Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games

Notices

Other Gambling Games Discussion about other gambling games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #196
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,217
Re: Thread about video poker

Did you get a hand pay for the $1,000?

In Vegas there is no hand pay for $1,000 (unless its a $1,XXX progressive royal)...

In California there is a hand pay for $1,000 I find it very annoying...
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #197
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 404
Re: Thread about video poker

A month of playing VP, $191,929.75 coin in later I'm only down about 56 bucks for a ROI of 99.97%. This includes everything up until this point except food comps/free rooms/anything that doesn't add to coin in. Also there's some free play I need to go through this month which should give me a slightly positive ROI. Looks like I'm running good!

I've fully switched to NSUD unless I need to go through free play at certain casinos, namely Palms, The M Resort, and Plaza.

Total Buy In = 15,055.75
Total Cash Out = 14,636.35
Total Cash Back = 363.00
Total Coin In = 191,929.75
Total ROI = 99.97%
Estimated Hands = 703794.2 (this includes multi-line games obviously)

Winning Sessions = 32
Avg Win Session = 146.14
Losing Sessions = 27
Avg Lose Session = -188.74
Breakeven Sessions = 1

Net Win/Loss = -56.40
Exp. Win/Loss = -761.96

edit: Oops forgot to subtract the tip-out for the one hand pay. So I'm down 96.40 at this point.
bandit8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #198
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,382
Re: Thread about video poker

wholly crap, you have 200k coin in. I have about that for the entire year (with no royals) In my area the best JOB we have is 8/5. I was in st louis last week for the harrah's promotion and saw signs above machines for 99% payout. This is the first time I was able to play such a machine. However what I realized was there might be a 9/6 machine but right next to it the machine is 8/5 and on the other side it was 9/5. Then I saw an 8/6. It was so weird that in one bank of games there were 4 different pay tables. In PA there is 8/5 or 7/5 and they are not mixed among each other.
Barbiaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #199
Pooh-Bah
 
ExaMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,544
Re: Thread about video poker

is it standard etiquette to tip the guy giving the hand pay?

you say this excludes comps. how much did you make in comps? do you do this this for fun and try to make your hobby as less expensive as possible or are you doing it for profit?
ExaMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #200
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,453
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiaux View Post
wholly crap, you have 200k coin in. I have about that for the entire year (with no royals) In my area the best JOB we have is 8/5. I was in st louis last week for the harrah's promotion and saw signs above machines for 99% payout. This is the first time I was able to play such a machine. However what I realized was there might be a 9/6 machine but right next to it the machine is 8/5 and on the other side it was 9/5. Then I saw an 8/6. It was so weird that in one bank of games there were 4 different pay tables. In PA there is 8/5 or 7/5 and they are not mixed among each other.
Harrah's St. Louis clearly points out the highest paying machines there with signs indicating their payout %age. There is one bank in the non-smoking section and one bank in the smoking section. In each of these banks there is only one 9/6 JoB machine. The rest of the machines in those banks are different variants, 8/5 is a full pay Bonus Poker machine, and 9/5 is a full pay Triple Bonus Plus machine (the highest paying machine in the entire casino).

Hope you did well!

http://www.vpfree2.com/casino/harrahs-st-louis

While on the Vegas strip last week, I struggled to find machines to pay as good as the best that exist at Harrah's STL. I settled for an "Airport" Deuces (98.9%) nickel machine at the Casino Royale. These machines definitely don't exist at McCarran Airport anymore...haha At multiple casinos, I found "Colorado" Deuces everywhere. And 8/5 JoB or worse.

http://grochowski.casinocitytimes.co...riations-45954
tringlomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #201
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 404
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaMeter View Post
is it standard etiquette to tip the guy giving the hand pay?

you say this excludes comps. how much did you make in comps? do you do this this for fun and try to make your hobby as less expensive as possible or are you doing it for profit?
Yes, it usually is. However I didn't realize how much it affects my bottom line. I'll probably nit it up and give 1% next time. I already decided on my first hand pay that I would give 2%.

I'd imagine that I probably have a few hundred dollars worth of comps and probably some more on the way in the form of mailers. And yes, I'm trying to make money at it. At first I didn't really have a gameplan and just played for the hell of it but I learned about taking advantage of slot clubs and promos, and to seek out +EV opportunities. I won't just sit down at a <100% machine for the hell of it like I used to unless I know I can make money somehow.
bandit8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #202
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,453
Re: Thread about video poker

Tipping 2% should effect your overall return by about 0.04%, no? Much better than what the IRS may claim if you end up being a winner at the end of the year...
tringlomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #203
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,217
Re: Thread about video poker

2% IMHO is kinda high...

For $1000 hand pay I give $5 (we have these in California)
For $1200-1999 hand pay I give $10
$2000 - give $20

Basically 1%

My first $8,000 royal I gave $100 (I had only put $200 in the machine)...

$6,000 Triple Bonus Poker Plus 4aces I gave $60.

So yeah... I say 1% is more than enough...


If you start playing $5 DDB, every 4oaK is a hand pay starting at $1250.. Those I give $10...
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #204
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,217
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit8402 View Post
A month of playing VP, $191,929.75 coin in later I'm only down about 56 bucks for a ROI of 99.97%. This includes everything up until this point except food comps/free rooms/anything that doesn't add to coin in. Also there's some free play I need to go through this month which should give me a slightly positive ROI. Looks like I'm running good!

I've fully switched to NSUD unless I need to go through free play at certain casinos, namely Palms, The M Resort, and Plaza.

Total Buy In = 15,055.75
Total Cash Out = 14,636.35
Total Cash Back = 363.00
Total Coin In = 191,929.75
Total ROI = 99.97%
Estimated Hands = 703794.2 (this includes multi-line games obviously)

Winning Sessions = 32
Avg Win Session = 146.14
Losing Sessions = 27
Avg Lose Session = -188.74
Breakeven Sessions = 1

Net Win/Loss = -56.40
Exp. Win/Loss = -761.96

edit: Oops forgot to subtract the tip-out for the one hand pay. So I'm down 96.40 at this point.


Props for keeping track of things so well...
I have been wanting to keep track like that but I have not been successful...

May I ask what you did?

My Tier Score at Harrah's so far this year I am just at 60K ($600,000 coin in)... I just got my Harrah's E-Statement a couple of days ago... I put on 0 points last month... WOW... ME, not going to a Casino for a month? WTF!
SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #205
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 164
Re: Thread about video poker

I'm a VP newbie (just now discovering a lot of the good stuff on vpFree). Do any of you St. Louis regulars (or Horseshoe So. Indiana near Louisville) know if they have any decent multi-line machines to knock out the tier credits faster, like a 50 or 100 play? Thanks!
henrix77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #206
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 404
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tringlomane View Post
Tipping 2% should effect your overall return by about 0.04%, no? Much better than what the IRS may claim if you end up being a winner at the end of the year...
True, probably a little less than 0.04% if you play mostly multi-line. But it might affect your hourly by quite a bit if you play higher denom single line for a living. Say for example you play 800 hands/hour NSUD, $5 coins, with .3% CB and .3% mailer value. You'll average $66/hour at 100.33%. If your ROI goes down to 100.29% tipping out 2% on royals you'll average $57/hour.

But I can't imagine why anyone would tip $400 on a $20k jackpot unless the money didn't matter to them. It's just way too much. I also don't think I'll be playing $5 or even $1 coins any time soon so I'm not really sure how to account for taxes (or if it really matters to me.)
bandit8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #207
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 404
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedJunk View Post
Props for keeping track of things so well...
I have been wanting to keep track like that but I have not been successful...

May I ask what you did?

My Tier Score at Harrah's so far this year I am just at 60K ($600,000 coin in)... I just got my Harrah's E-Statement a couple of days ago... I put on 0 points last month... WOW... ME, not going to a Casino for a month? WTF!
Spreadsheet on google docs. If you PM me your e-mail I can give you read only access if you're interested.
bandit8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #208
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,453
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrix77 View Post
I'm a VP newbie (just now discovering a lot of the good stuff on vpFree). Do any of you St. Louis regulars (or Horseshoe So. Indiana near Louisville) know if they have any decent multi-line machines to knock out the tier credits faster, like a 50 or 100 play? Thanks!
To my knowledge of STL at least...no. The 50/100 play machines are usually penny to dime machines and only pay ~96%. I would just play the full pay machines at $10 a hand. Do you need more than a few hundred tier credits in an hour?
tringlomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 AM   #209
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,217
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit8402 View Post
Spreadsheet on google docs. If you PM me your e-mail I can give you read only access if you're interested.
I was keeping track of my tier score / comp ballance... but have not kept track of my win loss...

I have got some catchin up to do for 7-Stars:

SuitedJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #210
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 164
Re: Thread about video poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tringlomane View Post
To my knowledge of STL at least...no. The 50/100 play machines are usually penny to dime machines and only pay ~96%. I would just play the full pay machines at $10 a hand. Do you need more than a few hundred tier credits in an hour?
Meh...it's not that I NEED more than a few hundred tier credits in an hour, it's just that I was looking to knock them out as fast as possible, and figured the 50/100 play machines would do that, and lower variance along the way (right?...again, I'm a newb). Thanks for the input.
henrix77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive