Originally Posted by Pokerzhard
I appreciate the honesty from those in this thread. I do have a maturity problem and would like to improve. I don't think I come off as I would like, or intend to. I do want help, not psychologically, but to improve my game.
I think the above post is hopeful and so I don't feel as if I wasted my time here.
But I want to point out that you don't know what you don't know. You may "think" that your problem area is X, Y, and Z but in actuality it can be X, Y, Z, AND F, G, H...
For instance, psychology is an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT PART OF POKER.
I have a friend who is a very good (technical) player but is still a losing player. He knows all the math and technical aspects of poker, 3-betting light, ranging, equity, etc. etc...
But he has a hair tilt trigger and tilts like a tilt-a-world and spews like a volcano....If he didn't tilt, he'd easily be crushing the game for 12BB/hr but he can't and so he is a -2BB/hr player. Ironically, he thinks of himself as one of the better players in the area and keeps discounting the "tilt".
My point. You may "think" you know what your problems are, but the reality is that you probably only know about 60% of your problems and the remaining 40% are unknown to you. As relates to the psychology of poker, I would suspect that the psychological aspect of poker is an enormous problem for you. Which isn't surprising because ITS AN ENORMOUS PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE.
And one of the reasons it is is because it is one of the most underrated and underappreciated aspects of the game.
Originally Posted by the_spike
Do you often find yourself using the Socratic method when you feel intellectually and psychologically superior to your "students"?
p.s. inaccuracy is a bad word to misspell.
As a winning player who supports himself with poker, I AM intellectually and psychologically superior to my 'poker' students and beginning poker noobs asking questions in the beginning forum. That is, as far as poker goes.
When I take the time to post in this forum, I'm doing so because it is my intent and hope to help them. When I joined this site a few years ago, posters helped me (some of the help may have been a bit harsher than what I may have liked) and without their help I would have never became a winning player.
Reading through your replies and post I have to give you credit. You are smart which makes you a dangerous troll. Smart trolls are dangerous because you have a great talent for not only confusing the issues, but you actually negate great advice which does more harm than good.
Have you ever watched Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsey comes in and BLASTS the mistakes of the chef. Part of that harsh treatment is necessary for the chef to get over his own ego and actually "acknowledge" the mistakes he's making and that his subconscious refuses to let him see.
You are the embodiment of the ego/id aspect that refuses to all the chef to see or acknowledge his own mistakes.
I'm not sure of your posts in other threads, but in this thread, you are doing more harm than good.
p.s. the fact that you also are a grammar nazi says a lot about you as well. Seriously, being a grammar nazi on internet posts is just really sad