Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Other Gambling Games Discussion about other gambling games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
JOsbourne
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 242
New Craps Machine

Has anyone seen these? I've saw them in about 5 casinos in Nevada.

There is about 9 seats surrounding a big box with two big dice in it. Each player has there own computer screen with a craps layout. Each player gets to "shoot" the dice but you push a button down which makes the dice bounce. Kinda like the board game trouble.

I would think it would be worth it to play these since you wouldn't have to tip the dealers. Also you could bet the "don't pass" and don't have to worry about others being mad at you. As nobody gets to see what your bets are.

It's $1 min wager. $4 of play = 3 comp points.
JOsbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
JOsbourne
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 242
Re: New Craps Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6yE6RXU_Ew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNES...endscreen&NR=1

All of the odds are correct they even pay you down to the exact "penny."

Only thing I noticed was the field doesn't pay triple for box cars.
JOsbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Pokeraddict
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: @john_mehaffey
Posts: 9,609
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
It's $1 min wager. $4 of play = 3 comp points.
At Station it is. Each company has their own policy on points. Some are full points, some partial, and some none. There was a major advantage play at a casino that paid you points on every roll including odds. They figured it out and removed all of the points. The full point ones now only pay points when the bet wins/loses. They also have varying degrees of odds allowed. The standard seems to be 5x the pass line bet, with 5x the dont bet for the other side.
Pokeraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
jmark
Pooh-Bah
 
jmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: US
Posts: 3,790
Re: New Craps Machine

I saw a bunch of people playing it. It seemed very similar to the table game, but without the fun.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
blah45
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 803
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
I saw a bunch of people playing it. It seemed very similar to the table game, but without the fun.
agreed but i might check it out at resorts world (NY) but i read somewhere its always full
blah45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
JOsbourne
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 242
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeraddict View Post
At Station it is. Each company has their own policy on points. Some are full points, some partial, and some none. There was a major advantage play at a casino that paid you points on every roll including odds. They figured it out and removed all of the points. The full point ones now only pay points when the bet wins/loses. They also have varying degrees of odds allowed. The standard seems to be 5x the pass line bet, with 5x the dont bet for the other side.
I was wondering that too still a bit confused. I was wagering $200/roll for awhile and didn't seem to get that many points. So I am guessing they only pay you points when the bet wins or loses and you get paid according to what you bet... $4 play - 3 points?
JOsbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
KingBBinLV
Pooh-Bah
 
KingBBinLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vega$
Posts: 4,875
Re: New Craps Machine

There has to be some way of getting an edge on the "dice in a bubble" game. Every time those dice hit the plastic bubble or scuff the bubble when you "pop" them up, it has to create a bias set of dice I would think.

Anyone else agree?
KingBBinLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
onepercent
grinder
 
onepercent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 411
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBBinLV View Post
There has to be some way of getting an edge on the "dice in a bubble" game. Every time those dice hit the plastic bubble or scuff the bubble when you "pop" them up, it has to create a bias set of dice I would think.

Anyone else agree?
I would think it would have some affect on the dice. I think all games will be automated sooner than later. Trying to save every dime in casinos!!
onepercent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 11,695
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBBinLV View Post
There has to be some way of getting an edge on the "dice in a bubble" game. Every time those dice hit the plastic bubble or scuff the bubble when you "pop" them up, it has to create a bias set of dice I would think.

Anyone else agree?
you could say this about most casino games, regular craps, roulette, the money wheel. They all have moving parts and involve physical collisions.

I do not agree that this will inevitably result in bias to such a degree as to make the game exploitable.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
blah45
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 803
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepercent View Post
I would think it would have some affect on the dice. I think all games will be automated sooner than later. Trying to save every dime in casinos!!
whats the fun in that half the fun is holding chips/betting chips/ rolling dice touching the felt etc
blah45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
TheJacob
veteran
 
TheJacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,238
Re: New Craps Machine

I saw these and wondered if or how often they change the dice.

If they don't change them it seems wear would develop...
TheJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #12
Shoe
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,534
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
you could say this about most casino games, regular craps, roulette, the money wheel. They all have moving parts and involve physical collisions.

I do not agree that this will inevitably result in bias to such a degree as to make the game exploitable.
If there is a such thing as dice control.... I'd imagine having the dice in a bubble that pop at the same rate each exact time could be predictable if there is any bias for which sides of the dice are facing.
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #13
eobmtns
veteran
 
eobmtns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,116
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
If there is a such thing as dice control.... I'd imagine having the dice in a bubble that pop at the same rate each exact time could be predictable if there is any bias for which sides of the dice are facing.
The game is quite beatable, if you have the patience to sit there and listen to the canned sounds over and over.
eobmtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 11,695
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobmtns View Post
The game is quite beatable, if you have the patience to sit there and listen to the canned sounds over and over.
have you made tens of thousands of dollars or are you up into the millions yet?
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
Pokeraddict
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: @john_mehaffey
Posts: 9,609
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobmtns View Post
The game is quite beatable, if you have the patience to sit there and listen to the canned sounds over and over.
I have found several casinos that pay full points, even on odds. I figure these places are paying 100-100.3% if you cannot establish any pattern. The amount depends on what the room pays bak and its odds. You may also improve your comp rating for theoreticals, but those would be hard to figure on their own.

I have seen some really strange things. For example, one time I was playing it and it threw a nine the same way (6,3) seven straight rolls. One time I walked up to the machine and the last 15 rolls included 7 7's, each after establishing a point. Needless to say, the machine was empty. One time I played the don't and did not throw a 7 for 37 straight rolls. I had to count after the 15th.

There are some odds streaks in it, but I guess if you bothered to count the dice at a real craps game you would find certain bizarre streaks if you cherry picked the results.
Pokeraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
Bdizzle99
grinder
 
Bdizzle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 406
Re: New Craps Machine

I love that craps machine. Im up in Buffalo NewYork where is the nearest machine?
Bdizzle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
Jkpoker10
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 611
This sounds like a good game. Whenever I win playing craps (I play don't pass) I tip way too much after winning sessions so this would be a nice way to combat that.
Jkpoker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #18
NewOldGuy
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the wires
Posts: 4,812
Re: New Craps Machine

It takes a hard core gambler to like a negative expectation game after you remove all the fun and excitement of real people.

Why not just figure 2% of your average total wagers per session, give that amount of money to the first beggar on the street, and then go play poker instead?
NewOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 11,695
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldGuy View Post
It takes a hard core gambler to like a negative expectation game after you remove all the fun and excitement of real people.

Why not just figure 2% of your average total wagers per session, give that amount of money to the first beggar on the street, and then go play poker instead?
lol at multi player being the only redeeming aspect of gambling.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
Jkpoker10
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 611
Lol why give money to a beggar? I'd rather burn my money.
Jkpoker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
ravager 102
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 524
Re: New Craps Machine

I've burned a $20 bill before. Was actually quite liberating/cathartic. I was at quite an emotional low at the time though.
ravager 102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
SheetWise
banned
 
SheetWise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,677
Re: New Craps Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
lol at multi player being the only redeeming aspect of gambling.
There are redeeming aspects?

SheetWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
Fubster
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,316
Re: New Craps Machine

You people are bizarre...
Fubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #24
Bdizzle99
grinder
 
Bdizzle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 406
Re: New Craps Machine

OK so where is this game on the east coast?
Bdizzle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #25
Daniel Ocean
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 512
Re: New Craps Machine

Looks fun. It's nice to be able to earn comps on craps. So we know bellagio and MGM has it based on videos. Anyone seen them elsewhere. Any CET properties?
Daniel Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online