Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Other Topics Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #101
udbrky
stranger
 
udbrky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: avoiding responsibility
Posts: 28,769
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostaevski View Post
what about women with really long fingernails?

also - wtf people stand up to wipe? Why? No wonder I go into a stall at work sometimes and the seat is covered in ****.

also also - think about the dude that shat before you, got some on his hand, and got an indiscernible amount of it on the toilet paper roll, door latch, etc. That dude has e.coli and is Hep+. LOL at you dumb ****s who don't wash your hands after going in after him.
I'm always scared to touch something girls with 6"+ long fingernails have touched because of this. I also am scared to touch anything in a public restroom. This is why you should thoroughly wash your hands, using a paper towel to turn off the water, and a paper towel to open the door, and not touch anything after washing your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADHEAD View Post
This is an honest question, does anyone have a blind friend or something with a good sense of humor that you could ask! This was asked during a drinking game where you have to keep asking questions without answering or laughing and this one killed me.
Bidet.

I like to look and make sure business is taken care of, and wash my hands afterwards. I just don't like risking being unclean. What's the harm in making sure? The ladies appreciate it.
udbrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #102
suzzer99
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on top of the bell curve
Posts: 80,769
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Adam Corrolla says wiping his ass is "like getting peanut butter out of shag carpeting".
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #103
Sephus
Pooh-Bah
 
Sephus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,668
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostaevski View Post
question for standers -
i don't get it. You sit to poop right (or do you stand for that part too)? Then you stand up and... what? turn and face the toilet? Do you put a foot up on the toilet seat or something? Do you straddle the toilet?
i generally don't move my feet too much, i just stand up. i tried it sitting once and it just felt wrong.
Sephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:50 AM   #104
Bulletproof Monk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bulletproof Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Best in the world at what I do
Posts: 22,218
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

the reason for standing is to look at your poo right? how do you feel when you look at it?
Bulletproof Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #105
Alobar
Born Ready
 
Alobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd turtle from the bottom
Posts: 38,992
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof Monk View Post
the reason for standing is to look at your poo right? how do you feel when you look at it?
like a proud father!

I stand to wipe, and I guess the reason I do it is cuz its the way ive always done it. *Shrug* Altho, since I look at the paper it seems much easier to do when standing than when sitting. looking at the TP while sitting seems fraught with danger, either you gotta pull it back out and risk smearage, or you gotta do some weird lean thing. I'll just stick with standing, its worked for me this long, dont see why one is any better than the other.
Alobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:10 AM   #106
CheckRaise
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CheckRaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: $450,000 crack party
Posts: 21,160
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

lean ftw although last year i broke our toilet seat while leaning
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:32 AM   #107
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,582
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Fun thread.
LFS - Ummm, wow.

I'm a stander fwiw. I'm honestly not even sure how I would do this still sitting. I guess I knew that people did this while sitting somehow. Seems the reach would be kind of awkward around the seat or whatever. I'm sure it's mechanically a lot easier than I'm making it out to be but since I've always been a stander and probabl will continue to be I don't really need or care to know.


Interesting about the dudes shaving their butt. Hmmm. I'm definitely a bit hairier than average.
I think I would be kind of scared to shave though.


Also have to assume that one's diet has a lot to do with average number of wipes.
I almost always think 'by feel' that I'm done but the visual evidence tells me otherwise and that it's not quite there yet.
It usually ends up being 1 or 2 more necessary.

Note to the non-lookers: That's why everyone is making fun of you. Because to those who actually do look it's becomes obvious pretty quickly that going by 'feel' alone isn't the most accurate method much of the time.


Also - didn't we have this convo in OOT before like 2+ yrs ago or so perhaps?
I remember being amazed at the number of non-lookers in the universe. However, this does at least partly explain why other people can be so stinky I guess.
Every play live-poker? Willing to bet that some of them are non-lookers when it comes to this particular issue.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:38 AM   #108
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

yeah the sitting thing never made sense to me. so you reach your hand into the bowl? yeah that's much better.
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #109
worthless
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on a black rock.
Posts: 1,250
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

I really don't get the standers. It seems like that would just smear it around and make the process much more difficult.

Yeah Daryn, you reach right between your legs and wipe. It's not like your hand comes anywhere close to the toilet water/excrement.

lol@pokerbob picturing people reaching to the back while sitting, that seems impossible.
worthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:48 AM   #110
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

it's not like you stand completely erect (lololololol), you just stand up and lean forward. sometimes i turn around and face the bowl but maybe that's only because i'm left handed and the tp roll is usually on the right if you face the bowl, which is better for a lefty.

also, some older toilets don't even have that much space in front that you can reach through. not to mention my legs are enormous, that makes it even harder. i can't even imagine it being done to be honest.
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 AM   #111
offTopic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
offTopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: I guarantee it.
Posts: 16,875
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

I thought I was going crazy because I was virtually certain that this thread had been done before. I was surprised that it was started by andyfox, though.
offTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 AM   #112
CheckRaise
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CheckRaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: $450,000 crack party
Posts: 21,160
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthless View Post
I really don't get the standers. It seems like that would just smear it around and make the process much more difficult.

Yeah Daryn, you reach right between your legs and wipe. It's not like your hand comes anywhere close to the toilet water/excrement.

lol@pokerbob picturing people reaching to the back while sitting, that seems impossible.
wait you spread your legs and reach between them from the front, how the f does that work?
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #113
Hoya
veteran
 
Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,056
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthless View Post
I really don't get the standers. It seems like that would just smear it around and make the process much more difficult.
How would standing lead to smearing? That makes no sense.

I feel like I get better leverage standing.
Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #114
AlexM
ignored
 
AlexM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hate cannot drive out hate
Posts: 20,650
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephus View Post
i stand to wipe because i've been doing it for 20 years. i had never heard of sitting to wipe until last year.
I thought only women sat to wipe and only for wiping their cootchy. How do you wipe both directions sitting? If you don't wipe both ways, you're missing some.
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:51 AM   #115
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
I thought only women sat to wipe. Also, how do you wipe both directions sitting? If you don't wipe both ways, you're missing some.
just stop now. you're about to open a very large can of worms.
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #116
AlexM
ignored
 
AlexM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hate cannot drive out hate
Posts: 20,650
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokahjunkie View Post
I have been teaching the blind for six years and have heard a lot of ridiculous questions, but never this one. Blindness does not make you stupid. Personally, I don't check out the paper as I'm wiping. I know if I wipe a few times I'm okay, not to mention you can tell when you are getting something there.
How do you enjoy your skid marks?
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #117
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

the more i think about it the more blown away i am by the people who say "i just know" or "i go by feel".. like the guy in this thread suggested. try an experiment for a week. every time you "just know" that you're all set, wipe again and take a look.
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:56 AM   #118
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,582
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Reach between your legs and wipe?
Seems like I would come a lot closer to the water or bowl than I would like.
FWIW, I'm not a super-fatty or anything and it's not like I'm trying to jam myself as deep into the bowl as I can. But doing it that way just seems really awkward.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #119
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,582
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

daryn - completely agree.
Especially in regard to the "3 wipes and I'm done" guy.
WTF?

This is roughly the equivilent to saying, "45 seconds of peeing and I know I'm done. I just count to 45. I don't need to look to see if any more pee is coming out. I just zip-up and leave."

I also don't understand people who DON'T look. What are you afraid of? Why not check to be sure?
I think that perhaps this could have something to do with those who remain sitting while they are doing this because perhaps it is more awkward to pull it back out for inspection or something.
Yet another reason why standing is likely superior.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #120
pokahjunkie
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wasting time.
Posts: 141
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryn View Post
the more i think about it the more blown away i am by the people who say "i just know" or "i go by feel".. like the guy in this thread suggested. try an experiment for a week. every time you "just know" that you're all set, wipe again and take a look.
How do you think I learned I did not have to look and could go by feel. I am beginning to think some of the posters here didn't learn to correctly wipe there ass. I'm done, never thought I could go on life tilt trying to tell people how wipe there ass.
pokahjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #121
CheckRaise
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CheckRaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: $450,000 crack party
Posts: 21,160
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offTopic View Post
I thought I was going crazy because I was virtually certain that this thread had been done before. I was surprised that it was started by andyfox, though.
Weird i was allowed to vote in the poll. Looking at the responses in that thread i thought the results were going to be much different. Good to know that most of OOT keeps a clean ass.
CheckRaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #122
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokahjunkie View Post
How do you think I learned I did not have to look and could go by feel. I am beginning to think some of the posters here didn't learn to correctly wipe there ass. I'm done, never thought I could go on life tilt trying to tell people how wipe there ass.
the point lookers are trying to make is sometimes it takes 2 wipes, sometimes it takes 6, etc. and i really don't believe there is a tactile difference between that 5th wipe and that (when necessary) 6th wipe. the logical conclusion is that sometimes you are leaving **** on your ass. sorry dude.

not to mention that your charge that some of the posters here didn't learn to wipe correctly is ridiculous. how can you say i don't know how to wipe correctly when 100 PERCENT OF THE TIME I LEAVE NO **** ON MY ASS HOLE???
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 AM   #123
iggymcfly
runs good at HORSE
 
iggymcfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 25,360
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

Yeah, non-looking and sitting are both ridiculous. I think the non-looking's been covered, but the sitting honestly baffles me even more. Do you go back to front instead of front to back? How do you get that part of your ass behind/above the hole that you'd be sitting on? Do you ever accidentally smear sh*t on your balls? Standing up and reaching around instead of going between the legs is 100x more practical. I knew that women sometimes wiped sitting down, but I didn't think that men did it ever. If you asked me to ballpark a number of men from 1st-world countries that wiped sitting down before reading this thread, I would have guessed <1%.

Actually, maybe that's the problem. This might be a cultural thing. Are any of you men who wipe sitting down white Americans? I could see it if you live in Japan with magic toilets or maybe even for Asians in general that might have less ass hair and generally end up with a cleaner bunghole.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:07 AM   #124
daryn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 26,737
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

i was shocked to learn there are tons of guys who sit to pee too! conclusion: some people are just straight up ****ing weirdos, but they'll never admit it, since to them it seems so normal. kind of like people who say "on accident" instead of "by accident", and "on line" instead of "in line".
daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:07 AM   #125
MicroBob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MicroBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 61,582
Re: How do blind people know when to stop wiping?

I can see how it could be different for some people though.
Some people have better touch down there or something.
And I think having hair might make it more difficult to tell when you aren't done either.

So maybe for some individuals they really can tell by feel and really don't need to look. But this is me trying to be open-minded and generous to the opposing view. My hunch is that a vast majority of the "I go by feel" type non-lookers aren't quite as clean as they could/should be.
MicroBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online