post
Second worst date I've been on (worst is mentioned a bit back) was when the girl was literally 50 or so lbs heavier than her photos. Plus her skin was way worse. I saw a girl outside the bar who looked like she was waiting for a date but couldn't believe it was the same person and walked right past her. Couldn't find my girl in the bar, turned around and saw the girl giving me the "Are you ... ?" look. It was a really small crowded bar (literally called Small Bar) with people all around us which made calling off the date more socially awkward. Plus, I'm British. The date actually went on for ages (2-3 hours) because she really liked me and I'm bad at ending these things early. She had mental issues too. I definitely should have cancelled the date right away, would have hurt her feelings which isn't good but 50lbs is clear deception. I genuinely wasn't sure it was the same person and had to go home and stare at her dating pics for quite a while to realise it was.

In my experience if their photos show them with a slender physique they'll typically be the same weight in person (this girl was an exception). If they have 5 photos only one with their body which shows them say 10 lbs above optimal ("average girl") they'll be 20-25lbs above optimal in person. Really unusual IME for a girl like that to actually be 10 lbs above optimal. Anyone with few/zero body pics is inherently suspect.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qk4d8lfTxk
SandraXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #42422
DisGunBGud
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DisGunBGud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: GENIE LAND
Posts: 18,814
Re: Online dating thread

A hundred?!?!?!? okay I would have told her to spit my date out
DisGunBGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #42423
Eeyorefora
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,706
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
Alcohol. Lots of alcohol.
Yeah, cause you already had a bunch of crack.....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #42424
Eeyorefora
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,706
Re: Online dating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrwood View Post
See when this girl texted me . Didn't know who it was so I did the Facebook search and saw a face picture which looked chubbier so I was prepared .

Also had a date 2 weeks ago where she didn't give me her number before the date .

We went mini golfing and ended up having sex in her minivan in the parking lot after lol.

The next day she was giving me the runaround on giving me her number so I cut off contact
That sounds like she was married.
Especially having a minivan.



Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Eeyorefora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #42425
wesrwood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wesrwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 20,786
Re: Online dating thread

She def had kids. Idk. I got what I wanted so no complaints
wesrwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online