Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Notices

Books and Publications Discussion and reviews of books, videos, and magazines. Sponsored by TwoPlusTwoStore.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #31
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need Some Coaching View Post
I'm not going to knock baluga as he's obv a very good player who's been playing at pretty high stakes but I do want some evidence that the advice is current and still works.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
newbie
 
Tiltful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 49
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
Lastly, I don't care of Baluga becomes a losing player. His book is amazing and completely revamped my game. I'm sure I've already made the money back from the concepts I've learned and I can only continue to improve from there. His videos are also absolutely amazing. He is a great teacher, despite results, and the book is worth every penny. On top of that, you also don't have to worry about just anyone being able to read it. Only players who are serious on their game invest in it, and trust me, you won't see those guys at your stakes much longer.
Well said. I don't care either, since his books have helped my game than any other poker book I've read. And he's not a losing player. He was up over $260K and now probably only up $100K -- that doesn't equate that he's a losing player. Obviously, negative people -- who despise expensive books, because they cannot afford them -- have the negative mentality that his +$100K would go nowhere but landslide and would say in the most persuasive way that he is a losing player.

For those skeptics itching to see a graph of my winnings, sorry I won't waste my time and do that for you.
Tiltful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #33
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Cwocwoc your obviously not willing to invest in your own game. There is no magic pill. Since reading this book, watching Baluga's videos, and studying the concepts and working hard, my game improved greatly. I'm not sure what before and after results your looking for. I guess I can say that anytime I'm in a hand, I feel confident what is going on, what I'm looking to do, and why I'm doing what I'm doing. I understand concepts much much better now. Prior to this I'd make moves but not know why or understand why. I have been able to move up since reading this and studying Balugas concepts and feel very confident when I moved up.

Baluga has admitted in his blog to taking shots at higher stakes in deep stack games. Therefore it's possible to lose 173k within the year very easily. This is only one site folks. I'm sure Baluga plays on other sites and maybe even smaller site that aren't tracked as well as plays live. This doesn't change the fact that he is a great teacher, breaks concepts down in ways that are easy to understand.

So if Baluga plays and has a 500k month or week, are we suddenly going to post those results and say how amazing he is ? Doubtful. Just like posting a losing year at high stakes, posting a huge score isn't changing the fact that he's an excellent teacher and his book is worth the cost.

Nobody is telling you to buy these books. In fact I'd prefer you didn't buy it as it'd just be another player improving their game. What I am saying though is sometimes you need to invest in yourself, just like people invest in their businesses. If you play 50nl or 100nl, investing $900 in your game for this book will greatly help your game. You'd probably easily make that back within a month or two, plus move up if you study and apply the concepts.

I am a better player after reading this book than I was prior. How much better? I'd say easily the cost of the book.
TrevRobCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #34
journeyman
 
Need Some Coaching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 226
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
If you play 50nl or 100nl, investing $900 in your game for this book will greatly help your game. You'd probably easily make that back within a month or two, plus move up if you study and apply the concepts.
Winning 1.79 BB/100 over 213K hands is not that uncommon.

If someone is going to demand serious coin for strategy advice, he needs to have a track record I can trust. As in one million hands with a 3 BB/100+ winrate. That shows that someone is a consistent, disciplined winner over time.

Dusty Schmidt, for all his faults, is in that ballpark.
Need Some Coaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #35
newbie
 
Tiltful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 49
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyNumbaz View Post
Thanx for the kinkos tip i think ill do the same. Love the book. +ev
Here's what the binding looks like:

Tiltful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #36
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
Nobody is telling you to buy these books. In fact I'd prefer you didn't buy it.

I am a better player after reading this book than I was prior. How much better? I'd say easily the cost of the book.

So you're unwilling to post any results and we still have no evidence whether the book is any good or whether your results have really improved after reading it,as you claim.If you don't want anyone to buy the book why are you plugging it so hard?
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:00 AM   #37
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Sigh. It's clear cwocwoc that you don't like ebooks, the price, or don't want to invest in anything. I don't want you to purchase it because just like anyone who improves, it makes the games tougher. Common sense there. Secondly, by me posting results it means nothing. I am a 100% better player after reading this book. Any results I post can't show exactly what this book or any video or anything I studied directly had impact wise on my specific results. In short, I was playing 50nl on Cake prior to reading this book and became a 200nl regular on Cake afterward. I have more than quadrupled my Cake roll during this time. I attribute my work ethic of studying the game, reading this book, and talking hands over with better players to this. Hell, if anything for a $900 book you'd think I'd feel ripped off and negative things to say as you generally expect a lot with that price.

I have no financial gain to post how this book improved my game. In fact, I've never even spoke with Baluga. People asked if the book helped, and I stated that it helped my game. Considering I worked in the training industry for 2 years and watched countless training videos, I'd say this book had the biggest impact to make concepts "click" for me. The bottom line is the book helped my game combined with how I studied the material. No, it's not a magic pill. Yes, it's worth the price. Yes, I've improved my game overall from the purchase and studying of the material. Yes, I recommend this book to others. No, I don't wish you'd buy it because it'll make my opponents better.

It's also important to realize that any results myself or anyone would post wouldn't correlate to your results anyways simply due to everyone needing to work on different aspects of their games. I struggled with turn play and non showdown pots. Therefore I saw an increase in my profits from non showdown pots as well as turn play. For you, it may be something else. Just as for the next guy it may be something different .

Last edited by TrevRobCR; 01-13-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling..... still sucks but oh well.
TrevRobCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #38
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
Sigh. It's clear cwocwoc that you don't like ebooks, the price, or don't want to invest in anything. I don't want you to purchase it because just like anyone who improves, it makes the games tougher. Common sense there. Secondly, by me posting results it means nothing. I am a 100% better player after reading this book. Any results I post can't show exactly what this book or any video or anything I studied directly had impact wise on my specific results. In short, I was playing 50nl on Cake prior to reading this book and became a 200nl regular on Cake afterward. I have more than quadrupled my Cake roll during this time. I attribute my work ethic of studying the game, reading this book, and talking hands over with better players to this. Hell, if anything for a $900 book you'd think I'd feel ripped off and negative things to say as you generally expect a lot with that price.

I have no financial gain to post how this book improved my game. In fact, I've never even spoke with Baluga. People asked if the book helped, and I stated that it helped my game. Considering I worked in the training industry for 2 years and watched countless training videos, I'd say this book had the biggest impact to make concepts "click" for me. The bottom line is the book helped my game combined with how I studied the material. No, it's not a magic pill. Yes, it's worth the price. Yes, I've improved my game overall from the purchase and studying of the material. Yes, I recommend this book to others. No, I don't wish you'd buy it because it'll make my opponents better.

It's also important to realize that any results myself or anyone would post wouldn't correlate to your results anyways simply due to everyone needing to work on different aspects of their games. I struggled with turn play and non showdown pots. Therefore I saw an increase in my profits from non showdown pots as well as turn play. For you, it may be something else. Just as for the next guy it may be something different .
I've got Ed Miller's ebook and I suspect that it is better than all the higher priced ebooks.I've seen 'Let there be range' and Ed Miller's book is better than that.If you post your results it will prove that you've improved after reading the Baluga book.I remember you from Cardrunners.You insisted that the sound on some of the early vids was good when it was really poor.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #39
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Sound on earlier vids was perfectly fine to me. I've never had many issues with sounds, nor do I understand why it's being brought up. What miracle results are you looking for? Did you read my entire paragraph dedicated to this? I've also stated that not one single graph will show how much I've . That is simply impossible. Throughout any graph there will be variance, short term results, times I played poorly and ran well, times I've played great and ran bad, etc. On top of that, you can't directly point all results to one source. I've studied my ass off talking to better players, posting on forums, etc. I haven't read Ed Millers new book, but the first version was decent, but no where near the level of Easy Game. You are right though, I wasn't too impressed with Let There Be Range, but I did learn stuff from it that I wouldn't in any 2p2 book and that helped improve some aspects of my game. I have no idea why your so hung up on results when I've mentioned that due to this book I think clearer, understand concepts, and I'm not lost in hands anymore. This book isn't the end all do all to my game. I still watch videos, talk with friends, and find any method I can for continuous improvement. I'm willing to invest time and money back into my game to improve.

It is really simple, if you are not interested, stay away. I relayed my review of how this book helped me achieve a better understanding of my own game and turned my game around. That was the purpose of this thread. For everyone it will be different. If you guys are debating why these books are so expensive, they're probably not meant for you anyways.

My review in a nutshell : This has been the book that has helped my game the most of over 20 books I've read, including several top "e-books". It's well written in a conversational style and makes you feel like you're getting one on one coaching. The concepts are broken down very easily in easy to understand methods and it make things "click" for me that otherwise hadn't before. If you can afford this book, I would suggest investing in it.
TrevRobCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #40
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
Sound on earlier vids was perfectly fine to me.
That's what you said when many customers complained.Thank God others at Cardrunners took the complaint seriously and issued their trainers better quality mikes and instructions on how to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
What miracle results are you looking for?
Just some evidence of the improvement you claimed through reading the book making it 'pay for itself' will do.Maybe just your screen name so we can look it up ourselves on ptr etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
I haven't read Ed Millers new book, but the first version was decent, but no where near the level of Easy Game.
That's highly debatable.I've found advanced material in there which isn't in 'Easy Game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
It is really simple, if you are not interested, stay away. I relayed my review of how this book helped me achieve a better understanding of my own game and turned my game around. That was the purpose of this thread. For everyone it will be different. If you guys are debating why these books are so expensive, they're probably not meant for you anyways.
Don't be so impertinent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
This has been the book that has helped my game the most of over 20 books I've read, including several top "e-books".
If you've bought several expensive ebooks you've spent the thick end of $10k just on ebooks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
It's well written in a conversational style and makes you feel like you're getting one on one coaching.
I think you're over-egging it there.A one-to-one coach will address your specific weaknesses and answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
The concepts are broken down very easily in easy to understand methods
And so they are in other less expensive books and some video courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevRobCR View Post
If you can afford this book, I would suggest investing in it.
You've failed to convince me that it's any better than the cheaper books.If it just contains a few 'advanced' plays which might or might not work (LTBR is like this) then it isn't imo.The concepts are very well known and available from a variety of sources.Some of these sources are even free!
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #41
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moscow (Yes, I'm American)
Posts: 1,198
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwocwoc View Post
Please post your 'before' and 'after' results.I asked breathweapon to do the same when he made similar claims but he won't do it.
No you didn't, not that I would anyway. If you can't afford the book, don't buy it - people are only going to get as much out of it as they put into it.
breathweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #42
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathweapon View Post
No you didn't, not that I would anyway. If you can't afford the book, don't buy it - people are only going to get as much out of it as they put into it.
What kind of nonsense is that?You can put a lot into it without buying this book or LTBR etc.You made a similar claim that you improved and made loads of money after reading an expensive ebook but I didn't hear from you again after I asked you to post some results or give us your screen name.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #43
newbie
 
Tiltful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 49
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

^Sad.
Tiltful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #44
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,348
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Cwoccwoc, what if an breakeven ssnl player buys these books, improves and then moves up and becomes a breakeven player at the midstakes will you respect this breakeven graph as an improvement ??
Gelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #45
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,690
Re: Easy game by Andrew Seidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelford View Post
Cwoccwoc, what if an breakeven ssnl player buys these books, improves and then moves up and becomes a breakeven player at the midstakes will you respect this breakeven graph as an improvement ??
Technically it's an improvement but the player should make sure he can beat a level before moving up.If you keep moving up until you find your break-even level you're never going to make any money,which is a bit retarded!
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive