Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Gambling Games Discussion about other gambling games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Codecci
veteran
 
Codecci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Estonia
Posts: 2,607
Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quite noobish questions, but it's tough to Google it since everyone tries to advertise their casino crap.

1) What is casino edge when I play perfect basic blackjack strategy? Wizardofodds claims it's 0.28% with 'Liberal Vegas rules', what kind of rules and odds can I expect on typical online site like Microgaming or PartyGaming?

2) How long does it take to study this strategy? There is a promotion I want to take part in online so I could use all kinds of charts or programs.
Codecci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 17,691
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

I don't know what rules are common in online games but blackjackinfo.com has a customizable strategy calculator so you can print out charts for whatever rules you find.

How long it takes you to memorize those charts is up to you. The vast majority of the boxes are the same across all rules - for example, you're always or almost always doubling 11 v dealer 2-T but v dealer A is rule dependent. So if you've totally memorized one set of rules, memorizing a second set is much easier.

If you're playing online, can't you just print out the sheets and look at them while you play?
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:29 AM   #3
mitchman
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: denver, CO
Posts: 442
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

I have an edge question reguarding counting and "Wonging" in and out.
Specifically, how much % is gained on single deck when court is +2, +4, etc. I use the simple +1/-1 system with the hi/low strategy adjustments.

Thanks
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
onguard
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 54
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

about half % per point
onguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
EpicEsquire
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 14
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most casinos limit your bet size if you Wong in?
EpicEsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 17,691
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most casinos limit your bet size if you Wong in?
Some casinos may restrict your bet spread but I've never heard of them restricting your bet size.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
Tom Ames
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Posts: 16,639
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
Some casinos may restrict your bet spread but I've never heard of them restricting your bet size.
I've seen both--and many who still place no restrictions but usually won't turn a blind eye.
Tom Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #8
EpicEsquire
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 14
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
Some casinos may restrict your bet spread but I've never heard of them restricting your bet size.

Yes - that is what I meant - I've seen many casinos limit mid-shoe entry though to the table minimum
EpicEsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #9
pieceofcake
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 659
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codecci View Post
Quite noobish questions, but it's tough to Google it since everyone tries to advertise their casino crap.

1) What is casino edge when I play perfect basic blackjack strategy? Wizardofodds claims it's 0.28% with 'Liberal Vegas rules', what kind of rules and odds can I expect on typical online site like Microgaming or PartyGaming?

2) How long does it take to study this strategy? There is a promotion I want to take part in online so I could use all kinds of charts or programs.
Basic strategy depends on what the dealer's up card is , if you can
Just remember that the rest is easy. Except for a few things i see people disagree on like -

If you have 12 and dealer is showing a 2 , what do you do?
I like standing , but there is others who hit

Or do you hit a soft 18 when dealer is showing a face card
pieceofcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
CORed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,032
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofcake View Post
Basic strategy depends on what the dealer's up card is , if you can
Just remember that the rest is easy. Except for a few things i see people disagree on like -

If you have 12 and dealer is showing a 2 , what do you do?
I like standing , but there is others who hit

Or do you hit a soft 18 when dealer is showing a face card
Correct basic strategy is to hit 12 vs. dealer 2 or 3, also to hit soft 18 vs. dealer 9, 10 or A.

These are the plays with the best EV, assuming you are using no information other than your cards and dealer upcards (by definition of basic strategy). This is not a matter of opinion. Those who disagree are simply wrong.
CORed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
EpicEsquire
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 14
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofcake View Post
Basic strategy depends on what the dealer's up card is , if you can
Just remember that the rest is easy. Except for a few things i see people disagree on like -

If you have 12 and dealer is showing a 2 , what do you do?
I like standing , but there is others who hit

Or do you hit a soft 18 when dealer is showing a face card
There are also certain variations based on the content of your hand - for example: if you had an 8,4 versus a dealer 4, basic strategy says to stand -- however, if you have a 10,2 versus a dealer 4, there is a microscopic advantage to hitting (but only when it is a 10 value and 2 - not for any other type of 12
EpicEsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 17,691
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
There are also certain variations based on the content of your hand - for example: if you had an 8,4 versus a dealer 4, basic strategy says to stand -- however, if you have a 10,2 versus a dealer 4, there is a microscopic advantage to hitting (but only when it is a 10 value and 2 - not for any other type of 12
This is called composition dependent strategy and the effect is small outside of single deck games. Like it may change the house edge from 0.20% to 0.15% in a single deck game but only from 0.80% to 0.79% in a shoe.

You can Google composition dependent strategies, I don't play single deck so I don't know it off the top of my head.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #13
EpicEsquire
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 14
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
This is called composition dependent strategy and the effect is small outside of single deck games. Like it may change the house edge from 0.20% to 0.15% in a single deck game but only from 0.80% to 0.79% in a shoe.

You can Google composition dependent strategies, I don't play single deck so I don't know it off the top of my head.


Yeah i learned it as content but have also heard composition used as a moniker as well..
and, yes, indeed the percentage increase is, as I previously stated, "microscopic" but, it still exists and if you are someone that can memorize it, why not use it?
EpicEsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #14
tomcran
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

How about online blackjack? I play at a popular site that specializes in poker, but I get the feeling the online BJ game is rigged. When dealer shows ten, he nearly always gets another ten. When he shows 7, he nearly always gets 17 or higher.

And sometimes after I've been winning a good bit for hours, all of a sudden the whole scenario changes, like they've triggered an algorithm from "normal" to "hard". As soon as I detect that I revert to betting $1 bets and just watch with amazement one impossible dealer win after another. I stick with $1 or wait an hour until things seem normal again.
tomcran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 AM   #15
onguard
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 54
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Blackjack is really swingy by nature.

That's not me saying they aren't cheating.
onguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #16
CORed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,032
Re: Perfect Blackjack Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
There are also certain variations based on the content of your hand - for example: if you had an 8,4 versus a dealer 4, basic strategy says to stand -- however, if you have a 10,2 versus a dealer 4, there is a microscopic advantage to hitting (but only when it is a 10 value and 2 - not for any other type of 12
IIRC, hitting 10,2 vs. 4 applies only in single deck. That said, 12 vs. 4 is very close between hit and stand. You should also stand on most 3 card 16's vs. 10, especially if one or more of your 3 cards is a 4 or 5, and this applies even in 6 deck.
CORed is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online