Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Books and Publications Discussion and reviews of books, videos, and magazines. Sponsored by TwoPlusTwoStore.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
bdc
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Stupid question I guess, but so many people are looking forward to it. I'm finding it difficult to wait.

Mason, has 2+2 ever done this before?
Benefits would be noticing the inevitable typos and forumula corrections.

Like a software beta-release with a built-in expiry date in the pre-release pdf file, if that's even possible.

Anyways, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Regards.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:21 AM   #2
Mason Malmuth
Top Dog
 
Mason Malmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: @MasonMalmuth
Posts: 9,842
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Stupid question I guess, but so many people are looking forward to it. I'm finding it difficult to wait.

Mason, has 2+2 ever done this before?
Benefits would be noticing the inevitable typos and forumula corrections.

Like a software beta-release with a built-in expiry date in the pre-release pdf file, if that's even possible.

Anyways, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Regards.
Hi bdc:

No. The Amazon kindle format should come shortly after the printed copy is released, and then other ebook formats will follow after that.

In addition, the manuscript is still be worked on, so my guess is that we're still three months away initial release.

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason Malmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:59 AM   #3
sheeprustler
veteran
 
sheeprustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: @sheeprustler
Posts: 3,203
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Hadn't heard there was to be a new book. What is it to be called? Google is not giving me anything.
sheeprustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #4
Mason Malmuth
Top Dog
 
Mason Malmuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: @MasonMalmuth
Posts: 9,842
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeprustler View Post
Hadn't heard there was to be a new book. What is it to be called? Google is not giving me anything.
That's because Google doesn't know anything about it. You should keep up with the Two Plus Two Poker Strategy Magazine:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue144/

Best wishes,
Mason
Mason Malmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
AguaPorFavor
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: My mommy's uterus
Posts: 434
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Janda should just re-do his previous work by revamping the preflop section. The contents of the new book looks unpromising
AguaPorFavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
Matthew Janda
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 693
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaPorFavor View Post
Janda should just re-do his previous work by revamping the preflop section. The contents of the new book looks unpromising
The problem with doing this is it would effectively make readers pay for a lot of the same material twice.

Out of curiosity, what type of content would you have liked to see? If you do end up reading the book please send me a PM letting me know if you were disappointed in the content or if it ended up being better and a bit more advanced than you were expecting.
Matthew Janda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
Alternate Identity
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: it is all about location
Posts: 386
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaPorFavor View Post
Janda should just re-do his previous work by revamping the preflop section. The contents of the new book looks unpromising
To you, it does. But to others, it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Janda View Post
The problem with doing this is it would effectively make readers pay for a lot of the same material twice.

Out of curiosity, what type of content would you have liked to see? If you do end up reading the book please send me a PM letting me know if you were disappointed in the content or if it ended up being better and a bit more advanced than you were expecting.
As I haven't read your first book, I am going to start with this second book and if I like it, I will get your first book. Good plan?
Alternate Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #8
Matthew Janda
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 693
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Identity View Post
As I haven't read your first book, I am going to start with this second book and if I like it, I will get your first book. Good plan?
I'd start with the second book. Then I think you can talk to others and see if you think the first book would be something you'd enjoy and benefit from. They're very different types of books, largely because the second book would have been impossible to write a few years ago.
Matthew Janda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #9
Dom1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 204
Re: A "long shot" but will there be a pdf ebook pre-release of Janda's new book?

Hello,

Is this primarily a cash game book, does it apply to live or online?

Thanks
Dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online